Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Before Valentine's Day ( Chapter 70 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Before Valentines Day
 
The valentne's cards were put together quickly, first the candy was attached, then they were folded in half, and finally set in the basket to be handed out at the door. Sitting at the tables around the Locket the staff assembled them, talking cheerfully, joking and generally having a good time.
 
"Whaa!" Excel held her finger as the blonde complained, "I got a paper cut!"
 
"Let me," Hyatt moved languidly, delicately taking Excel's finger in her mouth.
 
Ryouko snickered softly as she saw Excel blush, as it didn't happen all that often. She briskly worked away, smiling faintly as Ayeka worked beside her, the engagement ring she had give the young woman gleaming.
 
"Thank you for asking me to help," Ayeka said with a soft smile, her dark purple hair flowing down her back. She was wearing more human clothes today, the comfortable dress hugging her curves gently.
 
"I'm always glad to have you," Ryouko answered with a grin, her own light blue hair wildly cascading down her back. She was dressed in her usual jeans and T-shirt, something she chose for comfort rather than style.
 
Ayeka raised a wicked eyebrow, "But you haven't had me yet, today."
 
Ryouko laughed, gently slapping her arm, "Bad girl!" Her voice dropped to a sexy purr, " I think that's why I like you."
 
"You know, I don't think I've ever given out Valentine's chocolate before," Alpha mused, her green hair tied back neatly from where she worked nearby.
 
"You're serious?" Mahoro asked, her black hair flowing down her back. She smiled faintly, "I find that surprising, considering."
 
Alpha blushed a bit. "I wonder if I should go see Kokone," she said thoughtfully, "I haven't since I started working here."
 
"It could be she'll end up here," Mahoro pointed out, "this is that kind of club."
 
"And how about you?" Alpha asked, "Do you have someone you're giving chocolate to?"
 
"Yes," Mahoro's eyes twinkled in amusement, "but I'm not telling who."
 
Over by the bar Cyber Six had a frown on her face. "All right," the black haired woman in a simple leather bodysuit said, "in the western version boys give chocolate to girls but in the Japanese one the girls do it?"
 
"That'd be it," Minagi agreed, the young woman looking like Ryouko's twin except for the twin scars on her face. She grinned, "Have you decided what you're giving Lori yet?"
 
"There's a shop with a special box of chocolates, the Empress Set," Cyber Six actually blushed faintly, "I'm getting her that." She scowled suddenly in anoyance, "I just hope Junior doesn't decide to try something."
 
"Do you want a few of us to go out to Meridian with you?" Minagi offered as she finished up folding another Valentine on top of the bar, "I bet that we could shut him down for good, if we're just a little lucky."
 
"Thanks for the offer," Cyber Six smiled slightly as she said, "but this is personal. I want to handle it by myself."
 
"Somehow I just knew you were going to say that," Minagi said with some amusement, moving to check the stock in the bar.
 
Nabiki Tendo snored away faintly, her face on her arms as she sat at one of the tables. Hitomi looked at her curiously then shook her lightly, "Nabiki-san?"
 
"Ahh," Nabiki jerked as she came awake, the black haired young woman blinking in confusion. "Sorry," she shook her head to clear it.
 
"Had a rough night?" Hitomi asked, the brown haired younger woman's eyes twinkling with gentle amusement.
 
"Yeah," Nabiki stretched, "Ayaka and I were celebrating her getting a medium contract with a old Japanese company and we kind of overdid it."
 
"I thought Ayaka had decided to quit being a medium?" Hitomi asked as she went back to her sweeping, cleaning up around the bar smoothly.
 
"She did for awhile, but she wasn't happy," Nabiki said simply. She frowned, "Not that I won't be worried about her, but..."
 
"She needs to do what she's good at," Hitomi nodded. She smiled slightly, "Milerna is like that, too.. she had no intention of giving up being an adventurer."
 
