Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ New Years 2003 ( Chapter 52 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Years 2003

"How did you talk me into this again?" Rio asked pointedly, the black haired woman sitting at one of the corner tables, nursing her drink.

Siobhan shrugged, "I threatened to publish on the internet those nude photos I took of you when you were drunk." The cyborg had a slight smile on her face, long hair flowing down her back as she sipped on her drink.

Rio growled from the back of her throat. "You know, I don't think I believe you have those nude photos, Ward," she growled.

"And do you really want to risk the world finding out that you have the cutest little mole right on your..." Siobhan trailed off suggestively.

"Shut up and finish your drink," Rio sighed.

Outside, the roadster slid into it's parkingspot perfectly, the tall woman smoothly stepping out into the snow. She strode to the enterence, her long red hair flowing down her back, twin locks framing her beautiful face.

"Good evening, ma'am," Bones nodded as she opened the door for her. The woman nearly screamed class and style, and she seemed oddly familiar with how the place operated.

"Good evening," she nodded in return before striding down the hallway.

"Welcome to Arisugawa's Locket," Merle beamed. The catgirl looked a bit nervous standing there, but oddly it made her look even cuter.

"Ah, hello," the woman blinked down at her in surprise. Tentatively she asked, "I take it you're not the regular greeter?"

"Hai," Merle bounced in place, "Hitomi's taking some vacation time with Milerna."

"Hmm," the woman swept by her, hanging her coat over her arm as she walked on. The bar was quite crouded by then, the New Years customers nearly filling up the place. Still, her aura was such that she made her way to the bar quite easily.

"Can I get you something.." Ryouko turned, only to stop with a frown. "You again."

"What?" Minagi blinked at her twin, then looked over at the redhead.

"I'm not here on business," the redhead raised a hand, "please."

"Miyabi," Ryouko looked over at her cautiously, then she nodded. "Here you go, then," she produced the drink the woman had ordered previously from memory.

"Nice," Miyabi sighed, taking a sip.

"I see that you took me up on my offer," Arisugawa Juri said, the tall orange haired woman giving her a slight smile.

"Yes, well," Miyabi smiled grimly, her red dress clinging to her body, "I wanted to apologize for how the meeting went."

"It isn't your fault that your boss was an ass," Juri said simply.

A few weeks ago the company that Miyabi had represented arranged a meeting with Juri. Taking Nabiki and Ryouko along she found out that they wanted to buy into the Locket, even open up a chain of such nightclubs around the world. When Juri had turned them down they had grown rude, but Juri stood firm.

"How did you know that I would..." Miyabi trailed off nervously, refering to Juri's offering her an invitation to the Locket after the meeting ended.

"I usually have pretty good instincts about this sort of thing," Juri said simply. Someone waved and she gave Miyabi an apologetic look, "Catch you later?"

"It's all right," Miyabi agreed.

A waitress hurried by her, dressed in a modified maids uniform. May moved through the crowd, her brown hair flowing down her back. "Hi," she said cheerfully when she reached the corner table, "what can I get you?"

The white haired young woman had a slightly shell shocked look on her face, so the dark haired woman sitting beside her spoke up, "Two cans of beer to start with, please."

"Right," May bounded off.

"Melissa," the white haired girl in the long skirt asked her companion softly, "how did you know about this sort of club?"

"You'd be surprised at where some of my covert missions have taken me, Tessa," Melissa said to her gently, dressed in black pants and T-shirt.

"Oh?" Tessa blinked, then she blushed, "Oh!"

Melissa laughed, "Not that I minded going in here the first time."

"Here you go," May put the cans of beer in front of her then stepped back. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

"Not right now," Tesa murmured. The waitress left, and with a great deal of focus she popped open her can and took a long drink.

"I haven't freaked you out, have I?" Melissa asked, taking a long pull on her own drink.

"No, but you did surprise me," Tessa admitted, a blush on her cheeks. She hesitated, "That time after we fought our duel.."

"Yes?" Melissa prompted her when Tessa trailed off.

Tessa gulped her beer nervously, "Were you really going to kiss me?"

"I thought about it,." Melissa admitted, "though I'm sort of glad we got interupted. I really didn't know how you'd have reacted."

Tessa looked down with a blush, "Neither do I."

Melissa finished off her first can of beer. "Enough deep thoughts," she tugged the startled Tessa up, "let's kareoke!"

"What..?" Tessa blurted as they walked forward.

"You know, that's really cute, in a strange sort of way," Setsuna murmured from where she stood by Juri nearby the library.

"I knew a girl named Nikki,

Guess you could say whe was a sex fiend,

Met her in a hotel lobby

Masturbating to a magazine,"

The two sang it together, Melissa grinning while Tessa looked like she was going to faint, her blush was so bright.

"They are sort of cute," Juri agreed. She looked over at Setsuna, "I heard from Haruka that most of the building on the addition is done."

"And..?" Setsuna asked softly.

"We're going to be dealing with a few too many hangovers tomorrow," Juri said thoughtfully, "but why don't we start moving in the day after that?"

"I'd love to," Setsuna kissed her gently on the cheek.

Sasami popped up beside them, "Here you go!"

Juri grabbed her slice of cake, then handed one to Setsuna. "Thank you," Setsuna smiled, "but what's with the cake?"

Out in the crowd, Sasami, May, Keiko, Excel and Hyatt were all passing pieces of cake out to people in the crowd. "New Years cake," Juri chuckled, "chocolate cake with chocolate icining, all mixed with a generous amount of spiced rum."

Setsuna took a bite and sighed happily, "Yum."

Mahoro pushed her long black hair back as she brought Miyabi another drink. "Unrequitted love?" she asked the morose redhead gently.

"Yeah," Miyabi looked a bit messy, her hair slightly loose and her eyes a bit bleary. "I've loved Aoi-chan so long..."

"And there's no way?" Mahoro asked sympathetically.

"She loves him," Miyabi finished off her drink, "and he's good for her. He makes her smile in a way that she never did around me." She sighed softly, then smiled, "Enough of this." She fixed Mahoro with a rthoughtful look, "Is it alowed for you to dance with the customers?"

"Not as far as I know," Mahoro stood by her side.

"Then let's dance," Miyabi drew her out onto the dance floor.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Setsuna Meiou is from Sailor Moon. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Bones is from www.coolcatstudio.com. Mahoro is from Mahoromatic. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Rio and Siobhan are from the fanfiction Tennokiken. Miyabi is from Ai Yori Aoshi. Melissa and Tessa are from Full Metal Panic. Haruka Tenoh is from Sailor Moon.

AN: The song Melissa and Tessa sing from is 'Darling Nikki' by Prince, recently covered by the Foo Fighters. I've gotten a few requests for a Full Metal Panic appearance, so here it is. Miyabi's crush on Aoi-chan is based on comments she makes at different times in Ai Yori Aoshi, and you should expect appearances of other characters from that series...