Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ The Gamble ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Gamble
Summary: When Kurogane and Fai are still just children Yuko, Tomoyo, and Ashura take risky gamble.
Characters: Kurogane + Fai D. Flowright.
Rating: K+
Genre: Friendship/Romance
Copyright: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle belongs to Clamp. Any other recognizable media is the property of their respective owners.
Crossovers: xxxHolic- Clamp
Couples: KuroFai
Author's Notes: N/A
Last Time: N/A
“Talking”
`Thinking'
 
Prologue
 
Watanuki was doing his monthly cleanout of Yuko's treasure house when he found it. It was small, crystal blue ball that seemed to emit its own light which flickered and danced, casting a soft glow against the white of his palms. The Seer found his entire attention focused on the sphere and was unable to look away.
 
“Be careful with that Watanuki.” Yuko's voice snapped him from his daze. He looked up, eyeing the witch as she walked forward. He felt Domeki approach behind him. The archer had taken to hanging out at the shop once he had earned to see it. “Is it dangerous?” Watanuki scowled at the other boy. “Of course not! If it was Yuko-san would never have let me touch it.”
 
It's not dangerous. But it's very important. So be very careful with it.” Watanuki blinked and resisted the urge to look at the orb, knowing he'd drown again. “What is it?” Yuko's eyes darkened. “It is all that is left of a gamble me and two others took a long time ago. It was an effort that proved utterly useless.”
 
Maybe it was the look in her eyes, or the tone of her voice, or just his own damn curiosity but something made him ask. “What happened?” Yuko met his eyes slowly. “We tried to change fate and nearly destroyed everything.” Watanuki blinked; Yuko, who always insisted that everything was inevitable, had tried to change fate?
 
Yuko gently took the crystal from his hands. “Do you want to see what happened, Watanuki?” He nodded. The sphere glowed, hovering above Yuko's palm. It suddenly shot into the air. A high-pitched whine filled the air and a blue light exploded outward from the orb. Everything went black.