Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Vash and Knives Baby Book ❯ First Words ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Next new chapter coming up!
I do not own the Trigun Manga or the Anime; I wish I owned Knives and Vash! Baby Knives because he’s crazy…but then again his species grows faster…
HERE COMES AN EVENT THAT EVERY PARENT WAITS FOR! Well one of the two events; one event is their child’s first word and the other is their child’s first steps, this will be Knives and Vash’s first words…the walking for the first time will be later.
Some reviewer had asked if I was going to have other crew member’s points of view of Vash and Knives. I will do this in due time; however I’m not very sure of the personality of some of the crew members. I know how Joey, Rem, Mary and of course Steve would act with the twins, but I’m sort of blind when it comes to Rowan and Law. You’ll have to wait until I see the episode with them in it before I do any of those for them…I will make sure I do view points for the others…Rem does need a rest.
This is going to be a much shorter chapter…I couldn’t really think up ideas for this…
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Vash and Knives Baby Book
Chapter Three
:
First Words
“Come on you guys…say my name…say Rem” the raven haired woman said to the twins in their highchairs; they were in the ships cafeteria eating their lunch, and also hoping today would be the day her two adopted sons would say their first words. They had been making little squeal sounds and other noises, but none of them had come close to words of any kind. Not only were they being stubborn to talk to her; Vash was being very fussy about eating today as well, Vash who would sometimes steal food off his brothers tray refused to eat so much as a bite. “If you’re not going to talk at least eat?” Rem asked putting the spoon up to the green eyed boy; the boy made an annoyed noise and pulled his face away “Vash come on…it’s your favorite, peaches” Rem held the food out again and still Vash refused to eat. “How about you then Knives?” Rem held Vash’s peaches to the blue eyed twin; peaches weren’t Knives favorite food but the boy happily ate it, Vash made a sound that clearly said he was not happy about his brother eating food that was his to begin with.
“Ives!” Vash sounded as if he was trying to shout something at his brother, but it coming out as a funny sound like all the others.
“Hermp” Knives made a sound at his brother and attempted to grab some food off his brother’s tray, he liked the peaches Rem had given him and wanted more.
“Ives!”
“Ash!”
Rem giggled at the two boys before pulling them away from each others food trays, “Now that’s enough you two…you eat what’s on your own trays…you both have pretty much the same thing” She didn’t even plan what happened next. She had turned her back for just a second to grab something to pull her hair back her black hair since the twins had gotten into hair pulling lately. She heard a giggle that had to be Vash before feeling something make contact with her head…something mushy by feeling how easy it gave after smacking into the back of her head. Curious Rem lifted her hand up to her hair to feel something mushy and cool there; pulling it back she looked at what it was…peaches. She turned around and there was little Vash looking as innocent as any baby would, holding the baby spoon in his hand that had traces of peaches on it. This was a first for the younger twin; normally it was Knives who was the trouble maker, Knives who would climb on things, use peoples arms as teething rings, screamed at the top of his lungs until he got what he wanted.
Knives was known to throw his toys at peoples head; the first event of that was Knives throwing his rattle that Mary had given him as a present, which Knives threw at Steve’s head and that man already hated the two boys and Knives just might have made it worst. Along with toys Knives was known to throw food when any was near him; Vash however NEVER before now had thrown anything, he wasn’t as big of a trouble maker as his older brother. “Now Vash” Rem said in a serious tone “We do not throw things at people” she knew they were babies but some limits to their antics had to be made; forbid they ever become spoiled before reaching the new planet, she blamed herself that possibly not disciplining Knives enough for his own throwing of things that Vash picked up the act. The boy widened his green eyes before letting out a squeal and throwing more food at his adopted mother; who this time was able to duck and the food went splattering all over the wall, and the boy was now covered in the peaches, the second shot of his ammo being to messy and mushy to stay on the spoon with the wiggly arm of a baby, splattered all over his cloths and down his shirt when he had thrown whatever was left on the spoon.
“Oh Vash look at you…I just gave you a bath yesterday” Rem said sighing and picked the younger boy up careful not to get the food dripping off him on her cloths. She would go and take Vash’s cloths off and put him in the play pen before getting Knives, then put the older boy done for a nap while washing his brother for a second time. She heard the usual near crying sounds from both boys as Rem carried the younger boy away from his brother, this happened every time and she really didn’t want to end up bathing both boys again.
“Ash! Ash! Vash!” Rem stopped at that and then turned to face Knives who was still in his high chair, his little hands reaching out to get to his brother. But what he just said…was she imagining it or did Knives just…
“Vash! Vash! VASH!” He was yelling louder as if shouting that would make is adopted mother bring his brother back over.
“Ives!” Vash had heard his name and reached out with more strength to reach his brother then before “Ives! Knives!”
“You two…” Rem said looking at the two little twins who were currently reaching for the other as if for dear life, and shouting the others name. Of all the words they could have had to be their first; it could have been the baby talk she and Mary used on the boys, something said from Joey or a joking remark from Law or Rowan, or possibly but thankfully one of the endless swears that came bursting from Steve’s mouth even when in the presents of the boys, it could have even been one of their names mostly their adopted father Joey or adopted mother Rem’s name, or their own names. But instead their first words…were…
“VASH!”
“KNIVES!” Each others names; Rem smiled and walked back over to the older boy and picked him out of his high chair, the older of the twins latched on to his brother just as the younger one did the same, acting as if they had been separated for months instead of a few seconds. Smiling at the two not really caring now that Knives was getting covered in peaches from clutching his brother, and that she would have to bath the two of them together again she shook her head and walked off down the hall. Passing Mary along the way she asked her to clean up the mess for her while she went to bath the two messy twins. These two little babies were going to be near inseparable when they got older…she just knew it; all the signs of it were there. From crying when they were taken away from each other, to being protective of each other, and now their first words being the other ones name. Rem laughed as the boys continued to call out the others name when out of earshot of Mary, not always pronouncing them correctly but they had plenty of time to practice. Rem just hoped they NEVER picked up Steve’s swearing habit; now that they were starting to talk, they would probably start mimicking anything they heard.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
I don’t know if anyone knows and since it was brought up in the chapter I’ll just add this so people aren’t confused. For those who don’t know a baby spoon is of course as the name implies a spoon for babies. It is smaller then a regular spoon; and the scooping part of the spoon is covered with hard rubber or something, its similar to the rubber used to make teething rings. My mom use to feed me and my younger sister with a baby spoon when we were babies…but my mom says I used it more to cut teeth then eat with…heheh…