Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ A Few Sweet Moments ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: A bit of fluff here between Juri and Saionji, there is a lot of talking and Juri making the moves on him.

As always, be sure to check out my other works.

R&R!

I I I

The Other Side Of The Picture

Chapter 10: A Few Sweet Moments

I I I

I’ve been lonely, I’ve been cheated

I’ve been misunderstood

I’ve been washed up, I’ve been put down

And told I am no good

But with you I belong

Causeyou help me be strong

There’s a change in my life

Since you came along

A Change In My Life- Lyrics by Bill Straus Preformed by Rockapella

I I I

“Memories.” Saionji echoed the word.

“And if you never come back. “ She slipped an arm from around his neck and reached into her pocket, pulling out a small piece of paper. “Than take this.”

Saionji gently took the small rectangle of paper from the orange haired woman’s hand and looked at it. It was a picture of Juri at a party, looking as if she enjoyed herself and smiling a bit.

“Why are you giving me this?” He questioned.

“So you can have my picture as well.” Juri replied. “And you can remember the one person who bid you farewell when no one else would.”

A moment of silence passed between them.

“So…”

“Whatever.” Saionji replied as he tossed the picture into the small bag that he was taking with him.

“I suppose that outrunning the memories can’t make them go away completely, though it does provide temporary relief.”

‘Why am I doing this? Why in the HELL did I just give him that picture?’

“Memories can be painful. Can’t they?” That seemed to hit Juri where it hurt worst. It seemed as if they were playing cards, and her hand was shown to the world. However, Saionji managed to keep his hidden in the end, and he came up with all aces.

“That was a truthful statement.” Her voice was a bit melancholy.

“In a world where friends torment you.” He looked up. “You can’t really trust anyone anymore.”

‘What in the hell did I just say?’ Saionji’s thoughts berated him.

“You can be on top, but without them…Everything you have seems like nothing.”

“If you have anything at all.”

“The world is our shell…” Saionji spoke.

“And we are the chick, aspiring to break through.” Juri replied.

“If the chick in the egg is already dead.”

“There is no hope for it.”

“Then again, what if the chick really isn’t dead.” The green haired man put a hand on his chin and looked thoughtful. “What if something is keeping it from breaking through?”

Azure eyes looked to Saionji with confusion. “What do you mean?”

“What if the chick is still holding onto life and something is tying to keep it in the shell, allowing it to grow so big that the shell crushed the chick under its expanding weight?”

“Then the chick will eventually die.” Juri replied, mocking Saionji.

“Ha ha…That was damn funny.”

“It’s not my fault you contradict yourself.” The woman spat.

“All I was trying to say was that if the chick had time to figure out what was containing it, it could break through the shell.”

“Now you make sense.” She smirked.

“And find something eternal.” The green haired man’s gaze softened.

‘Or maybe…’ Juri thought. ‘We already have.’

IX.

On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, the shadow girls, A-ko and B-ko inhabited, there was a shadow of a mother hen and an egg, in which the hen was looking at.

The egg began bouncing around.

“Mommy, mommy, help me hatch!” The egg complained.

“I can’t do that dear. You must find the strength to hatch yourself.” The mother hen replied to its unborn child.

The chick slowly poked its head out.

“I did it! I broke through the shell! “The happy chick rejoiced.

“Now, young one.” The mother hen told her child. “You must find the strength to break completely through. The exterior is tough to crack, but once the crack has been made, you can bust through easily.”

The chick hatches completely and jumps up, celebrating.

IX.

At the sunset of that day, the two duelists stood in silhouette against the orange sky. Each one holding a rose of their respected colors.

They both stared into each others eyes, this time, both held a soft look of friendship, and each with a small smile. Both of them giving in to their unsettled feelings. Two hands crossed as both of them held their opposite roses.

“We are the chick.” Saionji smiled.

“The world is our egg.” Juri replied.

They both took the roses from each other. They both spoke in unison.

“For the revolution of the world!”

“Guess this is farewell.” The curly haired woman told him.

“Perhaps it is.” The green haired man replied, sniffing his orange rose with his eyes closed.

“But is good-bye forever?” She asked, holding the green rose.

Saionji smiled his trademark smirk. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

Blue eyes narrowed. “Don’t start with me.”

The kendo-ka laughed a bit. “Juri.”

“Saionji.”

He turned to leave and held up a hand, waving back to Juri. “Good bye, Juri.”

“More like see you later.” Juri replied. ‘I hope.’

“Perhaps.”

The curly haired duelist watched as Saionji walked away, slowly disappearing from sight, clutching her rose, the wind disheveling her hair.

“I hope goodbye isn’t forever. Don’t leave me…I don’t think I can handle another betrayal.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 11:

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. But in situations where the standards of life are slowly changing, can that love prevail?

A/N: Ok, now Saionji is gone…Poor Saionji sniff Bad Tenjou! Bad!

Anyway, chapter 11 is coming up! I finally got Juri and Saionji to the point of friendship, which is good. After their long talk, what they did until sunset is up to the readers to decide. It did hint at things though, so maybe they did something and maybe they didn’t.

Anyway, please R&R!