Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Akuma to Tenshi: Devil and Angel ( Chapter 37 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Akuma to Tenshi: Devil and Angel

Mara was up on the karaoke stage, singing in a duet with Urd. The two women sang pretty well together, their voices blending quite neatly, but there was an undercurrent of sorrow, too. It was almost as if both of them knew that what they had, it just couldn't last.

"What is the world coming to, with a devil kissing an angel?
A kiss that rips open the heart, manipulates gentleness.

But if you can hold on to something,
Go on outside, it'll be OK!"

Mara sang the first bit on her own, then Urd joined her with singing the chorus.

"Scream 'Love' to someone in your own way,
Swear 'peace' to someone, that is bravery!"

They left the stage together, holding hands. "Interesting choice of song," Mara said, looking admiringly at the white haired goddess who walked at her side.

Urd smiled a bit sadly, gesturing Mara to a seat at their table. She smiled over at the brown haired demoness, "My... superiors have found out about us."

Mara's hand hesitated, then she continued to raise her glass to her lips. A long pull of her sake, then, "Mine have, as well."

Softly, Urd said, "I'll renounce my godhood."

"No," Mara blurted out. Her eyes were dark as she continued, "You'd miss your sisters too much, you know that!"

"I won't lose you," Urd said softly, her voice intense.

"I'm already lost," Mara said softly back. She squeezed Urd's hand, "You know that, even if you're not willing to admit it."

"It's so damn unfair," Urd muttered softly, her shoulders slumping.

"I know," Mara agreed.

They sat there quietly for a few moments. They had known each other for years, since they were kids, but it wasn't until Urd had nearly died that they had finally admitted to each other their deeper feelings. The rules, however, were absolute: a love affair between an Goddess and Demon was absolutely forbidden.

Mara smiled slightly, nodding to the stairs that lead to the suites for rent upstairs. "Do you want to, one more time?" she asked.

Urd smiled back, a few tears glittering in her eyes, "All right."

Juri shook her head sadly, watching the two of them go upstairs. It was obvious that something was wrong between them, but what, exactly, she didn't know. She leaned up against the bar, keeping an eye on the goings on in the locket.

A redheaded vampire leaned up against the bar, drinking a glass of blood and rum. Her eyes were dark, deeply pained somehow, a long black leather coat draped over her shoulders and covering a leather fetish dress underneath.

Juri's eyes widened as she recognized the vampire Willow, "Oh hell, not her again."

Ryouko smiled, "Actually, she hasn't caused any trouble tonight. Why, I don't know, but..." The bartender shrugged eloquently.

Juri hesitated, but the lady seemed almost as if she was in pain. She moved over to Willow's side, "Anything I can do?"

With a surprisingly gentle smile Willow said, "Sorry, not much." She raised her glass and slugged back the rest, adding, "Unless you can absolve me of a decade of evil deeds."

Juri looked at her, and got the feeling she was dead serious. "I can't really do that," she admitted. She signaled Ryouko, who delivered her a colored ginger-ale, then looked at Willow. "Best thing I can suggest is try to balance the scales," she continued.

Willow nodded thoughtfully, "That's what she tries to tell me, too."

"She?" Juri asked, trying to change the topic.

Willow actually smiled slightly, "Buffy. I helped her defeat the Master a few weeks back, and we've been working together ever since."

"Master," Juri raised a eyebrow, chuckling as a evil thought occurred to her. Willow looked curious so she said, "I suppose his first name wasn't Bator?"

Willow put the two words together and made a face, "That's bad."

Over at the entrance to the club itself Hitomi's eyes widened at the woman striding down the hall at her. She had short, boyishly blonde hair, blue eyes, and an intense look in her eyes, a look that normally meant trouble.

"Welcome to Arisugawa's Locket," Hitomi said cautiously, "I'm Hitomi."

"Buffy," the young woman answered the girl softly, looking around her curiously. She pushed her hand through her hair nervously, looking much younger as she said to her, "I'm looking for a friend of mine."

'Isn't everyone?' Hitomi thought whimsically, but instead she just tried to look helpful.

"She's a redhead, pale, and likes to wear leather," Buffy actually blushed a bit.

"Willow, right?" Hitomi asked cheerfully. At Buffy's nod she said, "She's over at the bar, at least she was the last time I saw her."

"Thanks," Buffy moved out into the crowd. The women cleared the way for the intense young lady, and she soon saw Willow sitting at the bar, talking to another woman there. She was a bit surprise to feel an odd flash of emotion, a bit of jealousy.

'I've only know her for a few weeks,' Buffy thought, surprised. But this was the first time she had really had a partner, someone who fought beside her, back to back. She certainly didn't have any claim on the vampiress, so why was she standing here wishing that the orange haired lady would just go away?

Juri looked out into the crowd, and smiled slightly. She looked over at Willow, "This Buffy, is she a really intense looking, butch blonde?"

Willow blinked, "Well, yes."

Juri discretely pointed, "I think she followed you here." She got up and stretched, "I think I'll go call my girlfriend." With that, she left.

Buffy sighed in relief, settling down in the seat Juri had vacated. She smiled at Willow nervously and blurted, "Who's your friend?"

Willow looked at her friend, softly answering, "She works here, and was making sure I wasn't going to be trouble."

Buffy puffed out a breath, looking relieved as she said, "Oh, good."

Willow raised her eyebrow at that.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Ryouko is from the series Tenchi Muyo. And finally, Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie.

Our Cast This Episode: Mara and Urd are from Oh My Goddess. And Willow and Buffy are from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the Alternate Sunnydale).

Authors Notes: There is nothing solid in the Oh My Goddess manga that spells out a relationship between Urd and Mara, but boy is it implied though several of the storylines. At the very least, they're a lot closer than they should be, considering their jobs.

The song that the two of them sang is "Akuma to Tenshi no Kiss" or "Devil and Angel's Kiss," from the original Bubblegum Crisis. I copied the words from the Hurricane Live 2033: Tinsel City music video, so if I got any words wrong, just blame Animego...

Vampire Willow and her Buffy are from Part Six of my Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic, Itsumo means Forever. I always thought Willow and Buffy would make a cute couple. ^_^