"And you wouldn't want her any other way," Nabiki grinned, "me, too."
 
May laughed softly as she and Keiko sorted books in the library, putting things back in their proper order. "How," May held up a well read trade paperback, "did someone manage to put Pat Califia under the s-es?"
 
"Misspelled the last name?" Keiko suggested, filing a new batch of Bella novels into the shelves. "Has Juri decided on if we should file the erotica seperately?"
 
"She's undecided," May shrugged. long brown hair cascading over the shoulders of her red and white maid's uniform. A smile, "There's a lot of novels that are borderline, so we'd have to make a lot of judgement calls over where to file them."
 
"True," Keiko found herself blushing faintly as they put up the latest editions of 'Best Lesbiam Erotica.' Her brown braid bounced as the boyish young woman got up and added, "Did you hear about Yomiko's suggestion that we set up a lending library?"
 
"It's not that bad of an idea," May noted, "but with the crosstime aspect of the bar we'd have a hard time making sure the books got back." She got up from where she had been kneeling and stretched, feeling a flash of pleasure at how Keiko still noticed her figure.
 
"Should we," Keiko croaked, blushig, then cleared her suddenly tight throat. "Should we move on to the next section?" she asked in a more normal tone of voice.
 
May took her hand, squeezing gently, "Sure."
 
Over in the kitchen Sasami surpervised her cleaning crew, including Shampoo and Ukyo. "Thank you very much for agreeing to do part time," the light blue haired girl bowed to the two older ones, "it's nice to take days off."
 
"My pleasure Sugar," Ukyo grinned, her long hair flowig over her shoulders, "the pay is good and I figure with everything I'm learning from you, it's a bonus."
 
"Shampoo like Sasami's cooking," she admitted with just a bit more reluctance. She suddenly grinned, long purple hair bouncing like her breasts, "And Shampoo get to spend time alone with Ukyo, too."
 
Ukyo blushed.
 
Out in the bar Arisugawa Juri smiled as she headed downstairs, having finally finished up all her paperwork. It was one of the few banes of her existence, dealing with all the stuff the government needed done, as well as helping to ballance the books. It wasn't that she didn't trust Nabiki, but she wanted to keep her hand in.
 
'Now, what do I get Setsuna this year?' Juri wondered. Part of her wanted to buy her a ring, to declare their commitment to the world.. but she was nervous, too. 'You've been living together for a while now,' she reminded herself, 'what's there to be afraid of?'
 
"Hey Juri," Ryouko waved.
 
"Yo," Juri waved, going by the small table towards the main bar. She nodded to Cyber Six, "So what do you think of being our bouncer?"
 
Cyber Six looked at her curiously a moment but smiled, "I'm enjoying it, actually. I've only had to throw one customer out, and most of the guys trying to bust in are lightweights."
 
"Who did you have to throw out?" Juri blinked, obviously having missed that.
 
"The vampiress Drusilla," Cyber Six shrugged as she explained, "she tried to bite someone and they called for help."
 
"I'm tempted to ban vampires," Juri made a face, "but that would mean we'd loose Saya, Miyu and the others." She got back on topic, "I'm glad you're liking it, it's going to be hectic on Valentine's day and we'll need your help."
 
Cyber Six saluted with a grin, "Will do."
 
"And bring Lori by too," Juri added with a smile, "I bet she'd love to see you."
 
To be continued....
 
The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Alpha is from the anime and manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Ryouko, Minagi,and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Cyber Six is from Cyber Six. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Shampoo and Ukyo are from Ranma 1/2. And finally Mahoro is from Mahoromantic.
 
Our Cast This Episode: Ayeka is from Tenchi Muyo, Kokone is from the anime and manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Lori is from Cyber Six, Ayaka is from Phantom Quest Corp, Yomiko is from Read or Die, Setsuna is from Sailor Moon, Drusilla is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Miyu is from Vampire Princess Miyu and finally Saya is from Blood the Last Vampire.