Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Tolerant Patience ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own Trigun. *pouts* Foh-Evah Love, Foh-evah Dreeam... ^_^() I'll stop singing.

Symbol key....

\Insert noise\ = Mechanical devices "Insert word(s)" = Talking

-- Insert thought(s) -- = Thoughts directed to certain telepathic people aimed to be picked up. I.e. hold a conversation without moving lips.

/ Insert thought(s) / = Captive person's thoughts.

>Insert thought(s) > = Intruding thoughts pushed in from telepathic person.

<> Insert thought(s)<> = Rin's skimming frequency... those thoughts she picks up. Extra symbols may be added.

(Insert thought(s)) = A higher form of telepathy. Almost like hypnosis because they sound like your own thoughts.

!! Look out for a Japanese honorative!! :
"(Insert Name)-sama" means "Master/Mistress (Insert name)", "Lord/Lady (Insert name)"; in other words, "You are the best thing ever, I grovel at your feet, I am yours to command (Insert name)"; basically its the highest honorative, you can give to your superior. You hold this person in high respect.

Pronounciation key:
'-Sama' is "Sah-mah"

Editor's note: This is a short chapter.. Uhmm.. Legato may be slightly OOC, but putting him in that situation I think I did well, don't you?

On with Chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I found myself slowly come to awareness.

It was very strange not having my mental prowess; usually I was met with a 'daily report'. A flood of information would crash down on me and I would get an update of anything I might have missed.

However, now I was mostly limited to using my physical senses.

I seemed intact. My left arm was buzzing with a dull... depression. Vash the Stampede is upset, possibly harmed...

I was not able to discern the difference anymore, ever since she numbed my senses. I believe if I had attempted to re-establish a better connection I would simply get rebounded.

I was irritated by the stream of emotions flowing clearly through. A side effect of having his arm attached to me.

On a more disturbing note, I was... numb.

There was a gaping wound of emptiness where I should feel the sharpness of pain. There was none, which made me uneasy. How would I focus properly?


I was warm and relaxed. Where was I?

I shifted, and suddenly realized that I was immobilized by a warm body in my arms.

Knives-sama...?

I blinked, not remembering anything after falling asleep.

Patience. I nearly flinched at the thought.

This is certainly an interesting predicament.

I swiftly plucked her arm off of me and removed my hand from its grip on her clothing. I stood up, quickly moving out of the bed to the window.

Did she carry me up here? I looked out at the paradise situated outside.
It reminded me of the garden I had made for Master Knives.

A piece of artificial Eden.

I brought a finger up to the glass and gently traced the frame.
It's strange that I had not noticed.
I walked right throught this and not have remembered it?
The vibrant greens.
Maybe I was more disoriented from my skirmish yesterday then I had realized.
I knew I was in love with plants... the rare variety. Not fond of. Never fond of. Fondness only led to lies.


I felt the spike of a stare.
She's awake.
I turned to see her gazing at me with open curiousity.

I gave her an evaluative stare down my nose.
"Hypocrite."
I smiled at her startled expression.

I had let my guard down.

"I should have expected to find myself as a bed- warmer, but then, I did not think you were the type to take advantage of the helpless, Patience."

Her eyes shot up in confusion.

My smile broadened. I chuckled emptily.

How foolish of me. Yes, to have missed that... a shame she did not let me die.

Her mismatched eyes pitied me as she extended a hand in a sign of peace.

Oh, now she expects forgiveness? What even Master Knives has yet to gain? Ha.

My chest constricted right then.

I started to laugh, choking back the hitch in my throat.

How .. odd. That sensation.. have not experienced it in a long time.

Disappointment?

Was I actually disappointed?

Really, what had I, been expecting??


A wall stopped me at my back.

Trust?

My traitorous feet had pinned me against the wall with no escape.

I refuse to believe that I began to trust her.

Oh, she was granted some trust for being what she was, but nothing compared to what Master Knives owned of me.


I jerked her gently placed hand off of my right arm, throwing her crashing to the floor.

Besides, nobody ever really cared unselfishly.

Everybody wanted something.

Even Knives wanted something; he never really wanted me. He wanted Vash.


She rose gracefully, the sunlight streaming onto her hair brought a brilliance of shimmering yellow to envelop her face.

Of course, I was just as selfish.

She raised her head to make eye contact; the sunlight caught them, the midnight color of her right eye shone sky blue, and gold flecks appeared in the green one.

I wanted my beautiful Master.

She looked dejected, but made no move towards me.

I was angry, but I was not further provoked by her to need to harm her.

True, I was indebted to her.

But, I care nothing of honor.

Only that as promised, the pain was gone, even though I deserved every bit of it.
But I.. needed it. The focus I could create from it.


She did not sleep with me. I knew perfectly well that she did not.

But, why share her bed with me?

My confusion was borne out of this question.

She wanted something... Her weakness would lie in this understanding...


I was perturbed.

What did she want?

Now, she appeared to be opening and closing her mouth.

What..?

I was deaf to her words.

I should have felt some apprehension by this involuntary action... maybe even alarmed....
Quite the contrary happened.
A sense of deep calm settled down upon me. I smiled blissfully, accepting the offer.

I would be free soon.