Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Shadows of Night ( Chapter 75 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Shadows of Night

“All right,” Misaki Saiki said, the white haired young woman removing her long overcoat to reveal black leather fetish wear, “what’s the problem?”

Aeisugawa Juri didn’t even blink at the woman’s odd choice of dress, having seen much stranger things over the time she had been running this bar. “It seems the place is haunted,” Juri said with a casual shrug

“Huh,” Misaki murmured as she looked around thoughtfully, her red eyes narrowed a bit in thought.

Her partner, the blonde haired business type Haruna Tamura asked, “What sort of things have been happening?”

Alpha smiled tentatively, the green haired android looking faintly nervous, “Objects have been moving around on their own, there’s been writing on the walls...”

“In what looks like blood,” Ryouko said, the blue haired former space pirate standing behind the bar.

“And it spoke through my partner Keiko,” May said, the brown haired cyberdoll looking remarkably annoyed.

“Is that why everyone here is not human?” Misaki asked perceptively.

“This thing hurt Keiko,” Juri said flatly, “I won’t risk anyone else being hurt until I know what’s going on.”

“Yet you’re still here,” Misaki noted.

“I run the place,” Juri shrugged, “it’s my responsibility.”

“Then I guess I’d better get this solved,” Misaki said as she strode to the center of the room. There was a eerie calm around her, almost as if the air was afraid to move, then a odd blueish glow sprung up.

“She’s starting,” Haruna said as she gestured for all of them to stay back.

“Bet Washu’d love to see this,” Ryouko muttered.

“You can say that again,” Minagi agreed, the twin sister of Ryouko cleaning a glass refexedly.

“I hope we don’t hurt it,” Mahoro frowned, her black hair tied back in a pony tail.
“For a combat android you can be a bit too compassionate,” Ryouko noted.

“I’ve never seen a ghost before,” Alpha confessed as she saw the lights swirling around Misaki, “I wonder if it’s like the Misago?”

“Shhh,” Haruna waved them to silence as she saw Misaki was about to speak.

“Uhm, hello?” the girl’s voice was tentative.

Juri waited a moment, then decided to answer. “My name is Juri,” she said, feeling fairly foolish, “you’re in my bar, Arisugawa’s Locket.”

“You can hear me!” the girl squealed happily, “I tried talking to all of you before but I never got through!”

“All that oddness was her idea of talking?” May frowned.

“Let it go,” Ryouko patted her arm.

“And you are?” Juri asked.

“Sayo Aisaka,” a short bow, “I came in with my friend, but...I can’t seem to leave!” With that she began to sob softly.

“Who was the friend you came in with?”Alpha asked reasonably.

“Asakura-san,” Sayo sniffled softly, “from Mahora academy.”

“Mahora.. Mahora..” Juri snapped her fingers, “I remember!” She turned, “Get me a phone, I’m calling Setsuna.”

“Yes?” Setsuna answered after a moment, the part time nurse and full time Sailor Scout of Time sounding faintly amused.

“The bad news is that we officially have a ghost,” Juri answered, “the good news is I think I have a way of solving the problem.” With that she quickly sketching in her idea to her lover and partner.

“That’ll involve use of the Time Gate,” Setsuna murmured, “but yes, I can get her there.” A pause, “You’re going to owe me, love.”

“And I promise to pay you back,” Juri purred sexily.

“I’ll be right there,” Setsuna said and Juri could almost hear the grin on her lover’s face.

A few moment’s later Setsuna came through the door, another young woman looking around her curiously. “Well, that was unusual,” the young lady muttered, her short hair standing up in spiky clumps.

“Asakura-san!” Sayo exclaimed happily.

The medium jerked, tensing as a bright light rose from Misaki’s body, then raced towards Kazumi Asakura, flitting around her happily as it resolved into the image of a young girl, her image washed out as many of the dead were.

“I was getting worried about you,” Kazumi admitted as the ghost settled happily around her once more.

“I’m sorry,” Sayo sounded cutely apologetic, “I came in with you, but for some reason I couldn’t leave with you.”

“Are you all right?” Haruna asked, rushing over to Misaki’s side.

“I will be,” Misaki smiled slightly, “communicating with the dead takes a lot out of me.”

Haruna helped Misaki up to the bar, both taking seats as they watched the girl and ghost talking happily. “Coffee?” she asked and Ryouko produced a cup.

“Nice work,” Juri said as she and Setsuna broke free from a romantic hug.

“I think this was one of my easier jobs,” Misaki conceded as she sipped her cup of coffee, the strong brew restoring some energy to her again.

“I don’t think I’ve seen a more capable medium,” Setsuna smiled, her greenish black hair falling like a wave around her, “and trust me, I’ve met a few.” Her simple work dress still looked lovely on her, hugging her body without revealing too much.

“Thank you,” Haruna said, staying protectively close to Misaki.

Juri gestured with a thumb towards ghost and girl and asked wryly, “So is this going to happen again?”

“No, I don’t think so,” Misaki said thoughtfully, “when I came in I felt... there’s a odd field around your bar. I think hitting that is what dislodged Sayo. Now that she knows about it, they should be fine.”

“Thank goodness,” Mahoro sighed in relief.

“Is she for real?” Haruna asked dryly.

“Afraid so,” Ryouko teased.

“It’s almost...beautiful,” Alpha admitted, watching the ghost seemingly dance around Kazumi, the lady looking at her ghostly companion fondly.

“So,” Minagi leaned over the bar to ask, “do you want to try opening tonight, boss?”

“I’d like to try,” Juri admitted as she turned to May, “let’s hit the phones and see if everyone will come in.”

“Of course they’ll come in,” May scolded gently as she drew her phone from a pocket in her apron. She dialed then smiled, “Keiko? The coast is clear, the ghost is dealt with.” She snapped the phone shut then looked at Juri, “On her way.”

“I’ll do Excel and Hyatt,” Juri chuckled and a few moment’s later they were all doing it.

“Hi,” Kazumi approached Setsuna, Sayo still hugging her firmly, “I kind of need to get back to my dorm. It’s already past curfew.”

“No problem,” Setsuna smiled. Looking at Juri she kissed her on the cheek then said, “I’ll be right back.”

“Thanks love,” Juri stopped her a moment to kiss her again.

“Do you want to stick around a bit?” Misaki asked thoughtfully. A slight smile, “It’s odd how these people don’t seem to be bothered I’m a medium.”

“I get the feeling they’re used to the unusual,” Haruna answered.

“Too bad I didn’t bring along a change of clothes,” Misaki looked down at her fetish wear clad body wryly.

“Trust me, we’ve seen racier outfits,” Ryouko chuckled. “Mind you, you’ll be fighting off the girl’s dressed in that.”

“She’s with me,” Haruna said firmly, taking Misaki’s hand.

“Drinks are on the house, you two,” Juri said as she rushed by to help push tables back into place.

“Yes, I think I like this place,” Misaki chuckled.

To be continued...

The Staff: Arisugawa Juri is from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Alpha is from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Ryouko and Minagi are from Tenchi Muyo, May is from Hand Maid May, Mahoro is from Mahoromantic, and Setsuna Meiou is from Sailor Moon.

Our Cast the Episode: Misaki Saiki is from Ghost Talker’s Daydream and Sayo Aisaka and Kazumi Asakura are both from Negima.

Notes: I didn’t feel like writing a regular Halloween episode, so I thought it might be cool to have a ghost haunting story instead. I introduced “Haruna Tamura” in my Ghost Talker fic Two Lives...