Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ The Train Ride ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
doBanner(); Just In | Directory | Columns | Dictionary [ Find ] Log In | Register Menu - Ad Blocker - Help - TOS - Credits - Privacy Anime » Escaflowne » Angel of the Night text size: (+) : (-) Author: Night of the Raven 1. Default Chapter 2. Author note 3. The Huntress 4. Prince of Darkness 5. The Train Ride 6. A couple familiar faces PG-13 - English - Romance/Horror - Reviews: 44 - Publish date: 05-22-03 - Updated: 10-27-03 story id: 1354591
document.write(''); Thanks to everyone for reviewing.
Dryden, Van, and Hitomi quickly walked to the train station. Van and Hitomi stood outside while Dryden went to get their tickets.
"The Headquarters booked the last train for us." Said Dryden. "Come on, it's leaving soon."
"Oh boy, we wouldn't want to miss it would we?" said Hitomi sarcastically.
"Lighten up Hitomi." Said Dryden cheerfully.
"Why should I?" said Hitomi bitterly.
"What are you being so bitter about Kanzaki?" asked Van. "I'm the one that is going to be surrounded by people that I absolutely loathe."
"Let's just say I don't have very many friends there." Said Hitomi.
"The Elders have forgiven you Hitomi." Said Dryden.
"Yeah right, knowing them they are still bitter."
"What are you two talking about?" asked Van, feeling left out.
"Nothing of your concern." Snapped Hitomi.
"Touchy." Said Van, smirking.
"Boy, you are about to get a formal ass kicking if you keep it up!" said Hitomi.
"Yeah, yeah, don't get your panties in a bunch." Van said smirking.
By this time, Hitomi was glowing red.
"Alright that's it!" she said.
She unsheathed her sword and was about to charge him until Dryden grabbed a hold of her shirt collar.
"Enough Hitomi." Said Dryden.
Hitomi just growled.
Thankfully, they had finally arrived at the train.
"Alright both of you onboard." Said Dryden.
Van went in first and grabbed the very last seat on the train.
Hitomi stood there and glared at him for a moment because she was going to sit there. Then, she sat down in a seat all the way in the front. Dryden shrugged at the two and sat in the middle.
In the first twenty minutes of the train ride, everyone except for Dryden was quiet. Then, as soon as Dryden fell asleep the train fell into a comforting quiet. The two occupants tried to forget the other one was there.
Hitomi was polishing her sword, while Van was looking out the window.
'Why am I doing this?' thought Van. 'I don't have to, so why am I? I'm the Prince of Darkness for cripes sake. I don't have to listen to anyone other then myself, and you know what I say? I'm bailing.'
Van, got up and started to teleport when he saw something land an inch away from his boot. He looked down and saw a dagger imbedded in the floor. He looked up from the dagger to the aisle way. Hitomi was standing there with a mask of indifference on.
"You're not going anywhere." She said coldly.
Hitomi bent and picked up the dagger, only to have it snatched from her grip.
Van was examining it.
"Nice craftsmanship." He said. "Who made it?"
"I did." Said Hitomi.
Van handed it back to her.
"At least you're good at something." Said Van, smirking.
"Yeah whatever."
"Tell me something." Said Van. "How did you.."
"Guess what you were thinking?" asked Hitomi.
"Yeah."
"Well, it's my job as your enemy to know what how you think. How do you think I always find you?"
"I always thought you had a radar or something."
"Sorry but no. I don't make enough money to buy a radar for you. Besides, the chase is half the fun." Said Hitomi, grinning.
"Then you must have a lot of fun with me." Said Van.
"Don't flatter yourself too much Fanel." Hitomi warned.
"Yes Ma'am." Fanel said in a mock salute.
"Jack ass." Hitomi muttered under her breath.
"Did you really put a guy in the hospital for hitting on you?" asked Van.
"Yeah, so?"
"What possessed you to do that?"
"He wouldn't take no for an answer, and.." Hitomi trailed off looking slightly embarrassed.
"And what?" asked Van.
"And I was half ways drunk and pissed."
"Why'd you get drunk? And why were you ticked?" asked Van.
"Has anyone ever told you you ask too many questions?"
"No. Now tell me."
"It was right after I had a little fight with you."
"I'm touched." He said mockingly.
"You're touched alright, in the head that is."
"That wasn't very nice."
"I'm not a very nice person."
"I've noticed." Said Van.
"Really, I didn't think Mister High and Mighty noticed anything." Said Hitomi.
"Well, I do."
"Perhaps you aren't as dense as you look after all." Said Hitomi. "What are the chances of that one."
"Don't be a skank."
"Is that like your favorite word or is your vocabulary that limited that you have to say that all the time?"
"My vocabulary is just fine thank you. I just use that word cause it describes you perfectly." Said Van.
"Yeah right." Said Hitomi. "A may be a lot of things but skank is not one of them. Of course it might be better then bastard, which I believe the definition is a fatherless type figure."
"You bitch!"
At that moment, the train gave an all mighty lurch as it came to a halt, careening Hitomi right into Van, sending them crashing to the floor in a heap.
The next thing Hitomi knew, she was on top of Van staring into his confused chocolate colored eyes. Their lips were mere inches apart.
A look of disgust crossed Hitomi's face and she rolled off of Van.
"Of all the times the train had to stop it had to be then." She muttered under her breath. "Just my luck."
Both Hitomi and Van got up and brushed themselves off.
Hitomi found her dagger, resheathed it and went over to the still sleeping Dryden.
"Wake up." Said Hitomi hitting him in the head. "We're here."
Dryden awoke instantly and looked out the window.
"I guess we are."
Dryden opened the door.
"Welcome to The Headquarters." Well, what does everyone think? I hope you like it. Oh by the way, I'd like to thank a couple people.

SineballZ- thank you so much for your support and guidance

MellerZ, Hitomi-chan, Freelancer47, Dani, Ruby, Sweet Roses, Ryuu Angel, Angelus Griffin, Vinhasse2, Lady Rebecca, and Mini-Moonstar Thank you all for your reviews and support.
Night of the Raven

function select_drop(sel_value) { var storyid = 1354591; var chapter = 5; var userid = 376446; var title = 'Angel+of+the+Night'; var pre = 0; var rev = 1; if(sel_value == 'review') { var toast = window.open('https://www.fanfiction.net/review.php?storyid='+storyid+'&chap ter='+chapter+'&title='+title+'&userid='+userid+'&pre='+pre+'&rev='+rev,'0' , 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,width= 510,height=410,left=312,top=184'); } else if (sel_value == 'abuse') { var toast = window.open('/report.php?storyid='+storyid+'&title='+title,'0','toolbar=0,s crollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,width=510,height=5 10,left=312,top=184'); } else if (sel_value == 'fs') { var toast = window.open('https://www.fanfiction.net/fav_add.php?fs=1&storyid='+storyid, '0','toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,wi dth=510,height=510,left=312,top=184'); } else if (sel_value == 'fa') { var toast = window.open('https://www.fanfiction.net/fav_add.php?fa=1&userid='+userid,'0 ','toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,widt h=510,height=510,left=312,top=184'); } else if (sel_value == 'aa') { var toast = window.open('https://www.fanfiction.net/fav_add.php?aa=1&userid='+userid,'0 ','toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=1,menubar=0,resizable=1,widt h=510,height=510,left=312,top=184'); } } Submit Review Report Possible Abuse Add Story to Favorites Add Author to Favorites Add Author to Author Alert 1. Default Chapter 2. Author note 3. The Huntress 4. Prince of Darkness 5. The Train Ride 6. A couple familiar faces