Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices for a Broken Future ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sacrifices for a Broken Future
 
Summary: What would you do if you could change the future? Would you give up your entire life? What if you didn't have a choice?
Characters: Fai D. Flowright + Kurogane
Rating: T
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure/Angst
Copyright: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle belongs to Clamp. Any other recognizable media belongs to their respective owners.
Crossovers: Card captor Sakura- Clamp; xxxHolic- Clamp
Couples: KuroFai, SyaoSaku
Author's Notes: I designed this story to show what the journey would be like with a Fai who had gotten over his past and to show the side of time travel no one really bothers to show. I do not know how this story is going to end because Tsubasa itself has not yet ended. I do not know all the secret Tsubasa holds so please forgive me if I get something wrong as more things become revealed.
Last Time: N/A
“Talking”
`Thinking'
“Talking through Mokona”
 
Chapter 1-
 
Tears fell like jewels from a single blue eye. Pale hands clenched into tight fists as they banged roughly against a broad chest. Sobs tore themselves from pale, pink lips. The blonde's entire body shook.
 
Kurogane sighed and wrapped his arms around the smaller mage. The hands hitting him slowly weakened until, with one final hit, they grabbed hold of his shirt and Fai collapsed against him. He buried one hand in the shoulder-length blonde hair. “Your trembling, love.”
 
“I hate you.” Fai hissed but he didn't move away. “I trusted you.” Kurogane winced slightly when the mage's voice broke. He gently tilted the man's head back and placed a light kiss on his forehead and then another on his lips. Fai responded to neither.
 
Kurogane sighed and placed his final gift around his lover's neck. The crystal necklace reflected off the light. “Please don't do this.” The blonde whispered.
 
He couldn't stop his flinch. Fai was begging, Fai never begged. “I am sorry.” He moved his hands down to the mage's shoulders. “I love you. Goodbye.” And he shoved him away.
 
Fai's eyes widened as his feet met empty air. He fell back, through the hole in the ground. The tears started a new as he watched the world he'd come to love disappear above him, collapsing in on itself while he was safe within the dark emptiness of space. His world, his reality, was gone forever. Yuko's voice drifted around. “The price to transpire time has been officially received.”
================================================================= ===
Bright blue eyes slowly slid open to stare at the blank ceiling above him. Slowly Fai pushed himself up and looked around. He wasn't in Nihon. This place looked only vaguely familiar. That meant that it had worked.
 
He looked down, not wanting to accept that everything was gone. But the evidence was right in front of him. Sakura and Syaoran sat just a ways away, even though Sakura had listened when he'd said he'd never wanted to see her again to weeks ago. And Kurogane was sitting upright, though asleep, across the room. Both of his arms were flesh and blood.
 
Within him, his magic buzzed, a constant presence in the back of his head. It was a presence he had missed, if only for the conformability of it being there. His placed one hand on his left eye, watching with a sense of amazement as the shadows flickered around it. He had gotten used to not having his eye, but had never gotten over it's lose.
 
He bit his lip. It was all gone. Sakura, Syoaran, Tomoyo . . . Kurogane. It was all gone. All because Sakura had made a stupid wish. He could never get it back. Tears prickled at his eyes but he refused to cry anymore.
 
The magic in the area, as little as it was, whispered secrets to him, wanting to share with this powerful mage who had suddenly shown. It told him of a fake world and creatures and a man in a cloak holding one of Sakura's feathers. `Seishiro.' He thought. `It can't be. Oto?'
 
He wanted to get up and leave. He wanted to run and never leave. He was afraid. He was alone again. And that hurt more than anything. He brought his knees to his chest and tried to see with only one eye. He couldn't.
 
“Oi, what's wrong with you?” He started, magic flaring up, gathering at the tips of his fingers. But he knew that voice. He looked up slowly, meeting dark red eyes. Kurogane, apparently, was awake. And he had witnessed him about to have a complete emotional breakdown. He was frozen for a minute. He had million reasons to hate this man and only one really mattered. He hated him for the simple fact that he couldn't.