Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* Chapter 15- Seven of Cups ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*

Chapter 15

Seven of Cups-having grand ideas for something; having big plans.

Was it all just a dream or maybe a vision? No, it was real. Merle figured out what I was doing and was ready to tell Van what was really going on in my head....

Furousha groaned when he felt the various aches in his body. Unexpectedly, he felt two sets of hands gripping his head. It was as if he life was flashing before his eyes and a nauseous feeling overcame him. As he struggled against the overpowering feeling, the hands holding his head released it and their owners stepped back so he could see them. His eyes widened in surprise and he shuddered when he took note of their sharp claws and equally sharp canines.

"Who are you?" he asked warily.

The creatures said not a word but continued to observe him, unnerving the man.

As Furousha attempted to rise he found that his arms and legs were held down by an unknown force. He turned to the creatures before him, "I hadn't realized that I trespassed into your camp. I meant no harm so if you would just release me I'll be on my way."

"Unfortunately for you, we cannot do that." rasped the larger of the two.

"You appear to be the one we were searching for and now that we have you, we will not let you go."

*What are they talking about?* thought the aged man to himself but he had not stayed on his throne for years without learning that not every thought should be voiced aloud.

"You shall be the one that helps us reach our goal and rid ourselves of our enemies!" they claimed.

*What goal? Perhaps their enemies are my own...*

~*~*~

Hitomi again turned red and clamped her hand over Merle's mouth before she could reply and hastily replied, "Uh...nothing really. Merle and I were just... talking and got a little...uh...carried away, that's all." As she edged toward the door, still restraining Merle, her hand slipped from the girl's mouth and the girl quickly cried out, "That's not-"

Hitomi again put a hand over Merle's mouth and finished lamely, "..not..not anyone's problem. It's just girl stuff."

From the look on her friends' faces Hitomi doubted they believed her excuse. Meanwhile, Merle continued to struggle in Hitomi grasp until she finally escaped. Before Hitomi could stop her the cat-girl bounded on all fours toward Van.

"Lord Van!" she cried, ducking behind him.

Hitomi, fearing Merle's big mouth, followed close behind, attempting to dodge Van in her efforts to catch the feline.

Behind Van, the cat girl stuck her tongue out at Hitomi, who trailed her by a few feet. Van stood in the middle of their chase, puzzled. "What's this about?" he questioned repeatedly without being answered.

Before Van could fully comprehend what was happening Merle warned from behind him, "Look out, Lord Van!" She then 'accidently' gave him a little push while scrambling back to a safer position.

Van struggled to keep his balance, falling into Hitomi and ruining her stability in the process. No sooner had he steadied himself than Hitomi reached out to do the same. Shortly, he found that he was on the floor with Hitomi pinned under him, blushing a very becoming red.

"You probably shouldn't have done that." commented Allen.

"Why not? Everyone knows they still love each other. I'm just helping them admit it." replied the playful feline, confused about Allen's comment.

"I know how you must feel Merle but remember that they haven't seen each other in two years and I suspect they have problems of their own to work out before they can share their feelings."

"It's just that they both seem so different now, not themselves. It's as if they left all their laughter behind the moment they decided Hitomi should leave Gaea." concluded the cat-girl, dejectedly.

"Hearts are more resilient than one expects them to be, Merle, believe me I know. Once a person finds true love it is hard to let go and once a person is released they find it difficult to love again. Give them some time, they will come around." counseled Allen before turning to leave.

Yobi cast them all a puzzled look before escaping their presence with Celena in tow.

*Oh! I smell another romance!* thought Merle. After glancing toward the couple on the floor and making sure they had not heard her conversation with Allen, Merle made a hasty retreat, warning the servants to leave the love-birds be as she went.

Hitomi was ready to kill a certain cat-burglar with her bare hands until she looked into Van's eyes. Their ruby depths brimming with emotion which surprised Hitomi. Most leaders concealed their true feelings and showed only what would benefit them but Van's feelings were unspoken, revealed only in the ruby fire that held her own emerald orbs. Her thoughts of and feelings for Van which she had hidden away came rushing back, engulfing her in passion and love. As she fought those feelings she felt her efforts were futile. Every moment she continued to gaze into Van's loving eyes she felt as if all her secrets were being laid bare to him.

"Hitomi-" he whispered softly moving forward slowly, his eyes moving down from her lush green eyes to her lips.

Unexpectedly another voice also called out Hitomi's name, but in a far different tone of voice.

~*~*~

Casting a furtive look around the cloaked figured slipped out of the dark tent placed at the far end of the camp. A hand beckoned for a second figure to follow and both soon left the premises, losing any watchers in the forest greenery.

~*~*~

A/N: ok this is rather short. I felt like if I made it longer it wouldn't be too great and it would end up kinda topsy turvy...u know? Anyway *gets down on her knees* sooooo sorry this took forever...I really just went into a blank state during which I couldn't write anything...It was horrible!! Anyway review and let me kno how much u hate me for doing that!

~*~IndianBabeIII~*~