Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Utena: A New Life At The Academy ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I dug through the clothes in my closet and found the perfect dress. It had a short tight skirt that revealed a bit of leg. It had spaghetti straps too. The dress had an attached mesh wrapped that gave it a little frill. Unfortunately, the dress was black. Not too much went with my hair color. I wished that I had my brother's hair. He looked good in just about anything.

I stripped off my school uniform and rushed to get my dress on. It was kind of a task. The dress had never been worn. It had been sitting a bag for a couple months. My foster mother had bought it for to wear to an awards dinner at my old Academy. I got sick the week of the ceremony and left the school before the next one. I was too much of a tomboy for girls stuff anyway.

The dress felt like a second skin. It formed around my hips and waistline beautifully. It was a little low on the bust line but the straps made sure that it wouldn't fall. The mesh hid some of my chest by crisscrossing. My mother had bought a diamond clasp to hold the lacey shall closed.

"Uwe? Are you in your room?" Saionji was calling for me. His voice was getting closer to my room. I had just slid on my black flats when he entered my room.

My brother looked at me. He looked like he was in shock. "You're going to wear that?!"

I looked myself up and down and than back at him. "You want me to wear nothing at all?"

He shook his head and approached me. "It's not that…It's just that you don't know Touga like I do."

I put my hands on my hips. "Little sister can take care of herself!" I spat. "Besides you're not going anyway!"

I left my brother standing in the doorway of my roof. I was going to go to that party.

The Kiryuu dorm house was all decorated. The building cast it's own warm glow against the night time air. There were so many people dressed up. Everyone was there with the exception of Keiko and my brother.

The Student Council members were eyeing me suspiciously. It was hard to ignore them. Even Nanami would glance over at me from time to time. Just as I was about to approach them, Utena and Anthy had met up with me.

"How are you feeling, Lady Uwe?" asked Anthy.

I felt such strange feelings for her now. I couldn't place where they had all come from. Such hatred. I put as much of behind me as I could. "I'm doing okay." I assumed that everyone knew that I had gotten over a case of the flue.

"Saionji's not here is here?" Utena seemed to be a little angry. "It's just like him to be so self absorbed, that jerk…sorry Uwe."

I smiled. "That's okay." I couldn't argue with her. It was true. "Say, Utena…"

The pink haired girl looked at me. "yeah."

"What's going on with the Student Council? They keep glaring at me."

Anthy looked over Juri, Miki and Nanami, just as they had turned their attention to me.

Utena scratched her head. "They…they're just wondering why Saionji isn't here either…That's all. Well, look. There's Touga." She seemed rather uneasy. This school was becoming very strange. Touga had made his debut and Utena and Anthy headed off to meet him. The two left me standing alone.

"Excuse me." A soft voice interrupted my thoughts.

I turned to look. It was the Student Council member with the short blue hair. Miki smiled at me. He brought two drinks with him and offered me one. I smiled and accepted. "I'm glad that you came."

"Wouldn't miss it." I said as I took a sip.

"How is your brother?"

"He's doing okay. You know. Same ole Saionji."

Miki took a sip of his drink and smiled. We started to talk for a couple minutes. I was beginning to relax a little more until I felt Juri's burning stare on me. "What's wrong with her?"

Miki lost the smile that he had been keeping. "The Student Council is having problems. Has anything strange happened to you or your brother."

"Just a case of the flue." Miki's eyes shifted. "Why?"

He took another sip of his drink. "It's nothing. We'll see you again." He left me and rejoined Juri. I decided to get another glass of punch, and maybe try to talk to Touga and pay my respects.

As I got my new glass I noticed Anthy and Utena talking to the Student Council President. It looked like they were having a pleasant conversation. Utena's face turned beat red in a flash and she left in a maddened huff. Whatever he had said really disgusted her.

"If it isn't little sister." Touga was coming toward me. He was so tall. His eyes seemed to sparkle. His long straight hair extended to his hips. I couldn't help but stare. "It's good to see you…"

"Uwe." I bowed slightly.

"Uwe." His smile was so rich. There wasn't a blemish on his beautiful skin.

"It's good to see you too." I took a sip from my glass and hoped that it wouldn't leave a red mustache on my face. "Saionji couldn't make it. I think he got the flue from me."

"I know how he is." He stepped closer to me. I began to realize how short I was compared to him. I tried not let it bother me. He was just as tall as Saionji…of course both of them were older.

"Utena left in a hurry, didn't she?" I said as I tried to step back a little.

"You really don't look too much like Saionji. It's amazing." I started to blush. He ignored me.

"Yeah, I guess it's the hair." I sputtered.

The president reached over my left shoulder and was fingering my hair. "It's so smooth." He said. His attention was completely drawn to the strands in his grasp. "I've only seen that type of coloring on one other person. Your dress goes nicely." He bent slightly and kissed my forehead.

