Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Shooting Star ❯ Happy Endings ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPILOGUE: Happy Endings
 
 
If had been five years since the Cullens—and that included Tessa, Erin, and myself—had moved away from Forks. We were now living in northern Canada.
I sat down at my lap top and pulled up the internet browser. It popped up, fully loaded faster than I could blink.
Nothing but the best for the Cullens.
I decided it was time to tackle my large pile of emails I'd been ignoring, and clicked on the icon. No surprise that there was one from my mother, but the one from Charlie surprised me. I opened that one first.
 
Hey, Bells.
I just decided to check up on you. Are you and Edward doing all right? I haven't heard from you lately, so I was just wondering how everything was.
Love,
Dad
 
I smiled to myself. Short and to the point as always. I clicked reply.
 
hey dad, it's bella.
edward and I r doing great. Srry i hvn't written — i've just been out a lot. i hope ur not getting 2 lonely in Forks all by urself. *grin* Tell Billy hi for me nxt time u c him.
 
I'd heard no news in five years and I didn't dare think of the other name now. I typed a quick “Love, Bella,” and hit send. I sighed and double clicked on the email from my mother.
 
Bella.
You haven't been writing much lately, I'm worried. Is everything going all right up in Canada? You didn't get snowed in, did you? Anyway, how are you and Edward doing? Still no kids? What are you two doing all day, kiddo? I want some grandkids soon! Just kidding. Take your time. I'm proud of you Bella. I wish you would come visit Phoenix more often though; I'm getting kinda lonely since Phil got promoted and is a hot shot major league player now. Tell Esme and Alice I said hi… well, tell everyone I said hi, but them most of all. Planning your wedding was so much fun with them. I know that was a long time ago, but I just had so much fun! Well, I'll let you get on with your day.
Love you, Bella!
Lots of Love,
Mom
Renee was exhausting sometimes. The kids part struck a chord. Edward and I would never have children, but it was a small price to pay for eternity with each other. I sighed and clicked the “Save as New” button. I'd write back later.
To my surprise, I found an email in my mailbox with Angela's email address. We'd emailed back and forth for a while after high school, but they had dribbled down to little more than Merry Christmas emails, so I wondered why she would be writing me now. It was May. I opened it.
 
hey, bella,
we hvn't talked in a while, but i've got sum gr8 news. ben and i are getting married! isn't that gr8! u'll get an official invitation in the mail soon, but i just wanted 2 give u a heads up.
Oh and how are you and edward doing? best wishes 2 u both!
Angela
“Checking your email?” A silky voice asked from behind me, and I felt a hand on my shoulder.
“Yup.”
“Angela?” He asked in surprise as his eyes quickly scanned the screen.
“She and Ben are getting married. Can we go?” Angela had been one of my best friends through the whole difficult period the fall of my senior year.
“If you think you're ready for that.” In my lifetime as a vampire, my record was as clean as Carlisle's. I had not taken a single human life. In fact, I was disgusted by the idea so much, that every time I felt the venom spring up in my throat when I looked at a human, it made me nauseous.
“Of course I'm ready.”
“Depends on where they're having the wedding, though,” Edward murmured. I nodded and typed a quick reply and sent it. There was another email from my mother, and I didn't even bother to open it. Edward sighed.
“I'll leave you to your social life,” he smirked. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked back at the screen. I felt lips give me a swift kiss on the cheek “Love you,” he whispered, and I shivered.
“Love you too.” I smiled warmly at him before turning back to the computer. I was alone now, and I scrolled through the rest of my emails. Junk mail…advertisements…another email from my mother…
I stopped. There was an email with an address I didn't recognize.
spaceheater13@mail.com... (no subject)
Space heater? I wondered to myself. I clicked open the email. The words took my breath away.
 
Hey, Bells.
i know this is probly a shock, but dn't freak, k? It's Jacob.
 
My eyes seemed stuck on those two words, refusing to let me read on. After five years… I finally wrenched my eyes away and read more.
 
U said email wuz fine as long as its big news, well i've got some big news. Long story short, Sam Quil Embry and i were visiting the Makah reservation the other day, and, well…
 
It was like my body sensed it coming. I stiffened in my chair.
 
Well, nxt time ur down around forks, there's sum1 i wnt u 2 meet. i think you'll like her.
 
My first reaction was pain—pain that Jacob had moved on. But then it easily subsided into relief and happiness. Jacob had found her…his trump to a soul mate. I would have to find an excuse to come down around Forks to meet this girl of his.
Like I'd said once, I probably wouldn't think she was good enough for him. But I would like to see what kind of girl it was he ended up imprinting on.
I had found my happy ending.
And after the seven years of hell I'd put him through, Jacob had finally found his. I felt so happy for Jacob. Like his joy was spilling into me the way his pain always had. I couldn't keep the corners of my lips from pulling back into a brilliant smile.
I quickly signed off and flipped the lap top shut.
Almost everyone had found some kind of happy ending. Maybe it's not the fairy tale they expected, but most of their stories had magic to help it along.
Me and Edward.
Jacob and the girl he'd imprinted on who I had yet to meet.
Sam and Emily, and all the other werewolves.
The rest of the Cullens.
Everyone had found their version of a happy ending.
And then the ordinary kinds of happy endings—the ones that happened without the aid of a pinch of fairy dust.
Angela and Ben.
Renee and Phil
I couldn't help wonder about the others… like whatever happened to Mike Newton, or Tyler Crowley. Whatever happened to Austin Marks, or Jessica Stanley? Had they gotten their happy endings?
And what about Tanya? Surely she deserved a happy ending as much as the rest of them? Would she find it someday?
All I could do now was wonder, and hope for the best.
All I could do now was guess, and hope the sun was shining today so Edward and I could go lie in the sun together and watch the rainbows our skin threw into the peaceful spring air.
I walked up the stairs feeling a bit strange.
“Done already?” I looked up. Edward was leaning against the stair railing. I shrugged.
“I'll finish later.”
“Sounds good.” I sighed as I felt the tension I hadn't realized was building up in me released as he slid his fingers though mine.
And although it was a bit cliché, I whispered under my breath:
“And they all lived happily ever after.”
Edward gave me a strange look and I giggled before pressing my lips softly against the ones belonging to my very own happy ending.
 
 
The End
 
 
 
Thank you everyone for reading my version of Breaking Dawn! It took me exactly…*looking at file dates* about two months to finish this. It is 175 pages in Microsoft Word in 14 pt font. GO ME!
Guess what? I finished this on AUGUST 1ST about three hours before going to the release party.
I DID IT GUYS! I FINISHED IT BEFORE THE BOOK CAME OUT! God, I was writing like a chapter a day and I was dying, but I got it done!
Once again I don't own any of the character. They belong to Stephenie Meyer. The only profit I am making off this story is to have all these ideas stop pinging around inside my skull at three in the morning.
I can't wait to read Breaking Dawn tonight!!!!!!!!!!