Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Christmas 2003 One ( Chapter 50 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Christmas 2003: Part One

The sports car left the city of Tokyo itself, quickly moving down the snow covered roads. Colored a deep black, it's headlights lit up the road ahead as it was driven with cool competence. The woman who was sitting in the driver's seat pushed her orange hair back as she said, "Thanks for coming along with me, Setsuna."

"I know how important these people are to you, Juri," Setsuna answered, her dark black hair flowing around her like a wave, "I'm glad you invited me." She paused thoughtfully, "It's almost like meeting your family, in a way."

Juri blinked in surprise, then she laughed softly. "Now there's an interesting mental image," she said with a slight grin.

"You know what I mean," Setsuna chuckled.

They pulled into a long driveway, driving up to the front door's where a valet waited to take the keys. Juri got out first, looking coolly stylish in her long leather coat before going around to Setsuna's side to help her evening gown clad partner out. Juri then passed the keys to the young man along with a generous tip, "Here you go."

"Thank you, ma'am," he cautiously got behind the wheel and drove off, parking in a spot not far from where they stood.

Setsuna looked around her, taking in their surroundings. The mansion was almost over the top in it's elegance, perched on the very edge of the city of Tokyo. Within the fences the now snow covered lawn stretched out in perfectly maintained order with dormant plants sticking up, carefully tended for the coming spring.

"Impressive," Setsuna finally had to admit.

"A bit overdone," Juri quietly admitted as they went up the stairs to the front door. Before she could even try to knock on it a pretty, brown haired maid opened up the door, smiling up at the two of them cheerfully.

"Ms. Arisugawa," the maid nodded to her respectfully, "it's good to see you again." Her eyes widened just slightly at Setsuna, "And you brought a guest as well. I'll see if I can rearrange the seating arrangements for dinner. Can I get your coats?"

"We won't be staying that long, thanks," Juri slipped her long coat off, revealing a black woman's business suit beneath it, "but you can certainly take out coats."

Setsuna's red dress hugged her slim body from breasts to ankles, her shoulders bare and long gold earrings dangling from her ears. "As they walked down the hall together she murmured to Juri, "Do you think this dress is a bit much?"

"You look gorgeous," Juri answered softly. They reached a door where a blonde maid awaited and Juri asked, "Are you ready?"

"No," Setsuna admitted, "but lets go in anyway."

"Thanks," Juri nodded slightly to the maid.

The room was festively decorated, a brightly lit up tree set up on one side with gifts laid out below it. A table fully loaded with food and drink was on one side, and two young men moved through the group with trays of drinks. An interesting group it was, too, all young men and women who carried a kind of nobility about them.

"Juri-sempai," a blue haired young man made his way over to them almost as soon as they entered the room, "Merry Christmas!"

"Hey, Miki," Juri hugged him impulsively. She pushed him back slightly, "Miki Kaoru, I'd like you to meet my partner, Setsuna Meiou."

"Partner?" Miki looked honestly confused, "but I thought that you ran Arisugawa's Locket all on your own?"

A blonde, her long hair braided to fall down her back and dressed in a cream colored dress, made her way over to Miki's side. "I don't think she means that kind of partner, Miki," she pointed out to him gently.

"Oh?' Miki blinked, then his eyes widened as he got it, "Oh!" He grinned up at both women, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you," Setsuna smiled, shaking Miki's hand. She looked over at the other young woman, "I don't believe we've met?"

"Sorry," Miki blushed rather cutely as he continued, "Setsuna Meiou, I'd like you to meet my partner, Nanami Kiryuu."

"It's nice to meet you," Nanami smiled, "have you been together long?"

"Nearly a year now," Setsuna offered, "and you?"

"Nearly two," Miki smiled. He paused before adding, "I think Touga said something about wanting to talk with you."

"Hmm," Juri frowned slightly, "Setsuna, do you want to wait here?"

"I'm coming with you," Setsuna said softly.

