Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ A Little Vulnerablity isnt Necessarily a Bad Thing ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night of the Raven here. Thank you for the reviews. All of you. By the way give Hitomi a little time and her story will unfold. I'm really happy that everyone likes the story. Keep reviewing.

****************

Angel of the Night

All of the slayers and the vampires were standing out by all the trains. It was time to say goodbye.

"Well Hitomi, I guess this is goodbye." said Allen.

"I guess so." said Hitomi, nonchalantly.

Yukari gave her a hug.

"Hey what do I look like a teddy bear? What's with all the hugs? You can't go around huggin me whenever you guys feel like it."

Yukari wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and sniffled.

"No," Hitomi moaned, "You are not crying."

"I'm not." Yukari said sniffing.

"C'mon suck it up."

"But I can't bear another two years without seeing my best friend."

"Has it really been two years?" Hitomi mused to herself.

"Yeah the last time I saw you was on your 16th birthday."

"Oh yeah, that's right."

Hitomi sighed.

"Ok if it makes you feel any better I'll call you sometime k?"

"Alright."

"Good now let go."

Yukari let out a watery chuckle.

"Whatever you say Hitomi."

Yukari took a step back.

"See you soon." Yukari said cheerfully.

"Yeah yeah now get outta here."

Yukari nodded.

At that moment hands covered her eyesight.

"Guess who."

"A brainless half wit."

"Nope."

Hitomi turned around as the hands uncovered her eyes.

"I was close though."

"Ha ha very funny." Allen said sarcastically.

"Aren't you leaving yet?"

"Yeah. You going to miss me?"

"Like the measles."

"You're so mean to me."

"I'm mean to everyone what makes you think your so special?"

Allen sighed. "Nothing does."

Hitomi looked at him in confusion.

Van in the meantime was having trouble dislodging a sobbing Millerina from him.

"I'll miss you Lord Van. How are you going to survive working with that barbarian?" Millerina said referring to Hitomi.

"I'll bear with it."

"Still, won't you be lonely without any of our kind around you?"

"I'll be alright now go."

Millerina just sobbed louder. Van rolled his eyes and muttered to himself. Then he spotted Hitomi looking at him with a very amused look in her eye. That other slayer, Yukari, was laughing hysterically.

"Grow up Millerina." said Dilandau, irritably.

Millerina sniffled one last time and finally let go of him.

Hitomi watched as that vampire, Millerina or something like that, was clinging all over Van. It was a funny sight. How girls can stoop so low was beyond her but like they said, to each his, or in this case, her own.

Yukari and Dilandau got on the first train, Allen and Millerina the second, which left Hitomi and Van with Dryden on the last.

"Oh great." Hitomi heard Van mumble. "We get Mr. Sunshine again. Just perfect."

Hitomi suppressed a smile.

They both loaded onto the last train. They greeted by Mr. Sunshine himself.

"So…………." said Dryden.

"So what?" said Hitomi.

"You two are paired up."

"Yeah." said Van. "Point being……….."

"Nothing."

"Good." said Van.

Hitomi sat in her seat in the front. Van moved to go to the back when Dryden stopped him.

"You two have to sit together since you're partners now. You have to protect each other, and get to know each other."

"Can't we just do this and get it over with without knowing each other?"

"I'm afraid not."

Van sighed and ran his fingers through his midnight colored hair. He sighed and quietly walked over to where Hitomi was sitting. She had her gloves off and was running her fingers down the identical gashes on each palm. Her emerald eyes were so sad, Van almost wanted to take her in his arms and take all the sadness away.

"Mind if I sit here?"

Hitomi looked up and quickly put her gloves back on so he couldn't see her palms.

"It's a free country."

"So, err….what happened to your hands?" asked Van trying to make conversation.

Her green eyes flared with anger.

"It's none of your business." she snapped.

"Sorry." Van said angrily.

Van pulled out his dagger and started examining it.

Hitomi knew he didn't mean any harm but, but it still made her upset. She still couldn't talk freely about her past not even to Yukari. The memory was still to painful. Still, she was a little harsh.

Hitomi took out her dagger and started fiddling with it.

She took a deep breath.

"When I was a little girl, a vampire sliced both of my palms and drank my blood. I still haven't got over it. That and they………"

Van waited for her to continue but she didn't .

"I'm sorry I asked." he said sympathy heavy in his voice.

"You didn't know. It's alright."

Van continued to examine his own dagger.

"Could I see that?" asked Hitomi.

"Sure."

Hitomi looked at the dagger for a bit. Her slim fingers went from the blade to the hilt. To letters were carved into the hilt.

"V.F? Oh for Van Fanel right?"

"Yeah."

"What's it made out of?"

"A light kind of steel."

"How did you get it so light?"

"Most of it is nickle."

Hitomi handed the dagger back and looked out the window.

"Back at the headquarters, didn't you say something about slayers having their house symbol tattooed on them?"

"Yes."

"Where is yours?"

"My shoulder."

"Oh."

Hitomi went back to looking out the window.

"Were those two slayers your friends?"

"I guess you could say that."

"How did you meet them?"

"At the headquarters ten years ago."

"You were how old?"

"Eight."

"What were three eight year olds doing at that kind of place?"

"Yukari and Allen's parents took them there to teach them that vampires are their enemies."

"Was it the same for you?"

"No." she said quietly. "I lived there."

"What?! You lived there?!"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"I was orphaned at an early age."

"Oh."

Again, Hitomi avoided his eyes and looked out the window. She didn't want to see the pity there.

**************

Well tell me what you think. I put just a little of her past in. You'll have to keep reviewing to find out more.