Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Endless Loop ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Endless Loop

Juri leapt, her sword blazing orange as she swept it down the creature's body. It flared a moment, frozen, then crumbled to dust. "How many more?" she asked, bringing her sword back up in guard position.

"Dead Scream!" Sailor Pluto cried, a bolt of purple energy soaring by Juri to blast another monster to atoms. She looked around them thoughtfully, "I'd say that's it."

Juri let her sword disappear, walking over to stand beside Sailor Pluto. The Senshi looked a bit nervous, "I'm sorry about this interrupting our dinner," she started.

Juri laughed, then she surprised Pluto with a gentle kiss. "You certainly take a girl on an interesting date," she chuckled. She looked thoughtful, "I wonder how things are going over at the 'Locket?"

Back at the 'Locket, Katsumi Liqueur took the microphone in hand, an odd little smile on her face. The dark haired woman picked out her selection, and sang. Her soft voice filled the Locket, carrying along with it an odd kind of longing.

"Tempted by sweet poison, Committing passionate sins...

Kiddy Phenil looked up at her oddly. She still didn't know how Katsumi even knew about this place, much less why she decided to invite her along. Still, she certainly could sing!

"Interesting place, hm?" Katsumi smiled, stepping down from the stage and joining her at the table. She fought back a laugh at the look on her friend's face.

"I'm surprised you even know about a place like this," Kiddy laughed. She looked over at Katsumi, "Does Roy know?"

"Let's just say," Katsumi chose her words carefully, "that I had a life before I met Roy, and some of that life was in places like these."

"Sorry," Kiddy blushed.

Katsumi cautiously placed her hand over hers, "It's all right." She looked around and waved, calling a waitress over.

The dark haired girl smiled at them cheerfully, "My name is Mahoro, and I'll be serving you tonight. Do you want to place an order?"

Katsumi raised an eyebrow, "Where is May tonight?"

Mahoro bent over to whisper, "She and Keiko have the day off. I've heard they might be moving in together."

"Well, it's about time," Katsumi smiled.

Kiddy looked back and forth between Katsumi and Mahoro. Softly to Katsumi, "You sure know all the gossip." Katsumi just grinned.

Over by the entrance, Hitomi was smiling cheerfully, "Welcome back, Utena."

Utena smiled, pushing her pink hair back a bit self-consciously. "Have you seen Anthy come in yet?" she asked.

"Not yet," Hitomi smiled.

Utena gracefully made her way through the crowd, watching the interactions between the ladies. Friends, lovers, even the worst of enemies met here in the Locket, putting their disputes aside within these four walls.

She gave Ryouko a wave, "My regular."

The former space pirate appeared in front of her, the bottle of sake in hand. She poured the first drink even as she asked Utena, "How's it going?"

"Not bad," Utena smiled, taking a careful drink. She looked around curiously, "So did Nabiki's friend show up again?"

"Oh, yeah," Ryouko nodded to a corner, where Nabiki and Ayeka Kisaragi were swaying gently together to a slow song.

"Utena," she heard, and Anthy slid up beside her, looping her arm in Utena's.

Sasami busted about the large kitchen, humming happily as she supervised the other cooks. Each handled their own department with skill, but she kept an eye out anyway.

Ukyo smiled, flipping the burgers, "Thanks for the part time job."

Sasami laughed, "I needed the help, honestly."

"Shampoo like this kitchen," the busty martial artist added, looking intently at Ukyo.

The boyish cook blushed under her gaze.

Excel bustled in, "Twelve Ramen for table six!"

Sasami raised her eyebrows. "Lina and Naga are here again?' she asked. Excel just nodded mournfully. "We'll have it read as soon as possible," Sasami promised.

Minagi stepped inside to draw Sasami aside for a moment. They kissed gently, until the cooks singing the 'kissing song' caused them to separate.

"See you tonight," Minagi grinned, slipping outside.

"I'm sorry I missed you," Minagi heard the bust redhead murmur to Nabiki, as the two young women danced. She was tempted to stay, but decided not to.

"Me, too," Nabiki admitted. She was a bit surprised to find herself saying that. She really liked the redheaded miko, even though she barely knew her.

Ayeka Kisaragi smiled, wrapping her arms around Nabiki's neck. "I'm glad to hear that," she murmured, and gently kissed her on the cheek. She drew back, seeing a wide smile on Nabiki's face. "Did you like that?" she chuckled.

"Oh, yes," Nabiki laughed. "Would you like," she asked softly, leading the gorgeous young woman in the dance, "to go out to dinner with me?"

Ayeka's eyes widened a bit, then she smiled slightly, "I'll have to check my calendar, but I think I'm free."

Ayeka shivered, feeling Nabiki's breath brush against her ear. "Dress up nice, then." Nabiki whispered, "because we'll be going out in style."

"I'm honored," and Ayeka kissed her on the lips.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Mahoro is from Mahoromatic. Hitomi is from Escaflowne the Movie. Excel is from Excel Saga. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Setsuna/Sailor Pluto is from Sailor Moon. Katsumi Liqueur and Kiddy Phenil are from Silent Mobius. Utena and Anthy are from Rev. Girl Utena. Shampoo and Ukyo are from Ranma 1/2. Lina and Naga are from Slayers. And finally, Ayeka Kisaragi is from Phantom Quest Corporation.

Katsumi Liqueur was singing from the opening theme of Silent Mobius TV.