Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Mysteries and Revelations ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mysteries and Revelation

Aoi Futaba gazed with a troubled expression on her face at the quiet couple sitting together at a table not far from where she and Yoriko were sitting. Finally, she asked Yoriko, "Do you see what I'm seeing?"

Yoriko looked over at them casually, "Well, The blonde's way too old for the black haired girl..." she started to say, then she frowned. "Are they both carrying concealed?" she turned to say worriedly to Aoi.

"Looks like it," the taller woman nodded. Aoi sighed softly, "I'd better tell Juri." She got up, and looked around for the bar's owner.

Juri was sipping a glass of ginger-ale when she heard from behind her, "How was the second date with Setsuna?"

Aoi smirked at Juri, waiting for an answer. "It was pretty good," Juri sighed, "until Setsuna was called away by an emergency." Juri added to herself silently, 'A Senshi emergency.'

Aoi patted her on the shoulder. "I hate to bring a problem to your attention," she said to Juri quietly, "but I think that couple in the corner are armed."

Juri looked up to see them talking quietly, and nodded. "I'll handle it," she smiled at Aoi.

"Thanks," Aoi smiled as Juri headed off.

Excel smiled at the blonde cheerfully, "What can I get you?" A hand was placed on her shoulder, and Juri smiled down at her comfortingly.

"Why don't you come back later," Juri made it a order, not a question.

Excel left, and Juri smoothly pulled a chair out, sitting down by the two women. The dark haired woman looked quite young, but there was something in her eyes that spoke of a great deal of experience. A similar something was in the blonde's eyes, but mixed with a great deal of cynicism.

"My name's Arisugawa Juri," she smiled, "welcome to the Locket."

The blonde and dark haired girl exchanged a significant glance, and the blonde smiled at Juri smoothly, "Mireille."

"Kirika," the other said softly.

"There's a rule in the Locket you might be unaware of," Juri said pleasantly, "we prefer that the customers be unarmed." A pleasant smile, "Could you please surrender your weapons? They'll be returned when you leave."

Juri tensed, readying herself for their reaction. If they tried something, they'd probably get in at least one good shot at her before she could get away. Or try to strike back.

Mireille looked up to meet Juri's eyes, "Can you guarantee our safety?"

"If someone comes after any of my customers," Juri chose her words carefully, "they have to go through me first."

Kirika met her eyes, weighing her words. Then from under her skirt she produced her gun, laying it on the table. Mireille hesitated a moment, then she followed the other girl's lead.

"Can I serve them now?" Excel popped up, startling them all.

"Don't do that!" Mireille gasped, clutching at her chest, even as Kirika smiled slightly.

Juri carefully collected the guns, "They'll be at the bar with Ryouko and Minagi when you're ready to go."

Nabiki found herself gazing across the table at the redhead thoughtfully. "You're a professional exorcist?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

Nabiki had been minding her own business when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She turned to see the woman she had danced with on Valentine's Day, inviting her to join her for a drink. Against her better judgment, she agreed.

Ayeka Kisaragi smiled back, "Yes. I... work for the Phantom Quest Corporation, along side several other supernatural types."

Nabiki smiled, "And I thought it was unusual being in a family of martial artists."

Ayeka raised her own eyebrow, pushing her long hair back as she said, "The Anything Goes School of Martial Arts, right?"

Nabiki blinked, "How did you know?"

"The Tendo name," Ayeka shrugged.

Victoria adjusted the microphone nervously while muttering under her breath, "I can't believe that I let you talk me into this." Integra was looking on with an impish smile on her face, so she began looking through the selections, until she slowly smiled. She hit a few switches, and the music started.

"I died, too many years ago, But you can make me feel, Like it isn't so, Why you come to be with me, I think I finally know,"

With a flick of a switch, she was able to jump ahead to the chorus, smiling a bit devilishly down at Integra,

"Let me rest in peace, Let me get some sleep, Let me take my love and bury it in a hole six foot deep, I can lay my body down, But I can't find my sweet release, So let me rest in peace!"

Victoria stepped down from the stage, and walked over to where Integra was sitting, looking up at her thoughtfully. "Did you pick out that song intentionally?" Integra asked her softly.

May hurried by, wishing she could stick around to hear the answer. She, Keiko, Excel and Hyatt were all on duty tonight, but they were barely keeping up. A dark haired figure smiled, waving to her, and she stepped up to take their orders.

"The special, please," Sylia Stingray smiled.

"I'll have what she's having," Linna blushed, pushing her brown hair back from her face. Quietly, she asked Sylia, "How did you hear about this place?"

A grin, and Sylia answered, "I know Juri. Not to mention that Priss is a regular."

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi and Ryouko are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Aoi and Yoriko are from You're Under Arrest. Setsuna is from Sailor Moon. Kirika and Mireille are from Noir. Ayeka Kisaragi is from Phantom Quest Corporation. Victoria and Integra are from Hellsing. And Finally, Sylia Stingray and Linna are from original Bubblegum Crisis.

The Victoria and Integra scene is from my Hellsing fic, Three Nights. Sylia and Linna are from my Bubblegum Crisis fic Red Eyes, Crying Eyes.