Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ New Neighbors and a Rakish Vampire ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night of the Raven here. Thanks for reviewin' guys. W/b means write back. Thought id let you guys know since some people didn't know. Anyway, my story Dhampir on fiction press.com is goin well but anyway lets get on with it shall we? BTW I havent put up a disclaimer about not owning Escaflowne cause I don't believe its necessary. We all know that I don't own it. So anyway…..

*******

At the end of the day, Hitomi grabbed her leather jacket and headed home. She plopped down on the couch and popped a dvd into her dvd player. She quickly popped some popcorn and sat down to watch the movie.

"Nothin better then Blade." she said to herself. "It's about time I watch someone else do the fighting anyway."

During the middle of the movie, Hitomi started hearing a bunch or thumps and rattling. After about two minutes she got sick of it and went to the door next to hers in the hall and banged on the door.

She was surprised at who answered.

"Fanel!" she exclaimed, pointing at him.

"Kanzaki." he acknowledged.

"What the heck are you doing here?"

"I'm moving in."
"Right…. May I ask why?"

"Dryden called me. The thing that's doing this whole operation thing is more active in the this town. He said I have to protect you."

"That's it I'm pissed. Protect me." she snorted. "Yeah right."

Hitomi turned around and was started marching back to her apartment.

"Not a people person are you?"

"What?" she snapped impatiently.

"You hate it when people diss on humans yet you act like you hate them. Why is that?"

"Why do you care?" she countered.

"Why are you fascinated with vampires if you hate them?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why do you answer my questions with another question?"

"Why don't you mind you're own business?"

"Do you not answer them because the answer hurts?"

Hitomi threw up her hands and opened up her apartment door intending to walk in.

"Oh I have something of yours by the way."

"Of mine?"

"Yeah."

Van left and came back a minute later with a book he checked it at her. She caught it and looked at it. It was her book Blade.

"I must of forgotten it at school." she said absently.

"Yeah you did."

Hitomi just blinked once. Then a very bored look came to her face.

"Oh that's right you're here aren't you?"

"What no thank you?"

"Nope."

"Well the virtuous never get thanks from the un virtuous do they?"

Van mock sighed.

"I hate you, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know."

"It figures."

A quietness came over the two.

"Why did you talk to me in the train?" Hitomi finally asked.

"Dryden said to get to know you."

"Why?"

"So we could work together more efficiently I guess."

"Makes sense."

"Yeah."

Another silence moment descended between them.

This time, Van was the one to break it.

"Listen all of this is happening way to fast. Maybe we should talk and try to be civilized to each other."

Hitomi nodded.

"Yeah that would be good."

"well, whenever you're free."

"I'm not doing anything now."

"Well then, lets go." Van walked toward her door.

"In my apartment?"

"Yeah."

"Why not yours?"

"I'm still moving in."

She sighed.

"Alright alright."

Hitomi opened the door and bowed mockingly.

"After you your Highness."

Van scowled. and stepped into her apartment. There was a nice clean living room, a small hallway that looked like it lead to two or three doors. Then there was another door diagonal from the entryway. Van assumed it was the kitchen but wasn't sure.

"Quaint." he said, yawning.

Hitomi grinned.

" Just wait until you see the kitchen."

"What's so special about that?"

Hitomi opened the door that was diagonal, confirming Van's thoughts. There were weapons of all kinds strewn about the room.

Van raised his eyebrows at Hitomi.

"Haven't had time to clean."

"You will now. There will be no killing vampires in my presence."

"That's fine and dandy as long as you don't suck the blood out of people in mine."

"There is no problem there." he said softly.

"Right…….."

Van looked around the living room a bit more and grinned when he saw her t.v screen.

"You really are obsessed with vampires aren't you?"

"Oh shut up!"

Van sat down on the couch.

"I've never seen this movie."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah."

"You have no idea what you're missing."

Van grabbed the bowl of popcorn.

"Now I do."

"Hey! That's mine!"

"Mine now."

"Uh uh, give it back!"

She quickly grabbed the bowl away from him and sat in a chair.

"Take it easy, I can't eat it anyway."

"Is that so?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah, you didn't know?"

"I kill vampires, not study them."

"The way you act," he gestured to the t.v, "I'd think you were fascinated by them."

"I am a bit actually."

"Hmmm, is that so?"

"Yes."

Van got up off the couch and leaned in close to her. So close in fact, that his mouth was just inches away from her ear.

"Then do I fascinate you?" Van asked softly and a little huskily.

Hitomi could feel his warm breath in her ear. She shivered. She did not like the way her body was acting. His voice was doing something indescribable to her and she didn't like it one bit.

"No." Hitomi said a little shakily.

'Oh come on Kanzaki get a backbone.' she shouted to herself mentally. 'You have hated him forever. Why quit now?'

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." she said still shakily, but a little firmer.

Van chuckled.

"Haven't you ever heard of personal space? Three foot bubble here."

Van pulled away grinning.

"Just wipe that smirk off your face and sit down and watch the movie."

The next morning, Hitomi threw a throw pillow at Van to wake him up.

"Wha?!" was his intelligent response as he jolted up.

Van looked up hazily to a fuming Hitomi.

"You fell asleep on MY couch!"

The first thing Van noticed was her attire. She was wearing Nike black tennis shoes, black tight flares, and a black shirt.

"I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either." he said reading her shirt.

"Depends on what kind of pleasing." Van said looking up and down her body rakishly.

Hitomi rolled her eyes and threw another throw pillow in his face and walked away.

Van watched her walk away with a grin on his face.

He was just teasing her. His tastes ran in the more air heady type.

********

Tell me what you all think. Ummmm well gotta go. BTW=by the way im really urgin you guys to check out Sweet Roses' story on fictionpress.com. See ya

^_^ Night of the Raven