Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Vampire Ball One ( Chapter 61 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Halloween: The Vampire's Ball Part One

Tendo Nabiki looked stylish as she loosened the thin black tie, the black haired young woman's simple suit hugging her boyish frame. At her side Ayaka held on to her arm possessively, the taller woman in the slinky red dress looking oddly depressed even in all of the white makeup that they both wore.

The bar itself had been remade in a gothic vein for this Halloween, blood red and midnight black drapes with eerie lamps set around the intwentionally dim room. The old, half melted candles up on the bar were a very nice touch, along with a few fake skulls, bats from the ceiling, cobwebs and all the other traditional touches.

"So why did I agree to do a theme night for halloween?" Juri asked, the orange haired beauty looking oddly delicate in her tight gown.

Ryouko chuckled, the black leather clad space alien saying, "Because Setsuna wanted to see you in that dress?"

"Well, there is that," Juri admitted.

"And this kind of thing is a great seller," Nabiki jumped in. She dropped her voice slightly, "Sorry I haven't been around so much lately."

"Where the two of you been?" Minagi asked, leaning forward so that the silver collar and leash she wore clinked on the bar top. Her own outfit was a leather catsuit, hugging each and every generous curve.

Ayaka gave her a slightly bitter smile, "We haven't been romping in a love nest, if that's what you think." Seriously she continued, "I've... had some troubles, recently."

Juri kept her face carefully blank, not revealing that she already knew some details of those troubles. In between financial emails Nabiki had sketched in the situation: on what looked like a routine exorcism Ayaka's Phantom Quest Corp had encountered an elder demon, one far too powerful for them to handle unprepared. It defeated them utterly, then to add insult to injury it killed her business manager, a boy named Mamoru. In a rage Ayaka had called upon power she didn't know she had to obliterate the demon, but she couldn't save her friend.

"If there's anything I can do," Juri carefully offered, "I hope you'll let me know."

"Thank you, Arisugawa-san," Ayaka answered her gravely, "I'll keep that in mind."

From the kitchen Hitomi called out, "Do I really have to wear this?"

"We're all in theme outfits tonight," Juri called back as Ayaka quietly moved off, "you have to dress up, too."

With a sigh Hitomi stepped out, wearing a school girl's uniform. Her outfit was pure black, lace at the collar, sleeve and hem of her skirt, making the brown haired girl look a little like some darkside porcelin doll. Her hair was carefully styled, curled just enough to be cute, the bone white makeup darkening her grave eyes.

"So how do I look?" Hitomi asked nervously.

"Wow," Mahoro simply commented, the black haired former combat android adjusting her maid's outfit carefully.

"You'll make them swoon," Milerna agreed, her own black pirate's clothes artfully ripped.

"The tables are all set up," Excel reported, Hyatt following behind her to wave at them weakly, "I think we're ready to go."

Sasami stuck her head out of the kitchen, "The dishes are all ready to go." The little girl wore a black dress that gave her an oddly regal manner, her eyes sparkling slightly, "And the 'blood punch' you asked for is ready to go, too."

"Blood?" Bones raised her eyebrows. The muscular woman's long leather coat flowed around her, almost looking like a dark cloak or maybe devil's wings.

"Fruit juices, mostly," Sasami explained, "but it looks thick and red."

"Sorry! I'm so late," Keiko rushed inside, the young woman's black suit rakishly untidy and her log brown braid flowing behind her.

Behind her May had a slightly sheepish smile on her face, her own long black dress slightly askew. "Sorry, Juri-sama," May bowed.

"It happens," Juri smirked, having a pretty good idea what had held them up. Almost in confirmation both woman looked at each other, blushing faintly.

Minagi chuckled softly, looking up to check out the clock. "Looks like it's time to get going," she offered, "everyone ready?"

"Lets go," Juri seriously agreed.

Almost as soon as the doors were open customers streamed in, each wearing their own variations on the evening's theme. Mixed amid the undead were a few witches and sorceresses, military officers and other favorite costumes, the mood purely joyous.

"Somehow, Lina," the tall black haired woman in simple clothes and leathers said as she looked around warily, "I don't think this is an ordinary bar."

The fiery redhead nodded slightly, "You've got that right, Naga." Lina Inverse looked at the shorter girl beside them, "What do you think, Amelia?"

"Wow," Amelia's eyes were wide as she watched two women in barely there ragged clothes danced together closely. "Sorry," she looked back at Lina and Naga, "I don't get the feeling of evil around this place, though."

Naga nodded thoughtfully, her motion shifting the sword across her back as she said, "Then it's probably all right to grab a meal here, as long as we keep our guard up."

"Yes," Lina grinned, eagerly leading the way towards the bar.

"Lina-san," May blinked in surprise as she recognized her. Sternly the brown haired woman said, "I'm sorry, but we won't be running a tab for you."

Amelia blinked in surprise, "Lina, you've been here before?"

"Not that I know of," Lina looked honestly confused as she speculated, "maybe they know me by my reputation?"

May smiled slightly as she led the three women over to a table, "It's a bit complicated, but I'm well aware of all your eating habits."

Over by the enterance two figures hesitantly entered, looking around curiously. Hitomi beamed, Welcome to Arisugawa's Locket!" A pause, "Those are lovely angel costumes."

The tall black haired woman looked at Hitomi curiouasly even as she put out a cigarette. A halo glowed above her head, wings the most delicate shade of ash extending from her back. She smiled wryly, "It's not a costume, and we're Haibane."

"Reiki," the brown haired girl murmured, giving her a frown. She looked over at Hitomi curiously, "Are we still within the Wall?"

"Sort of," Hitomi answered, sensing that this was important to the two of them. Smiling she nodded to the door outside and said reassuringly, "Once you step back out that door, you'll be back in your home once again."

"Fair enough," Reiki nodded. She looked at her companion, a much gentler expression appearing on her face as she said, "You want to look around, Rakka?"

"Please," Rakka beamed and the two women went inside together.

"Wow," Hitomi murmured, watching them move off. Rakka seemed so innocent, looking around in wide eyed wonder while Reki was harder, more cynical. Yet somehow, the two women fit together, almost like two halves of one soul.

"Getting distracted?" Milerna surprised her, swiftly wrapping her arms around her smaller lover from behind.

"Always, with you around," Hitomi agreed with a smile.

To be continued....

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi and Ryouko are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Bones is from www.coolcatstudios.com. Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2. And finally, Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga.

Our Cast This Episode: Ayeka Kisaragi is from Phantom Quest Corp. Milerna is from Escaflowne the Movie. Lina, Naga and Amelia are from the fanfiction Slayers: Mirror. And finally Reiki and Rakka are from the series Haibane Renmei.