Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ A Pendants Power ❯ Taking Flight to Gaea ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Summary: Hitomi finds out Dilly's intentions, Van gets a little too worried. Also Van has a new shirt that doesn't tear when he decides to extend his wings.

Taking Flight to Gaea

Earth
Hitomi walked across the school yard. It was odd for it to be so wet. She got to get off practice today because of sympathy from Yukari. Of course there was rain but a warm morning wasn't normal. Just one of those days. Hitomi felt it get colder. Now this wasn't normal. Hitomi looked closer at the tree on her right something caught her eye. Someone was there, someone was watching her. She didn't like someone watching her unannounced.
"You are the reason for my trouble, my scar, and my suffering." Said a snake-like voice. Dilandau.
"Dilandau, I thought…" She was cut off.
"They used an experiment. I am not the weak Cerena Shezar." Just how he said it reminded her of a snake.
"But didn't Cerena actually fight you?" Hitomi remarked. She guessed he was a lot older now having someone else's body, he sure seemed like it.
"You see, Dilandau was once a Dragonslayer Lord that loved fire. The sorcerers worked toward that. They achieved perfectly. But they left out two things. They used a girls body and the girls mind was strong and kind that it drove him to madness. That was his faults." Dilandau said coming closer closing the distance between him and Hitomi.
"So," Hitomi said, "now the question is, what are you going to do with me and what are you after this time."
"I have a new reason to live. The pendant, give it to me. Only then I will be able to pass throughout worlds freely. And you won't do any thing about it."
"There is a problem there. I don't have it. I gave it to someone. Someone who could take better care of it and needs it more than I do. I don't have it. And I won't tell you who has it either."
Hitomi broke out into a run. She had one thing against him her speed. She was practically the fastest girl on her team. She ran faster than him, that's what she hoped. But she had her dufflebag with her slowing her down.

Gaea
Van had a bad feeling. Something was happening. There was no way he could let it go. He had to wait though for the crusade. So he and Allen could go see Erise(?) and Millerna.
The crusade could wait. He knew Hitomi was in trouble. He wasn't about to have her get hurt just yet, not ever to think about it. He outstretched his wings. He had gotten better with flying over the year. And he was more open with it. He flapped his wings bringing himself from the ground. Now all he had to do was wish. Wish he could see her again. Wish he could help her in whatever danger she was now in and he was there. He took off.
He could now feel the electricity of the beam of light.

Earth
Hitomi paused as her knees gave way. She was tired. Suddenly something glowed from inside her dufflebag. She opened it up. There inside was a feather. It's whiteness reminded her of Van. Then suddenly she felt it the vast glow and warmth of something near. She didn't even notice that Dilandau now had his sword unsheathed and was charging at her full speed. Then suddenly the wind was out of her. she was holding her dufflebag and flying. Van. She was in his arms. What an odd sight this would be in tomorrow's newspaper. And how much her mom would freak out.
"Van. Land somewhere out of sight." Hitomi said.
He smiled. "ok how about over there?" He asked pointing to the top of the high school. She knodded.
"Hitomi, who was that chasing you?" Van asked.
Hitomi went through telling him everything that went on earlier When she was done he looked pale.
"So Van, what do think about this?" She asked.
"I don't know, this is worse than last time. He will be taking over worlds if he gets it."
"Van, do you think we could fly to my house and I can get my stuff, because I think I need to get to Gaea to figure more things out. And this time i wont be leaving without proper equipment.
Van flew Hitomi to her house just high enough not to be seen. Hitomi was dropped off in her back yard and Van flew up in a high tree to hide. Hitomi said hi to her mom. Her mom was sorta worried for her daughter. Hitomi explained that she was going to spend the night over at Yukari's house, that was a lie. She said she might be back in a few days. A project needed them to finish. Hitomi got her mothers consent. Hitomi ran up to her room.
From her bedroom window Hitomi heard a voice yelling at her.
"Hitomi?! Hitomi are you up there?" It was Yukari.
"Yukari, I cant talk now I am so... sick. yeah." Hitomi said faking some caughs.
"Hitomi Kanzaki. You can't fool me i am coming up there." With that Yukari used the ladder up by Hitomi's back window. "Hitomi, what's wrong with you?"
"Yukari, I want you to cover for me. I will be leaving for a couple of days mabey a week or more. Yukari this is very important, our world may be at stake. Come on please Yukari. You have to help me." Hitomi pleaded.
"Hitomi, you act like you have to save another world, where a very cute prince is helping you, a knight would probably be at your side in a minuet, and an evil lord is after some stone so he can rule over worlds." Yukari said.
"You are wonderful thank you!" Hitomi said hugging her friend. She grabbed her dufflebag and went around and turned everything off.
"Now Yukari, go home and if my mom calls tell her that I am busy with the project. And it will take all week to finish. I will try to be back after a week." 'Oh wait what am i saying? When I come back it would be as if I was never gone.' Hitomi finished her thoughts and ran down the stairs as Yukari half heartedly climbed down the ladder. Hitomi snuck up behind her.
"Yukari, when i get back it wont even be if I wasn't here. But I will practice when it comes to running when I am there." Hitomi hugged her now smiling friend. Yukari ran off to her own house. Hitomi waited until she couldn't see Yukari anymore. When she couldn't she turned to the tree Van was in. When she got there and looked in the tree Van was asleep wings still opened.
This was the first time she had actually seen him asleep. He was actually quite cute when he did it. Hitomi put down her bag.
"You know Van, with you sleeping how can we get things achieved!" She yelled at him. He snapped to attention making him fall out of the tree.
"How graceful are we?" Hitomi asked him jokingly.
"What did you have to get that was so important?" He asked.
"Clothes, so I don't smell bad, shoes, and other female necessities." Hitomi said.
"What's a necessity?" Van asked.
"A necessity is something you couldn't live without. For example, we couldn't breath without trees it is our necessity. Our requirements to live." Hitomi explained.
"Oh." He replied.
"So, any thing happening in Gaea?"
"Yes. First Cerena is going crazy and you and I are having difficulties." Van said.
"Cerena?"
"She kept saying the same thing over and over again. Then she started screaming. I believe from what you say that Dilandau is trying to get into her mind and make her be his eyes." Van observed.
"That might be so, but how are we to keep her with us? We could like keep a blindfold on her when she goes out side or decides to look outside. But that would be cruel."
"Yes cruel but accurate. If she doesn't see where she is then he cant attack us."
"But we are jumping to conclusions, meaning we don't even know if she is under his power yet. So how would we know or not to whether or not she is under him." Hitomi said.
"Your right we should be leaving." He said. She smiled. Suddenly the beam of light came back. And the two disappeared from the Earth…
********************************************************** ****************************
I know I know, I should have done this a LONG time ago but I was sooo clueless. Then hardly anyone took my poll/survey then that made me kinda feel lousy that I haven't updated in like months. But I felt like quitting after The Werewolf but hey…
Next Time: Hitomi and Van get back to Gaea and Hitomi does a tarot reading on Cerena who is coping just a little better from after her attack( A.K.A. her moment of insanity). A strange ship heads toward the crusade.

Next Chapter: The Explanation(may change with mood)