Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Dinner and Dancing ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dinner and Dancing

Two girls dressed up in school uniforms are up on the stage, singing with Ami Mizuno and Rei Hino backing them up on a pair of keyboards.

"All the things you said, all the things you said, running thorough my head, running through my head, running through my head,"

"How did Juri talk them into performing here, anyway?" Minagi asked, wiping out a glass smoothly before replacing it in it's rack.

"Their agent's trying to boost their credibility," Nabiki shrugged. A slight smile, "And Juri's Aunt may have owned a substantial amount of stock in the record company, too."

"So where is Juri tonight, anyway?" Ryouko asked Nabiki curiously. It was pretty rare for Juri not to be here when the Locket was open.

"Out having dinner with Setsuna," Nabiki said, keeping an eye on the crowd.

"What?" Excel squealed.



Setsuna smiled, meeting Juri at the door. The duelist was dressed in one of her long leather jackets, black pants, and a partially unbuttoned white shirt. "Right on time," Setsuna chuckled.

"I never keep a lady waiting," Juri bowed. Setsuna looked especially good tonight, the red dress she had chosen hugging her form nicely. as they walked towards Juri's car she said, "We can do one of two things. I've made tentative reservations at a restaurant, or we can do something a bit more... unusual."

Juri opened the passenger's door and Setsuna gracefully sat down. She looked at Juri thoughtfully. "How unusual?" she asked.

Juri slid into the driver's seat, "Very unusual."

With a little smile Setsuna said, "I eat at restaurants all the time anyway."

They drove to the edge of town, and when they got out Juri opened up the trunk and pulled out a large picnic basket with blanket. "Follow me," Juri smiled.

"A picnic isn't all that unusual," Setsuna noted.

"It is where we're going," Juri said mysteriously. They walked until they stood on an open space overlooking the city. Juri smiled and said, "Take hold of my arm."

Setsuna watched as Juri took a large, red stone out of her pocket. It glowed faintly, pulsing with the beat of a heart. Juri raised it above them, and light began to build up all around them, glowing brighter and brighter.

A pathway of light shot into the sky, and they were gone....

... only to reappear, somewhere else. Setsuna had her transformation wand in hand, looking around cautiously, when Juri smiled and lay a hand gently on her arm.

"Welcome to Gaea," Juri said.



The two young women were sitting at a table, looking around them curiously. "Sempai, do you really think Vash might be a woman?" the taller, brown haired girl asked. She wore a feminine dress, and tried to look smaller, but it really wasn't working very well.

"I don't know, Milly," the shorter, dark hared woman answered. "That was one of the rumors we heard but," Meryl sighed, "I just don't know."

Hyatt suddenly came up from the floor beside them, and Milly nearly jumped out of her seat in surprise. "What can I get you folks?" she said faintly.

Both young women looked at her oddly. "Do you have sundaes?" Meryl asked.

"Please," Milly chimed in.

Hyatt took the orders, fell to the floor, and snake crawled her way through the crowd. "What kind of place is this?" Meryl said, watching this and sweatdropping.



Juri raised her glass of wine, "So what do you think?"

"You certainly take a girl on an interesting date," Setsuna smiled. They ate not far from an abandoned fortress, and nearby there was a small village. The residents all seemed to know Juri, keeping a respectful distance and offering friendly waves.

Noticing Setsuna's curious gaze Juri explained, "The last time I was here, I helped rescue the village from a monster." She took a drink, "To be honest, I was as bit nervous asking you out."

Setsuna raised an eyebrow, "I'm surprised." She raised her own glass, "You've certainly managed to impress me time and again."

A faint blush appeared on Juri's cheeks. "Thanks," she smiled. Juri paused, looking a bit uncomfortable, "When you scanned me as Sailor Pluto, it sort of worked both ways." Setsuna looked at her oddly, and Juri smiled, "Nothing private, but I got a sense of what you are."

Setsuna actually looked nervous, "And what would that be?"

"The beautiful, timeless warrior of another age," Juri smiled at her. She grinned suddenly, "How am I supposed to try and measure up to that?"

"You don't have to," Setsuna said, gently placing her hand on Juri's. "You're still growing, still becoming what you'll one day be," she said, then she suddenly smiled as she added, "Trust me, it will be glorious."

"I'll take you word for it," Juri said. Sounding almost like a schoolboy, "I'd be honored if you'd go out with me again."

Setsuna made a frustrated noise in the back of her throat, "You are so clueless."

"What?" Juri looked startled.

Setsuna leaned across the blanket and kissed her, firmly.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Minagi and Ryouko are from the series Tenchi Muyo. And finally Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2

Out Cast This Episode: The band playing is Tatu. Ami, Rei and Setsuna are from Sailor Moon. Milly and Meryl are from Trigun (Ep. 1-4, their clueless stage).