Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Afternoon, December Thirty-first ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Afternoon, December Thirty-first

"I just wanted to personally come in to say thank you," Juri smiled at the police officer with a smile. "I understand that some undercover officers from your unit were instrumental in stopping the gaybashings," she said.

Juri smiled to herself as she left the office, 'Not that we couldn't have handled it ourselves. Still, I was pleasantly surprised that the police got involved.' She walked like she owned the place, her long black coat nearly sweeping the ground.

"Juri?" a pleasant female voice asked, sounding somewhat surprised to see her.

Juri turned to see a tall, brown hared woman looking over at her in surprise, her police uniform stylish and neat on her lean body. She walked over to Juri with a unconscious grace, almost perfectly feminine. "Aoi," Juri smiled, offering her hand.

"It's good to see you," Aoi smiled. She looked at her curiously, "So what are you doing here, anyway?"

"Came by to thank the force for dealing with the gaybashings so quickly," Juri smiled at Aoi, and noticed a quickly suppressed amusement. "They were happening near my club, so I was a bit concerned," she shrugged.

"I heard about your new club, the Locket," Aoi smiled. She paused, "I thought about stopping in, but I wasn't sure I'd be welcome."

"I think we could make an special exception in your case," Juri chuckled. She looked over at her curiously as they walked together towards the main entrance, "Have you had any luck finding a girlfriend?"

"Actually, yes," Aoi admitted with a smile. As Juri was leaving Aoi added, "Maybe I'll bring her with me."

Juri shook her head with honest admiration as she climbed into her car. Aoi Futaba was probably the best cross dresser Juri had ever met, she had even managed to fool Juri. It wasn't until they were back at Juri's apartment that Juri had actually realized that Aoi was really a he!

Once they both figured out what the situation was, they had decided to get drunk together, lamenting the many difficulties of finding a girlfriend. Both of them were badly hung over the next morning, but Aoi had to get to work. Juri drove her there in her sport's car, and the looks on the police officer's faces had been priceless.

Juri shook her head, concentrating on the road ahead. She had other things to think about, like the looming New Year's party. The karaoke stage was set up, drinks were ordered, and they had enough party favors even if they went beyond capacity.

'I wonder if Setsuna's coming?' suddenly popped up in Juri's mind.



"So does Juri have a date for tonight?" Ryouko asked the others as they all rushed to get things ready.

"Not sure," Keiko admitted. She carefully carried the clean tablecloths over, before May helped her place them on each table. The two exchanged a smile, stopping for a moment to look into each other's eyes.

"Too bad we couldn't have gotten Juri and Setsuna under the mistletoe together on Christmas Eve," Ayeka sighed. She smilingly helped Ryouko carry the cases of beer up to the fridge, the two making a game of the work.

"Neither one's really the maneuvering type," Excel chuckled softly.

"You've got a point," Minagi smiled. "Juri and Setsuna both strike me as the strong willed type," she noted.

"I guess we'll just have to see what happens," Nabiki said, working on the books kind of absentmindedly. She seemed distracted, but a smile tugged at her lips.

'Guess thing's went well with her family,' Hitomi thought. Personally, she had spent her Christmas night back on Gaea, introducing Milerna to the concept. She blushed faintly, remembering Milerna's gift to her. "So do you think we should be trying to matchmake?" she finally broached the question to the others.

Bones shook her head, "Bad idea!"

Ryouko shrugged, "She's got a point. Besides, I don't think Juri would much appreciate us messing around with her love life."

"And how would we do that, anyway?" Minagi smiled, adding, "Short of locking them in a room together, anyway."

"They'd just bust out," Sasami chuckled softly, obviously amused by the mental image that conjured up.

Quiet laughter spread around the room, even as the front door opened up and Juri walked in. "What's so funny?" she asked, eyebrow raised.

Everyone exchanged looks, trying to come up with something. "Long story," Sasami finally just smiled and shrugged.

Juri looked around the room, then decided that she just didn't really want to know. "How are we doing?" she asked.

"Just about all set," Ryouko smiled.

"That's good," Juri smiled, and headed towards the stairs. She paused, "Nabiki, could I talk to you a moment?"

Juri unlocked her door, then sat down at her desk with a sigh. She was going to be on her feet a lot tonight, even if she was looking forward to it. Nabiki knocked, then she pushed the door open to smile over at Juri.

"Grab a seat," Juri smiled at her. Once Nabiki was comfortable, she asked her quietly, "How did things go?"

Nabiki sighed softly, "It was a bit uncomfortable at first. I'm not sure if father had quite thought out what he was going to say or do."

Juri got up during a pause, pouring a glass of liquor for Nabiki, who drank it gratefully. "He actually apologized," Nabiki said softly.

"I'm glad," Juri smiled.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Bones is from www.coolcatstudio.com. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Aoi Futaba is from You're Under Arrest, Setsuna is from Sailor Moon, and Ayeka is from Tenchi Muyo.

Note: The gaybashings comment refers to You're Under Arrest:Friends and Lovers, also by me.