Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ What do you think? ❯ Subtle praises ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright, I know I'm evil. I know that at the end of chapter five, I said that chapter six would be the last chapter, and in it you would learn what happened to Hibiki. I lied. Sorry. I had originally intended for chapters six and the final chapter to be just one. I had not expected the amount of words that I would create between Mr. Bigvoice and the Overseer, but their conversation had a lot more depth in it than even I would have surmised.
 
Disclaimer: Vandread is not owned by me. Me. Own. No. Vandread.
Sue. Me. No.
Suing. Bad.
Not suing. Good.
Clear? Good.
 
Oh yes, and one final apology, mainly to those that dislike a lack of Vandread characters in one of my chapters. *cough* *cough* Ezequiehl *cough*. After all, that's why we're all here, right?
 
 
 
Chapter seven: Subtle praises
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
The only reminder of whether it was “day” or “night” slowly and methodically made these sounds.
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
The silence of the spaceship Nirvana was absolute, save for the ever-present presence of time being ticked away.
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
A door slowly opened on the constant reminder of our own mortality. Out of it, a wooden bird perched atop a small ledge began to chirp.
 
*Cuckoo*
*Cuckoo*
*Cuckoo*
 
It repeated its trademark noise seven more times. It was now ten in the evening. At such an hour, it would be wise to turn in for the night. Staying up much later would result in an “insufficient quantity of sleep”, which was the Dread team's leader, Meia's, normal excuse for her exhaustion after she constantly pushed herself too far in every training simulation.
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
There was never any change. Each second passed with the same amount of time in between them as the last.
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
Ever unchanging. Simply uninfluenced. Time truly was the master of all.
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
*Tick*
 
*Tock*
 
*Tiiick*
 
*Toooock*
 
The clock apparently needed to be oiled. It was an ancient clock. Built since back before the days of colonization or even space travel itself, it had seen many things. It was housed in the room from the age of colonization on the Nirvana away from all the hustle and bustle of the bridge and hangar areas. However, the clock did see things. Secret things. Sadly, no one would ever be able to ask the clock what wonders it had experienced. For it is a clock. And clocks don't talk.
 
*Tiick*
 
*Tooock*
 
*Tiiick*
 
*Tooock*
 
If anyone was listening to the clock's song, they would notice that another sound was now being mingled with its constant rhythm, or rather, faster than it. It was increasing in intensity at a great speed.
 
*Thump, thump, thump, thump*
 
If the clock had eyes, it would have seen a flash of red and white pass by the entrance to the room. However, the clock had none, for it was a clock. If the clock had ears, it would have been well aware of the sorrow that Dita was feeling. It might have been able to comfort her. Sadly, it was but a mere clock.
 
 
Okay, let the flames begin. Yes, I know it was short. Yes, I know that many of you are getting tired of me not keeping true to me always saying “Just one more chapter, I promise!” But I've been needing to get back to this story for a while. And what better way than by a quick six hundred word chapter?
 
“If you're happy and you know it, review my story!”
 
“If you're happy and you know it, review my story!”
 
“If you're happy and you know it, then your words will truly show it!”
 
“If you're happy and you know it, review my story!”