Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood the Movie ❯ Scene-Four Abel's Voice ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 Abel's voice
 
Esther slowly opened her sapphire colored eyes to see a dark room and heard a lovely tenor voice singing. She looked over at the window to see Abel as he stared out into the starry early August night sky. She closed her eyes again and listened to his beautiful tenor voice:
“Grace is flowing like a river,
From the mount of Calvary.
Look to Jesus Christ the Giver;
He from sin can set you free.
 
Grace is flowing like a river;
Millions there have been supplied.
Still it flows as fresh as ever,
From the Savior's wounded side.
 
Grace is flowing like a river.
Heaven's fountain ever floweth;
All our need has been supplied.
 
Taste His love, receive His mercy;
No one yet has been denied;
No one is denied.
 
Through the blood of Christ forgiven,
Dry the tears from every face.
Through His cross an heir of Heaven,
Even more a child of grace.
 
Grace is flowing like a river;
Millions there have been supplied.
Still it flows as fresh as ever,
From the Savior's wounded side
 
Come to Jesus weary sinners,
Calvary's river flows today.
All who plunge beneath that fountain,
Wash their guilty stains away.
 
Grace is flowing like a river;
Millions there have been supplied.
Still it flows as fresh as ever,
From the Savior's wounded side
 
Grace is flowing like a river.
Grace is flowing like a river.” (Song from The Centurion by Ron Hamilton.)
 
“Abel, you have a nice singing voice.” Esther said with her eyes still closed. Abel spun around toward her and asked, “Esther are you awake now?” She opened her eyes, sat up, and nodded. He blushed, “Did I awake you?” She shook her head. “No.” She began to change the subject. “Abel, how come I've never heard you sing until now?”
 
Abel still blushed and answered, “Because I can't sing.”
 
Esther gasped, “Abel! If you can't sing then where was that beautiful tenor voice coming from?”
 
“M-me.” He shyly said and blushed a little.
 
“Abel, what time is it?” She asked He glanced at the clock next to the door. “9:15pm” He said. He got up and walked over to her. “How are you feeling?” He asked and sat on he bed next to her.
 
“Much better. Thank you.” She replied with a nod of her head.
 
“Do you feel like eating?” He asked. “Yeah, I guess so.” She replied she didn't really know what to say, after all she was sick a couple of hours ago. “Jasmine and the captain invited us for dinner. They said it would be ready at nine.”
 
She pulled the blankets off of her and got off the bed. She stood there weakly at first but then regained her strength. “Let's go.” She said with a smile. He gasped, “Esther, are you sure you're all right?” She nodded and walked over to him.
 
They walked up to the main deck together. Lanterns were strung around the ship on masks and rails. A table was centered by one of the main masks and Jasmine, Caspian, Tres, and Ion gathered around it. Plates filled with food such as potatoes and corn were set around a haft eaten roast pig and a haft eaten pie was in the corner. When Ion saw them, he stood up, “ `Master' Abel! `Madam' Esther, are you feeling all right now?”
 
“I'm just fine Ion. Thank you for your concern.” She said and looked at the table. She stopped right there and stared at the light-blue vase filled with a few roses. Red roses. Her legs cramped up and she fell on her knees onto the cold, metal floor. Abel rushed to her side and so did Ion. “Esther, what's the matter?” Abel asked as he put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at with a face so pale and wide eyes as if she had seen a ghost. She clung to his jacket and whimpered,” R..r..roses…”
 
Ion looked at her a little disappointed that she didn't cling to him but he also looked at her confused. “Roses? Is she afraid of roses? Why?” These questions and many more flowed into his head.
 
“Roses?” Abel repeated and looked at the table. He saw the vase. “Jasmine, could you remove through roses. I don't think she likes them.” Jasmine nodded and took them into her husband's office.
 
“Look Esther. They're gone now.” Abel comforted. Still she was devastated and clung to him. She whispered, “A…bel…why…why did…y..you leave me be..behind?”
 
“Esther? What are you talking about?” He said. “Wait! Doesn't she mean when I left to hunt down Cain?” He wondered.
 
“I hear the sorrowful creaking of old wings of a black angel.” Esther thought to herself. She finally blinked a few times and said, “Abel? You didn't leave me after all. I'm sorry. Did I make everyone worry?”
 
Everyone's worry left their faces with a sigh of relief. Esther tried to get up but her legs were still cramped. “Ow,” she winced and fell back down. “My legs are cramped.”
 
Abel smiled and knelt back down next to her. He reached down and began to gingerly rub her left leg. Ion bent down as well and began to rub her right one. After a while of gentle rubbing, Esther felt the blood rush through her legs again. She stood up with the help of Abel and Ion and they went back to the table. With a quick word of grace, Abel filled his plate with food and then Esther's (of coarse he gave her less than what he took). They all talked, sat, and ate around the table and had a merry good time. Soon it was very late and they departed to their rooms for bed.
 
Abel lay in his bed and looked at the ceiling. Not a noise could be heard in the partly dark room, except the gentle sound of the waves and the scratching noise of Esther's pen as she wrote to Aeron:
“…We are having a great time together. Father Abel, Father Tres, and Ion are protecting me well.
Sincerely,
Esther Blanchett”
She wrote and closed the letter. She put it into an envelope and sealed it. She got up and blew out the candle on the table. Now the room was completely dark except for the light of the moon, which came in through the round window, was there.
 
Carefully she walked to her bed and sat down. She pulled off her shoes and stockings. She looked at Abel noticed that he was sleeping soundly with the blankets at the end of the bed. She smiled and got up. She pulled the up to this collarbone. She whispered, “You'll catch cold like that.” She crawled into her own bed and wrapped the covers around her like a caterpillar would wrap a cocoon around itself. Soon she had drifted off it a peaceful sleep.