Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Christmas 2003 Two ( Chapter 51 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Christmas 2003: Part Two

"It's too bad that you have to leave here early to go out with your parents and Mamoru to have Christmas dinner," Rei Hino leaned over the table to tease her mercilessly, "you'll miss out on all the good food that Sasami's making everyone."

"Whaa!" Usagi broke into tears. Sniffling loudly she complained to the others sitting at the table, "Rei, you're always being so mean to me!" Around her Haruka, Michiru and the other Senshi all rolled their eyes, quite used to it.

"Do they always do that?" Anita asked her two new friends quietly as they walked by the table. The three little girl's looked remarkably cute, Chibi-Usa in pink and Hotaru in black, while Anita was dressed up in a gray suit altered for her by Maggie.

"Yep," Chibi-Usa nodded mournfully.

"They are really cute, though," Hotaru quietly noted, gently holding on to her pink haired girlfriend's hand. "Too bad Usagi's straight," she sighed.

"You don't think Rei's still carrying a torch for her?" Chibi-Usa asked curiously.

Hotaru actually smirked when she answered, "Haruka-poppa says that Ami's pretty much put that torch right out."

Anita sweatdropped, then her eyes widened. "Excuse me," she told the other girls and made her way through the crowd.

"Anita," the black haired little girl beamed happily as Anita neared.

"Hisa-chan," Anita reached out to gently take Hisami's hand in hers, all without really thinking about it. Hisami blushed, but the little redhead didn't seem to notice. "I'm glad that you were able to come," she added.

"Me, too," the still fiercely blushing Hisami agreed softly, but she didn't release her firm hold on Anita's hand.

Out in front of the Locket a sports car came to a stop in the light snow, and a tall black haired young woman got out of the passenger's side. The car then swung around to the back of the building and only a few moments later a woman with long orange hair came from back there to the front. "Sorry," Juri grinned at her.

"It's all right," Setsuna took her arm as the two walked to the building itself. There was a surprisingly large lineup, but most of the people recognized Juri and cleared the way. "Good evening, Bones," Setsuna nodded to the muscular bouncer.

Anticipating her boss' question Bones reported with a smile, "There's been no emergencies, no serious trouble yet tonight." She stood guard there in a muscle shirt and black pants, seemingly oblivious to the bitter cold.

"Take a break and grab something to eat later," Juri reminded her as they went in, "one of the others will handle things for a bit."

"Hai," Bones drawled with a little smile.

Hitomi stood at the end of the hallway, cheerfully smiling up at the customers as she handed out gifts to the new arrivals. "Hi, Juri," she smiled, "it's been busy!"

"I noticed," Setsuna took in the crowd with a little smile. She slipped her coat off, revealing a red dress that hugged her slim body from breasts to ankles, her shoulders bare and long gold earrings dangling from her ears.

"No problems?" Juri asked as she slipped her long coat off, showing the black woman's business suit that was beneath it.

"May's been handling things pretty well," Excel popped up from behind Hitomi, startling her before collecting their coats and then stowing them away.

"Don't do that," Hitomi blurted, clutching her chest. She gave Excel an odd look, "And where's Hyatt, anyway?"

"Here," a weak hand waved from the closet behind Excel and Hitomi.

"Waii," Excel turned and all but jumped in the closet to be with Hyatt.

"Don't make any closet jokes, Juri," Setsuna quickly spoke up as Juri was about to open her mouth, "not a one."

"You're no fun," Juri gave her puppydog eyes to no avail. "See you later," she gave Hitomi as wave as they headed up to the bar.

The bar teemed with people, both adults and the occasional kids. Juri had opened the door at Halloween, and some couples with children had requested to bring the kids along on Christmas. It didn't effect things too much, though the waitresses were instructed to keep an eye on the library. A few kids had gotten an education last time, flipping through the racier books.

Over by the busy bar a tall, brown haired woman wore a simple white dress as she casually moved through the mob. She chatted with the customers, made the newcomers comfortable and generally did a pretty good impersonation of Juri herself. Still her eyes lit up with happiness when she saw Juri coming towards her.

"Juri-sama," May sighed with relief, "it's good to see you."

"Thanks for opening up for me tonight," Juri gave May a smile as she patted the cyberdoll on the shoulder, "you did a great job."

"We really appreciate it," Setsuna added, leaning forward while still holding Juri's arm.

"Thank you," May blushed faintly.

"Excuse me," Keiko came out of the press of people, her long brown hair braided down her back. The boy's suit she wore was pure ebony, going well with the white dress that May was wearing. "Are you off duty?" Keiko asked May, offering her hand.

"From my hosting duties, yes," May agreed,. taking Keiko's hand in hers. She gave Juri a look, "Would you mind?"