Juri smiled, "Well, I thought I should offer. See you later, Miki." With that both women made their way over to where Touga Kiryuu stood talking to Saionji.

"Arisugawa," Touga called out as she got near, the red haired man's face lighting up in an honest smile.

Juri felt a bit of relief that his breath didn't smell of any alcohol. The glass he held bubbled, and she had to fight back a smile realizing it was probably just ginger-ale. "Kiryuu," she echoed his greeting quite gravely, then smiled.

"It's good to see you Juri," Saionji extended his hand, "and who's your lovely friend."

"Setsuna Meiou, I'd like you to met Touga and Saionji." Juri gave both men a warning glance, "Down boys, she's with me."

"Then congratulations," Touga gave them both a gentlemanly bow. He gave Setsuna a thoughtful look, "I'm glad that Juri found someone of her caliber to be with."

"Thank you," Setsuna nodded slightly.

"And I look forward to getting to know you better," Saionji said gravely, reaching out to shake her hand firmly.

"It's good to see you, Juri," a warm voice said. Utena and Anthy had come up behind them, and along with them were the other members of the duelists. "And it's good to see you once again, Setsuna," Utena softly added.

"I'm honored to be here," Setsuna said.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Touga smiled at the others, "I know that all of us have other things that we need to go to tonight." Ruefully he added, "Nanami and I are visiting our parents tonight, and I am not looking forward to it."

There was sympathetic laughter from the others.

"I just wanted to get us all together tonight," Touga continued. "There is much we all have in common, and I think that will grow in time, not lessen." He raised his glass of ginger-ale, "Merry Christmas, everyone, and to friends both old and new."

"To friends," Utena and the others raised their glasses.

"Merry Christmas," Juri gently slipped her arm across his shoulders, hugging him a bit awkwardly. He stood there stiffly in surprise a moment, then laughed.

"Thanks," Touga answered. He gave her a smile, "Now I'm sure that you have a party over at the Locket to take care of?"

"That's true," Juri let him go, "but keep in touch, all right?" She looked up to take in the room full of people, "And that goes for all of you, too!"

To a chorus of agreement Juri and Setsuna walked back down the hallway, collecting their coats from the maid. "You know," Setsuna murmured as they went outside, the valet fetching Juri's car, "I think I like them."

"I'm glad," Juri got the door for Setsuna, then she got in and they sped off into the night. "I'm glad I gave May permission to open up tonight," Juri noted the time, "because there is no way I'm going to get there in time."

"May can handle things," Setsuna said firmly.

Back in the city the nightclub known as Arisugawa's Locket was busier than usual, on account of the Christmas holiday. As had become the tradition a pile of presents were sitting by the entrance, and were being passed out to the customers as they came inside.

"Here ya go," Ryouko handed a gift over with a grin. The blue-haired bartender was taking a turn passing out the gifts, standing there by Hitomi.

"Will Minagi be okay up at the bar by herself?" Hitomi asked, the brown haired girl looking cute in her schoolgirl's uniform.

"Ah, she's got Mahoro up there to help," Ryouko shrugged it off. "And May is standing by the bar, doing a pretty good Juri impersonation."

"May really is good at that," Hitomi admitted. Her eyes widened in surprise at seeing a newbie coming in, tonight of all nights. "My name is Hitomi, welcome to the Locket!"

"Thank you," the black haired young looked a bit nervous, dressed in garb almost resembling that a shrine maiden and at her side she carried a sword, clearly not a false one. "My name is Motoko."

"You'll have to surrender the weapon at the bar," Ryouko passed the gift over.

"If I must," Motoko answered as she looked out over the crowd. It almost looked like she wanted to run away, but she stiffened her back and went on in.

"First timer," Ryouko noted.

"Uh huh," Hitomi agreed.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, and Ryouko are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. And finally, Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie.

Our Cast This Episode: Setsuna Meiou is from Sailor Moon. Miki, Nanami, Saionji, Touga, Utena and Anthy are all from Revolutionary Girl Utena. And Finally, Motoko is from Love Hina.