"AHEM!!!" Touga straightened and glanced around.

I just blushed. I was beside myself again. Of all the days, my brother had decided to make himself known. He was standing with his ankles crossed. Like Touga, he was wearing his Student Council uniform. "Uwe, we're going home!"

"Big brother!!" I was so embarrassed. I stomped my foot.

"Saionji, so glad you could make it!" Touga was smiling ear to ear. "Stay awhile. Your sister and I were just talking about you." The president seemed so genuine.

"I'm sure you were!" He snorted.

Juri, Miki and Nanami approached us. "Saionji, we need to talk to you." Said Juri.

"It's about the Student Council." Said Miki.

"Sorry, I don't care." Said my brother. "Tend to your own business and leave me out of it."

Everyone, including myself, was shocked.

"We're leaving now." Saionji grabbed me by the wrist and escorted me out. I was humiliated.

When we got home, I didn't even feel like talking to him. I went into my room and put on some night clothes.

"Uwe, I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to get to close to him. I couldn't help it."

"Turn off the light on your way out." I told him. I didn't even look back at him as the light went out.

The next morning I rushed off to school. I had a class to teach. I felt like making it a sparring class. Everyone was wearing their gym clothes and their sparring equipment. It wasn't just my brother's actions that made me angry. It was how the Student Council was acting that made me mad too. I went to the party to see Touga again, not be put under a microscope.

I could only stand my fellow classmates for a little while. The class lasted a half hour before I sent everyone to study hall.

I went home. I looked around for Saionji in the large dorm house.

I walked down one of the white hallways and heard some kind of grunting. Saionji was wearing his kendo attire. He had his hair tied back just like the time I saw when he was battling Touga.

He was practicing his striking. He looked like he had been working out for quite awhile. His face was red and I could see beads of sweat in his hair.

"Saionji…I'm home." There was a chair next to the large doorway with a white towel draped over it.. He made this room look like a martial arts studio. His black katana was resting on a special stand. There were a couple mats on the floor to give the room some color. Like everything else, the walls were white. Two of the walls had three huge windows. The glass panels on one side looked out onto a track field. The others showed a strange forest in the background.

"You're home early." He said. He put his wooden sword down.

"I wanted to apologize to you for how I acted last night." I picked up the towel and brought it to him. "I know you're just looking out for me."

He smiled and thanked me the towel. As he dabbed at his forehead with the towel, we walked into our living room and sat down.

"I never noticed that room before."

"Probably because you have no interest in sword fighting." He smirked.

"Yeah, that could be it." I grinned.

The doorbell from the main entrance sounded. "Who could that be?" Saionji asked me.

I shrugged at him. I had no idea either.

I followed my brother to the door. He opened one of the double doors slowly. To our surprise Keiko was standing outside. He knew who she was right off the bat. "You?! So Touga's sending one of his little friends to keep an eye on me now!" He sounded like he might want to hit the girl so I pushed him aside.

"Come on in Keiko." I said as I tried to force on a pleasant smile.

Saionji, Keiko and myself sat down in the small kitchen.

My brother poured us each a glass of juice and sat down next to me.

"Thank you both." She said.

"Is something wrong?" I asked the girl with the pigtails.

"Uwe, how can you be friends with that tyrant?"

Saionji flashed a smug smile.

"What tyrant?" My brother looked like he had an idea of who she was talking about.

"Nanami. I saw you at the party. You were talking to her precious brother. She had her eyes on you the whole time." Keiko was beginning to get upset.

"That's just like her." Said Saionji.

I elbowed him in the side.

"I was just wondering if you had been kicked out of any clubs. She kicked me out of everything!!! That brat!!"

"You like Touga, don't you?" I asked.

She shot me a death look. "I hope you are able to hide your feelings better than me. You might have the same thing happen to you!" Her eyes flashed around the room and fell on the wall clock above my brother's head. "I've got an interview to go to. The Mikage seminar. I just thought I'd let you know about it in case Nanami pulls the same stunt on you. It's at the Nemuru Memorial Hall. The place where one hundred students and their professor died in a horrible fire." Keiko jumped up and ran to the door. "If I were you, I'd obviously think about it." With that she turned and left.

"You don't need any seminar." My brother said. "You stay away from that place and Mikage too."

Mikage? The name sounded familiar. I was able to catch a glimpse of a large creepy building in my memory. Could that have been Nemuru Memorial Hall?

A couple days had passed and I bumped into Keiko and the rest of Nanami's friends. Touga's sister led the others. I wondered what was going in Keiko's mind. She seemed to be happy in the group. She seemed like a different person. It was almost as if her visit to my brother's dorm house never happened.