Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Anniversary Part One ( Chapter 46 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Arisugawa's Locket: Anniversary Part One

The smoke billowed outward as the battlefield fell silent, clouding everyone's vision. In a few moments it began to settle, and a group of figures were soon revealed. Standing in the front a young woman's long blond hair flowed back in two tails as she looked about, making sure that all the enemies were gone.

Sailor Moon puffed out a soft breath, "We did it." She smiled at another figure nearby, "You're as good a fighter as Sailor Pluto said."

Arisugawa Juri let the Juraian sword that she carried flicker out before tucking it away in her coat. She swept her long orange hair back as she tried to get the worst of the dust off woman's suit she was wearing, "Glad to help."

"Let me," Sailor Mercury smiled. She gestured, and from the blue haired girl's hand a wave of power washed over Juri's clothes, the dust gone.

Sailor Pluto had a little smile on her face. "An important first step," the dark haired warrior murmured to herself softly.

Sailor Uranus gave her an odd look, but didn't say anything.

"Juri," Sailor Jupiter asked, "isn't the Locket supposed to be opening tonight?"

Juri looked down at her watch, swiftly realizing she was badly late. She looked at her girlfriend, "Could you..?"

Sailor Pluto stepped forward, sweeping Juri up into her arms as she bounded into the air, Juri's startled cry echoing behind her.

"Do you think we bought them enough time to get set up?' Sailor Saturn asked as she emerged from the shadows, Chibi-Moon at her side.

"I think so," Sailor Neptune smiled, "and you did a nice job impersonating a youma."

"It wasn't us," Chibi-Moon sighed, "that thing was real. It busted out of a spiritual seal nearby while Hotaru and I were still trying to put our costumes together."

"And Juri was the one who dealt the finishing blow," Sailor Uranus frowned. She shook her head, "That must have been what Pluto meant."

"This is all fascinating," Sailor Mars said, the dark haired woman smiling slightly, "but we'd better get going or we'll miss the party!"

In another part of the city a short while later Sailor Pluto and Juri dropped down in the alley behind the Locket. "Are you all right?" she asked with a slight smile.

Juri laughed softly, "Just give me some warning next time, please!"

Pluto raised her time staff above her head a moment as swirling lights appeared around her, then as Setsuna Meiou she smiled at Juri happily. "Well, lets go in," she gently took Juri's arm as they walked around to the front of the building.

Juri got her keys out and tried the door, a bit surprised it was open. "Guess May got in early today," she shrugged, the two of them walking inside. They went down the dark hallway, and as they entered the main room itself she reached for the lights.

"Surprise!" many voices cried out, all the lights coming on at the same time. As Juri blinked the spots from her eyes, she saw that the place was jammed with people, behind them a large banner reading, 'One Year, Sep. 2002 to 2003!'

Setsuna gently tugged the mildly stunned Juri forward even as she murmured in her ear, "Happy one year anniversary, darling."

Juri was blushing a bit as she quietly answered, "Why do I get the feeling you played a big part in setting this up?"

"A bit," Setsuna smiled innocently.

"Thanks," Juri kissed her gently. She moved forward, surrounded by the bar's staff. "Thank you, too," she gave them a grin.

"Was it a surprise?" Hitomi smiled up at her happily.

"Oh, yeah," Juri smiled. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked around, swiftly spotting the other Senshi, "You kept me busy, didn't you."

"It was a real, honest emergency," Haruka grinned at her, "that's our story, and we're sticking with it."

Ryouko clapped Juri on the back firmly, nearly knocking her over, while Minagi grabbed her to keep her from going over. "You've started a hell of a thing here," Ryouko grinned.

"And I'm glad to be a part of it," Minagi added.

Juri managed a stammered thanks as the two women disappeared, only to reappear behind their bar to serve some drinks for the customers. A gentle hand on her arm drew her gaze to where Keiko and May were standing together.

"Thank you for offering me the job here," Keiko smiled, her long brown braid swinging, "if I wasn't here, I don't think I would have ever met May."

"Thank you," May smiled, simply kissing the startled Juri on the cheek before pulling Keiko over to the dance floor.

"You'll probably be getting that a lot today," Minako Aino smiled slightly, the slim blonde walking up with her lover Natsuna.

"We should be charging a matchmaker fee," Nabiki smirked, bringing over two glasses. The black haired girl passed one to Juri, and one to Setsuna, "Here you go."

"Thanks," Juri was clearly rattled by all this. She looked around curiously before asking, "Where's Sasami?"

"Finishing off your cake," Nabiki answered calmly.

Juri groaned softly.

"You poor thing," Utena made her way through the crowd, a slightly teasing smile on the pink haired duelist's face. And of course Anthy was right there beside her, the dusky skinned Rosebride smiling up at her love happily.

Juri made a face. "I wonder if I should tell everyone an suggestion from you is what got me thinking about opening a bar?" she asked quietly.

"Oh, no," Utena shook her head firmly.

Juri frowned sklighly, looking around, "That reminds me..." Spotting who she was looking for Juri waved, "Hey Usagi, over here."

Usagi made her way through the crowd, keeping Chibi-Usa close by her. "Yes?" she looked up to ask Juri curiously.

"Usagi Tsukino, Princess of the Moon Kingdom" Juri gestured to her friend, "I'd like you to meet Utena Tenjou, the possessor of the Power of Dios."

Utena offered her hand, "It's an honor."

Usagi took it, shaking gently, "Nice to meet you."

There was an odd moment standing there in the bar, silence stretching out as they shook. It was almost as if something terribly important had just happened, but what no one was entirely sure. Then Hyatt collapsed, Excel jumped to help her, the crowd noises resumed, and then the bar was back to normal.

To be continued...

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, Sailor Mercury Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus, Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Saturn, Chibi-Moon and Natsuna are all from Sailor Moon. And finally, Utena and Anthy are from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Author's Note: Another tie in with Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo. I thought it would be interesting if Utena and Usagi had first met at the Locket...