Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Prince Prince! ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters from this crossover, including Utena or Sailor Moon or the manga Princess Princess..

Prince, Prince

Utena Tenjou strode along the walkway towards school, feeling the eyes of the students resting on her. Her short pink hair blew gently in the breeze, her build a bit more boyish than most due to her athletics and her handsome face looking determined.

“Utena-kun,” the older woman nodded a greeting, waiting by the front gate as they had arranged earlier.

“Ma’am,” Utena nodded to her respectfully, her uniform skirt swirling as the woman looked her over.

“Welcome to Ohtori girls academy,” she said briskly as they started off, the lady sneaking glances at Utena through her odd triangular glasses.

‘Wonder if I have something on my face?’ Utena thought, feeling the other students looking at her intently too. “Glad to be here,” Utena said flatly.

“It’s too bad you had to transfer after opening ceremonies,” the older woman noted, “but I’m sure you’ll receive a warm welcome, Utena-kun.”

“Maybe if I was a boy,” Utena shook her head as they walked down the hall.

A faint smile tugged her lips, “You obviously aren’t used to a all girl’s school, but you’ll see.” With that odd pronouncement they reached the classroom, “Here you go, and I hope things go well for you.”

“Thank you,” Utena blinked, wondering what she had meant as the teacher strode off.

Walking in to the room Utena could have sworn she heard the girls give a dreamy sigh, all of them focused on her intently as she stood in front of the class for introductions. “This is Utena Tenjou,” the buxom beauty of a teacher purred, “a she’s transferring here due to family issues. I hope you’ll welcome her.”

“Thank you,” Utena bowed.

“You’ll sit by Miss Mizuno,” the teacher said even as the students murmured to each other excitedly, gazing at Utena with faint blushes on their cheeks.

‘What’s with this place?’ Utena wondered as she walked to her seat, then nearly froze when she saw what looked like a boy sitting beside her.

“Welcome,” Ami Mizuno nodded, her short blue hair and boy’s uniform giving her a almost masculine air.

“Ah, right,” Utena smiled back with a little confusion. ‘Why is she wearing a boy’s uniform?’ she wondered.

“Miss Utena,” several girls rushed over as lunch started to ask, “would you like to have lunch with me?”

“Ah,” Utena was startled by the girls’ aggressiveness as she answered, “actually, I have to go to the cafeteria for something.”

“I’m going to lunch there too,” Ami said as she got up from her seat as she asked, “do you want to go with me?”

“Please,” Utena said.

“See you later,” several of the girls called as they left.

They walked off together, and Utena noticed that Ami was drawing even more adoring looks than she was. “Ah, Miss Mizuno?” she started tentatively.

“Call me Ami, please,” she smiled with what seemed like almost instinctive charm.

“Ami,” Utena smiled nervously as she tried to find a tactful way to ask. Finally she just blurted, “What is going on here?”

Ami smiled as a girl squealed and nearly fainted as they passed. “It’s a bit complicated,” she admitted, “but you know how girls are naturally inclined towards romance?”

“Not all of us,” Utena thought of herself wryly, “but continue.”

Ami flashed a smile as she said, “Well, in a all girls school that inclination can get frustrated, unless you’re naturally interested in girls.”

Utena nodded, “Makes sense.”

“To help deal with that desire our student council came up with a innovative solution,” Ami explained, “each year, we have two freshmen dress as princes.”

“Princes,” Utena repeated dubiously.

“Yes, they’re given boys uniforms and help with special events,” Ami shrugged, “they become a kind of focus for the school body.”

“And you’re one of these princes?” Utena guessed as they reached the cafeteria at last.

“And I suspect you will be too,” Ami said as they entered, nodding respectfully to the squealing fangirls.

“Ehh?” Utena blinked in surprise.

Ami gave her a amused look as they ordered, “You haven’t noticed how the girls are reacting to you? You’re nearly a perfect prince candidate and I suspect the student council is already meeting to discuss it.”

“Oy,” Utena sighed, wondering what that might mean for her hopes of a quiet student life. Retreating to a spot on the roof they ate their lunches in relative peace, though a few random fangirls snuck peeks as they ate.

Returning to class they blinked as they saw a blonde haired girl waiting impatiently for them. “There you are,” she said, her golden hair flowing as the smaller woman said, “the council wants to see Miss Tenjou.”

“Told you,” Ami murmured. Louder she addressed the girl, “Do you think they’d mind if I tag along, Nanami?”

“Please do,” Nanami smiled slightly, “it might help with explanations.”

“What if I don’t want to do this prince thing?” Utena asked Ami softly.

“They’ll be consequences,” Ami conceded.

“Lovely,” Utena murmured with a frown.

They soon arrived at the student council room, Nanami sliding open the door to reveal several very attractive students from the higher grades. Looking over the striking band of young ladies Utena could almost believe they had been just chosen for their good looks, rather than any other qualifications.

“Welcome,” the tall, orange haired leader of the council rose gracefully from her seat, “I’m council president, Juri Arisugawa.”

“Ma’am,” Utena nodded politely.

“Such nice manners,” a pretty blonde noted, “and such breasts.”

“Tina,” a black haired girl frowned, “she’ll think you’re a pervert.”

“Sorry Aoi.” Tina Foster said with a blush.

‘These people are stranger than I thought,’ Utena sweatdropped.

“Has Ami explained why you’re here?” Juri asked as she politely waved them to a seat.

“Some,” Utena admitted, “this whole prince thing. But I don’t really see why I should do it, even if you chose me....”

“Anthy?” Juri nodded towards a dusky skinned girl on the council, her purple hair flowing over her shoulders.

“Becoming a prince has a great many benefits,” Anthy smiled as she looked over Utena, “you see, of our club budget the prince program receives the most money.”

“Oh?” Utena sat up, interested despite herself.

“First of all, you will be excused from any late or tardy incidents,” Anthy wrote on a chalk board, “we will reimburse you for books and uniforms....”

That made Utena sit up and take notice! Since her parents death she had been much more concerned with money matters, and knowing the student council would be paying for her books and gear would be a great relief.

Anthy continued, “We’ll also be providing you with thirty free lunches in the cafeteria.”

‘That’ll add up,’ Utena noted.

“Look at the eagerness in her eyes,” Nanami noted quietly to Juri.

“Our research into her financial situation payed off,” Juri nodded as she whispered back, “and now for the killing blow.”

“And there’s another thing,” Anthy noted. “The school pays a small fee to students who appear in official photos for sale at the shop. As a prince your photos would be very popular, and you could make a tidy few yen at it.”

“I’ll do it,” Utena said eagerly.

“Hook, line and sinker,” Juri whispered with a smirk. With a charming grin she said aloud, “Thank you, Utena, you won’t regret it.”

“I’ll do my best,” Utena nodded.

“Now, who do you want as your bride?” Juri asked briskly.

“Bride?” Utena squeaked.

“Oh, I forgot to mention,” Juri smiled a bit like a shark this time, “the prince is paired with a bride, to provide a perfect couple for everyone to daydream about. You can pick any of the council but me.”

“Why not you?” Utena had to ask.

Firmly Ami said, “She’s mine.”

“Ah,” Utena nodded. She looked over the other four women and sweatdropped as they all looked like they wanted to eat her up. “Can I have some time to think about it?” she begged.

Juri smirked, “Certainly, but just don’t take too long.”

To be continued...?

Notes: Based off the manga Princess Princess, with a Utena-like twist. Also, Aoi and Tina Foster are from Ai Yori Aoshi and Ami is from Sailor Moon.