Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ A Night before Christmas ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Night before Christmas

Juri smiled, ushering out the last few customers out for the night. She locked the door, then joined the others in cleaning up for the evening. She helped Excel, Hyatt, Keiko and May in clearing the tables and stacking up the chairs.

Walking by the bar Juri noticed some half full glasses, so she dumped those in the sink. Collecting bottles and cans was pretty easy, so Hyatt got that job. Juri joined Minagi at the sink to wash glasses, as Ryouko wasn't delicate enough to do it. Personally, Juri thought that Ryouko just broke the plates intentionally, but it didn't bother her.

Sasami stepped out to announce that the kitchen was locked up for the night, so Juri quickly dried her hands to make her announcement. She got Nabiki from the office with the envelopes and them met everyone at the door.

"We've had a good six months since we opened," Juri smiled, "good enough that I think bonuses are justified." She passed an envelope to each of them, and had to fight a smile at the looks on their faces.

Ryouko whistled softly, "Thanks, boss!" She seemed to sum up the feelings of them all, as they all tried to thank Juri at the same time.

"Now that I've buttered you up," Juri chuckled, "here's the schedule. I plan on opening on Christmas eve, but Chirstmas day will be closed. The 26th will be our staff party, and you're all welcome to bring anyone you want, men included."

"Anything special planned for Christmas eve?" May asked curiously.

"I'd like to give out gifts from the Locket," Juri admitted, "to every customer. But I've never been very good at buying gifts. Who'd like to help?" she asked them hopefully.

Minagi waved her hand first, then Ryouko reluctantly did. Sasami volunteered eagerly, as well as Excel and Hyatt. By the end, everybody had volunteered, and a relieved Juri handed another set of envelopes out.

"You still have to shop, too," Keiko said, giving Juri a scolding look.

"Ok, Ok," Juri said, waving her hands in defense. "Try not to go over $10 a gift," she added, "you've each got $200, so it should go far."

Nabiki smiled, rubbing her hands together, "This is going to be fun!"

The doors were locked, and they all split up for the night. And a day's Christmas shopping, too. Juri smiled, walking home as she considered what to get the staff. She wanted to give them each a gift, as well as the bonus.



Nabiki Tendo smiled as she walked down the street, the money in her pocket. Some people thought she was cheap, but that was only with her own money. Other people's money, she had no problem spending!

Nabiki walked by the shop absentmindedly, then stopped cold. She walked back, looking up at it curiously, then started to laugh. She ducked inside quickly, and several scruffy men quickly left. Several minutes passed, then Nabiki came out hauling several large bags of goods. She passed the shop's sign as she walked away, "Adult Toys and Novelties."



Ryouko carefully picked and chose, pushing her cart up and down the aisles. Bottles of different styles and sizes built up, each one having been tried before and determined to be good.

The teller's eyes were wide as Ryouko pushed the cart full of booze up to her till. "Will that be cash or credit?" she asked faintly.

Ryouko grinned, "Cash."



Hyatt and Excel rampaged from store to store, selecting items based on several qualities but mostly for their pure kawaii-ness.

"This is so cute!" Excel squealed, picking up the Sailor V doll.

"Sempai?" Hyatt blushed, holding something else up for examination: panties, with a cute Sailor V blowing kisses and hearts on them.

"We've got to buy that!" Excel sighed. She chuckled, "I wonder if any of the senshi wear ones like that?"



Sasami and Minagi looked into their half full shopping cart doubtfully. "Are you sure we should just get cooking stuff?" Sasami asked. She'd like it, but still.

"You're probably right," Minagi admitted. They pushed the cart along, then Minagi's eyes lit up at the T-shirt shop. "Look at that," she chuckled.

Sasami read some of the naughty slogans and blushed. "Are you sure Juri would approve?" she asked. One had a nearly naked lady, and read, 'Santa, I've been good, very good!'

"No," Minagi laughed softly, "but I think that's kind of the point." They went in the shop together, chuckling evily.



May carefully selected from each aisle, putting the boxes of chocolates together with the utmost care. She selected flavors and fillings to balance each other, while the shop attendants watched her in awe. Clearly, they were in the presence of a master.

"You wouldn't want a job, would you?" the girl wrapping the boxes of candy asked.

"Sorry," May shrugged, smiling at her sweetly to soften the blow.



Keiko smiled, stacking up the manga's carefully. "Ragnarock City, Chirality, Rose of Versailles, Miyuki-chan, X, ... hmmm..." she said thoughtfully. She kept piling, eventually getting together all the titles she could find that were even mildly shoujo-ai.

"Anything you'd recommend?" Keiko asked the shop girl.

She looked at the pile in awe. "Clockwork Angels," she suggested, "and the Kat and Neko manga from the west, maybe."

"I'll grab those, too," Keiko smiled.



Juri browsed through her cart, checking to see if all the gifts were ready. She had wrapped everything for the staff, while also buying her share of gifts for the patrons. She nearly bumped into someone, and quickly apologized.

Setsuna looked into the cart in surprise, holding the hand of a somewhat younger, dark hared girl. "Finishing your Christmas shopping at the last minute?" Setsuna asked.

"Something like that," Juri smiled. The girl was looking in the shopping cart in longing, especially at the plushie of Chibi-Moon. Juri chuckled as she pulled it out and handed it to her.

"You shouldn't," Setsuna started to say, but she noticed how her companion held the doll with hearts in her eyes.

Juri said quietly, "You're not getting that away from her unless you use force, I think."

Setsuna nodded, "I guess your right." She smiled, "I'm forgetting my manners. Arisugawa Juri, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Hotaru."

"Daughter?" Juri echoed, surprised.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Setsuna and Hotaru are from Sailor Moon.