Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Late Nights ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Late Nights

For a certain class of customer, Juri decided to open the Locket a little later. It wasn't that some of them couldn't just come in earlier, but it was a bit more comfortable to come in at night. Of course, that also made things a bit more... interesting.

The pale blond in the blue army uniform smiled, and Bones smiled back at her tentatively. She had found out how strong she was personally, and was quite careful not to cross her. "Good evening," she smiled, and pulled the door open. The girl was nearly a head shorter than her, but when those red eyes met her's Bones felt a chill.

She nodded to Hitomi, and made her way through the thinning crowds of the late evening to the bar, where Minagi smiled at her. "Hi, Victoria," she said.

Victoria Ceras climbed up on a stool, giving her a smile. Without asking a small glass of something deep red was sat before her. "Thanks," Victoria smiled, and tossed it back smoothly. She set it down, and from a old fashioned wine bottle Minagi refilled it.

"A few of the others were in tonight," Minagi said conversationally. "Miyu, Seya, and I think I saw Susan and Death around, though with them it's hard to tell," she shrugged.

"Remind me to stay out of Seya's way," Victoria said quietly, "she's just a little too intense for my tastes."

"Speaking of intense," Ryouko ambled over, "do either of you know that intense white hared girl sitting over there?"

Victoria turned in her seat, and her eyes widened, "Integra..."

"You know her?" Ryouko asked. "I've seen her in a few times talking to the boss, but other than that she doesn't mix much," she reported.

"She's my boss," Victoria said softly.

Minagi saw the girl go pale, well, paler, anyway, and hastened to reassure her, "Juri's been keeping an eye on her, and if she wasn't sure of her, she wouldn't still be coming here."

"Why don't you go over and say hi?" Ryouko suggested.

Victoria's scarlet eyes got wide, "That's easy for you to say." She shook her head, "She's as tough as they come, nothing scares her and she never runs from anything."

"Well, good evening, Victoria," Juri nodded and smiled at her. She rummaged around in the bar a moment before grabbing a bottle of whisky and a clean glass, then she headed straight for where Integra was sitting.

"Whisky, neat, right?" Juri asked as she reached Integra's seat. The white hared woman looked up and nodded, so Juri poured, before taking a seat across from her.

The light glinted off her glasses as Integra tipped her head back and downed it all. She shuddered, visibly, then relaxed just a bit. "Thanks," she said quietly, and Juri topped her drink up. She reached into her dress coat, drawing a thin cigar out and lighting it. She drew on it deeply, "How is it that a Japanese bar can be accessed in the middle of Britain?"

"Trade secret," Juri shrugged. In fact, she couldn't explain how Washu had managed it even if she tried. She looked over at Integra Hellsing thoughtfully, this aristocratic young lady who held herself in such iron control. It had taken two or three visits before she would even begin to drink, and Juri rather suspected that she had the place fully checked out before hand.

"In other words, you can't explain it either," Integra said perceptively.

Juri had to smile at that. "So how are your romantic prospects going?" she asked. Talking to her last time, Integra had hinted that there was someone she was interested in, but then she just clammed up on the subject.

"They're not," Integra said, taking another drink. She hesitated a moment, then, "She doesn't even know I'm attracted, hopefully."

Juri's eyebrows shot up at that. "Why hopefully?" she asked.

"Because she's an officer under my comand," Integra explained patiently, "and therefore I can not risk becoming involved with her."

"So you remain celibate," Juri made it a statement, not a question.

Integra nodded, her expression carefully bland. Juri shifted over slightly, the crowd parted, and her eyes widened as her face grew pale. "Victoria," she whispered softly.

"You know her?" Juri said, surprised.

"I've got to get out of here, right now," Integra blurted, rising from her seat.

Juri grabbed her arm, restaining her carefully as she said, "If you bolt, you'll draw even more attention to yourself."

A fierce look passed Integra's face, but at Juri's urging she sat down. She reflexedly tidied her suit, making sure it sat on her neatly. "I need," she said coldly, "to leave immediately."

"If you really need to, I'll help," Juri said, obviously confused by what had shaken the normally controlled young woman so badly. Then her eyes widened, and a little smile teased Juri's lips. "She's the one, isn't she?" Juri asked.

Integra opened her mouth to protest, then shut it, realizing there was no point. "Yes," she admitted quietly, "though I'd prefer if you keep your voice down, please. Let's not let the whole bar know about it."

Then the decision was taken out of her hands. Integra saw Victoria get up from the bar, nodding to the twins behind the bar, then she began to walk to her table. Integra sat froizen, those red eyes growing closer and closer until she was standing there by the table.

"Good evening, sir," Victoria said to her respectfully.

"Victoria," Integra started to say, when Juri smoothly stood up. Integra's eyes silently pleaded with her, 'Don't go!'

But Juri just smiled, "You'll have to excuse me, but duty calls." She strode off, but as soon as Juri had a chance she looked backwards. Victoria had sat down by Integra, and they looked like they were talking.

The dark hared woman looked deeply uncomfortable, sipping at her drink. She was beautiful, but there was something odd about it. Something primal, almost animalistic seemed to hang about her, gorgeous but deadly.

"Jun," her young friend smiled at her, "would you please relax?"

"Kasumi," Jun was blushing, "how did you learn about this place, anyway?"

"Why, your friend told be," Kasumi smiled cheerfully.

Jun looked around them wildly, and saw a blonde gazing at her steadily. A small smile tugged at her lips as she raised her glass in a toast.

"Asuka," Jun whispered, blushing brightly.

Saya kept to the shadows, watching the crowd silently. "Can I get you anything?" Hyatt asked, before flopping over backwards.

Saya actually sweatdropped, but noticed that the girl was still looking up at her attentatively. "Some Japanese O+ please," she managed.

"Hai," Hyatt said weakly, and slithered along the floor to the bar.

Saya shook her head. She hunted vampires, but occasionally the people she encountered here were even stranger. Not that she minded...

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Bones is from www.coolcatstudio.com. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Victoria Ceras and Integra Hellsing are from the series Hellsing, Jun, Asuka and Kasumi are from Devilman Lady, and finally Seya is from Blood the Last Vampire.