"Have fun," Juri waved as both women strode towards the dance floor together. A soft, romantic Christmas song started, and they began to sway together gently.

Ryouko, Mahoro and Minagi were all standing behind the long bar, the three women coordinating together as they passed the beer and other drinks around. "Hey Juri," Minagi poured her a glass of colored ginger-ale and produced Setsuna's favorite drink as she nodded towards Mahoro and asked, "can we keep her?"

"What do you think, Mahoro," Juri picked up her drink, "you want to be relief bartender along with back-up cook?"

"Sure," Mahoro slid a can of beer down the bar to Misato while she poured a sake for the dark haired stranger who was sitting at the bar.

"Thank you," Motoko said calmly. She drank the sake down in a single go, gasping softly when she finished.

"Way to go," Ryouko cheered, but she didn't try to slap her on the back. There was a dangerous aura around the girl, one she didn't want to mess with.

"You have the oddest look on your face," Setsuna said to Juri quietly, noticing how her gaze was fixed on the newcomer, "do you know her?"

"Yeah," Juri agreed as they moved away from the bar, "I met Motoko a few years ago." She sighed softly as she admitted, "She beat me in a duel."

"An unusual occurrence," Setsuna's voice was gently teasing.

Juri laughed, "Maybe." She looked back at where Motoko was sitting, "I wonder if I could arrange for a rematch.."

"Juri!" Setsuna scolded her before she realized she was joking.

Tendo Nabiki watched the crowd, smiling to herself slightly as she drank a cup of rum and eggnog. Black hair was slicked back, and she moved with an athletic kind of grace. Slim hands came up from behind her, her eyes were covered and a soft voice said, "Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas," Nabiki turned to smile at the gorgeous redhead. "I thought you were working tonight, Ayeka?"

"We finished the demon off early," Ayeka Kisaragi smiled up at her as she relaxed into Nabiki's comforting arms. "And nobody got hurt, too," she sighed softly.

Nabiki noticed she looked a bit frayed around the edges. Not too bad, but her red dress was a bit messy, her face weary. "You look tired," Nabiki noted softly, "are you driving home?"

"I was going to," Ayeka admitted.

"I don't live too far from here," Nabiki admitted to her girlfriend softly, "why don't I take you there after the party?"

"This is the first time you've invited me to your home," Ayeka reached up to gently stroke Nabiki's cheek, "Are you sure?"

"Hey, Maggie," Nenene looked up from where she was sitting at one of the corner dining tables, "thanks for getting me a drink." Not far away Michelle was firmly based in the library, reading a small stack of paperbacks and munching Christmas cookies.

"It's fine, Sensei," Maggie said in her normally quiet way as she sat down in a chair by Nenene. The woman dressed in white shirt and black pants was nearly a foot taller than Nenene was, her short black hair carefully styled.

The light caught Nenene's glasses as she smiled slightly. "Do you dance, Maggie?" she asked, sitting back in her chair. Her business suit was a bit scruffy, but it seemed to go well with the young writer's personal style.

"Well, yes," Maggie blinked.

"Then let's go," Nenene finished off her drink with one gulp, getting up from her chair to gently tug Maggie to her feet.

"But I can't... Sensei, it wouldn't be..." Maggie stammered.

"I don't have to threaten to smooch you again, do I?" Nenene asked her pointedly, puckering up in an exaggerated way.

"No," Maggie went beet red.

"Ah, that's better," Nenene murmured, relaxing in Maggie's arms as the taller woman led them across the dance floor.

"They look cute together, don't they?" Sasami murmured, dancing with Minagi while transformed to her adult form, Tsunami.

"Not as cute as you," Minagi pulled her close for a gentle kiss.

Sasami giggled softly before softly scolding, "Stop that." She offered a grin, "Otherwise, I may have to drag you upstairs.."

"Oh no," Minagi answered in mock horror, and Sasami chuckled again.

It was getting late as Arisugawa Juri climbed up to stand on the bar. "Merry Christmas, everybody!" she cried out, raising her glass in a toast.

"Christmas," the crowd echoes, raising their cups.

"It's been a hell of a year," Juri said with a grin, feeling the eyes of the crowd and her staff resting on her. Especially she felt Setsuna's eyes, warming her deep inside. "And next year will be even better," she said gravely. She grinned, "See you all on New Years, everybody!"

And with that Juri slid back down as the crowd cheered happily.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Bones is from www.coolcatstudio.com. Mahoro is from Mahoromatic. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Usagi, Rei, Hotaru, Setsuna, Ami and Chibi-Usa are from Sailor Moon. Anita, Maggie, Nenene and Hisami are from ROD the TV. Motoko is from Love Hina. And finally, Ayeka Kisaragi is from Phantom Quest Corp.