Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* ❯ ~*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*~ Chapter 13- The Hanged Man ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*

Chapter 13

Hanged Man- A changing situation . A changing style of life. Self-sacrifice

Was it all just a dream or maybe a vision? No, it was real. Van told us that the spirits of his predecessor's had saved us from Sou and Seiji. When he walked me to my room I got the feeling he wanted to say something but he hasn't started the topic yet..

"Ah! There you two are! I would like to speak to you on a very grave matter." called a withered old cat man as he approached Nariya and her sister.

"What can we do for you, Jouchou?" queried the younger twin.

"I have seen many things, kitlings. I have never asked to know about your pasts and judged you upon your actions toward our people. However, the time has come for you to reveal your tales, I will then disclose the reason for this necessity."

Nariya and Eriya were startled beyond speech. They had hoped to start their lives anew but as of late they were unable to escape their pasts. The elderly man ushered them to his tent while they were still stunned and pliable.

"I hope you do not mind if I request that you begin your story from the beginning." continued the Jouchou.

"Well..."started the elder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A lot has changed in my life, Van. I've changed too." sighed Hitomi.

"I know that, Hitomi, and there hasn't been one day since you left that I haven't hoped that your time here hadn't hurt you or that you would be okay when you got back home!" exclaimed Van

"Thank you, Van. You have no idea how much that means to me. I suppose I'm just tired after everything that has happened. I've wanted to see you again for two years but I never thought we'd meet again under these circumstances. " Hitomi looked up quickly when she realized what she had said. "That is...I meant..." stammered Hitomi, blushing lightly.

"It's ok Hitomi. I've wanted to see you too and I'm really glad you're here. Sleep well." replied Van, giving her a kiss on the cheek, causing her blush to deepen. In the past two years he had dealt with more prospective brides than he had ever imagined. However, he had learned to deal with them tactfully and this allowed him to conceal his elation from the young woman, when he heard her words.

*Yes!!* he thought as he left her standing at the door and walked toward his own chamber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is it?" queried Sou as she looked at the spy disbelievingly.

"Yes Mistress!" came the prompt reply from the commanding officer.

"This is quite intriguing. I thought it unlikely that Fanelia would send a non-human to spy upon us." commented Seiji.

"Perhaps they thought they were being clever. Shall we find out?"

"Certainly, sister. Would you like to commence?"

"Very well then. Supai, who sent you here?" queried the girl with venom in her voice.

Supai painfully turned his gaze away from his surroundings to observe his captors. Their expressions were enough to cow even a hardened warrior, which he was not. He knew the fate that awaited him would not change if he answered them or not so he turned his eyes away from the duo and cast a despairing look into the forest surrounding the camp.

"You know you will not live to see the next sunrise.." began Sou

"...but if you speak now we can make your death less painful." continued Seiji.

*Either way I will die. If I reveal that old man's secret to these creatures they may exploit it. I will not bend to their wishes!* thought Supai as he kept his silence.

"Very well then. You have made your choice."

"And you shall suffer the consequences!" declared the siblings as they turned their backs on Supai to speak to the sentinels.

"Leave him in the Pit for the night and watch him closely."

"Once his spirit is broken we will return."

The guard merely nodded. He could not understand what was so unique about the Pit or why the spy seemed to fear it so much. Unlike Supai, he had no magical abilities and could not see the energies that swirled about in the Pit as a result of a powerful spell. Sou and Seiji had chosen this area for the Pit because of the mage energies that converged there. The guard had no knowledge of magic or the power his commanders possesed.

Supai took one last look at the world around him as he was tossed into the Pit. He knew it wold be his last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Flames spread around and licked their way up the walls. The danced across the floor to where Celena stood. She screamed for her brother but no sound emerged. The flames moved closer and closer by the minute but no one came to aid Celena. Without warning, out of the smoke stepped two very familiar figures. The two parted the flames and led Celena toward the exit. They opened their mouths to say...~

"Celena!" a frantic voice broke through the smoke and flames of the dream to startle Celena. Hitomi stood at the bedside with Merle in tow, both had concerned expressions on their faces.

"What happened?" gasped Celena as she shook off the aftereffects of the dream.

"You were screaming for help in your sleep. Are you alright?" questioned Merle.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just had a strange dream involving the past..." trailed off the girl, unwilling to delve into old wounds. She took a deep breath before assuring the other two she was fine. They reluctantly left the room and Celena to her thoughts.

*What a odd dream. Why would those two be in my dreams? I had very little relation to them. They always stayed with Folken! Perhaps they were trying to tell me something...* she mused before drifting off to sleep once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In two other chambers in the same vast palace two stones began glowing in the dark of the night. They illuminated their room and revealed sleeping forms on two beds. The figures began radiating lights similar to the stone's. The lights grew to encompass two wings of the palace. Only a few night birds saw these lights retreat back into the figures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Furousha stumbled through the thick undergrowth of the forest. As usual he had no particular destination, just a direction to walk in for the day. Today's direction was the most direct one away from Nariya's and Eriya's camp. Unexpectedly he heard wild screams whose origin seemed questionable. The screams of agony grew louder and suddenly stopped. Furousha's fear forced him to move in the opposite direction from the screams. It could be assumed that whatever had caught the owner of the screams would come after him next. The adrenaline rushed through his blood as he ran for his life. When he could run no longer he stopped under beside a fallen tree. His limbs shook from tension and the adrenaline still flowing through them. Eventually he could no longer keep himself awake as his malnourishment and weakness took their effects upon him. He closed his eyes shortly before a bear-like creature appeared out of the shrubbery and espied him.

****************************jouchou-elder***************** ******************************************supai-spy************************ ********

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: ok well I want to clear some stuff up first.

Jojo:

I haven't seen the whole series but I read it online and I can't be sure how accurate my info is but I'm trying to use it to bring Nariya and Eriya back to life. If anyone can give me the details of how they died I'd appreciate it. Oh and I also read the Van and Folken claimed that they were the two kings of Fanelia. If that's wrong I'm sorry I messed it up!

Ok well anyway...sorry I took so long to get this out and that it's so short. Been busy and now that I've gotten my grades it'll probably be a few more weeks till the next part comes out. My stories were all deleted off my disk too so I lost my outline. I'll try to work on this more often and please let me know if you find anymore inconsistencies. Remember to review....please..you know how much I appreciate it!! :D

~*~IndianBabeIII~*~