Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

"Well, let's find those seats." Zire grabbed Angel and Ebony's hands and dragged them to their seats.

"To win, one fighter must be knocked out of the ring or unconscious." The announcer said as the first two fighters entered.

The friends waited through two matches before Kay came on. He walked up to his opponent, Mark, and both boys bowed. As soon as the bell rang Kay took a ready stance. Mark took a similar one. The bell rang a second time and both boys lunged at each other. Kay threw a punch at Mark's stomach and, while he was doubled over, kicked him in the head. Mark fell on his side before jumping up and kicking at Kay. Kay jumped over the kick and used Mark's chest as a springboard to get away. The force of Kay's jump forced Mark back and out of the ring.

"Out of the ring!" The announcer yelled into his mike. "Kay Satou wins his first match!"

The three friends in the stands cheered, but they knew that it had been an easy match for Kay.

They watched and waited through a lot of matches until Kay's last battle. It was against one of the older boys from their school, Jock. As soon as the bell rang they jumped at each other. Kay threw a few punches and gave a scissor kick to Jock's head. Kay's smaller size was an advantage here because he could attack and get out of the way before Jock could attack back, but Jock just blocked the punches and bent down to avoid the kick. As he bent down he swept his leg out and tripped Kay who then kicked his feet into Jock's stomach. Kay slammed his fists down on Jock's head and was about to punch him in the back when he rolled away. Jock flipped up and jumped away from a kick aimed at his head. He then flipped over to Kay, grabbed his head between his feet and flipped him over onto his back. Jock ran over to Kay and punched him in the stomach. Kay jumped up and away to recover. By now both fighters were panting. Suddenly Jock rushed at Kay. They locked arms and began pushing back and forth. Kay then kicked Jock in the knees and, once they buckled, pushed him to the edge of the ring. By the time Jock got back up, he was teetering on the edge of the ring. Kay looked up into Jock's face and saw that he was smiling. Before Kay could think of why, Jock had ducked down and lifted Kay of the ground. Here Kay's size worked against him, as he couldn't get out of the strong grasp. Jock let go of Kay who fell to the ground and landed on his head. Kay lay there for a minute while his head cleared. When the ringing in his ears stopped he could here a mix of cheers and groans from the crowd. When he opened his eyes he saw them, but now they were above him. He had fallen out of the ring.

"Out Of The Ring!" The announcer's voice brought Kay back to his senses. "The paramedics are just going to make sure Kay is alright. That fall on his head must have rattled his brain a bit."

"Kid." Kay looked up to see a man in white. The man waved his hand in front of Kay's face and put up two fingers. "You okay? How many fingers do you see?"

"Two." Kay answered groggily.

"Good. Now don't move. I want to get that bump checked out."

"Kay! Kay!" Angel's voice made Kay lift his head up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he answered. "I'm fine."

"Then how come you're lying on the ground surrounded by paramedics?" Zire's joking tone brought Kay's attention to his other two friends. Both had worried looks on their faces.

"No. Really. I'm fine." Kay struggled to get up.

"Don't move!" The paramedic gently pushed him back down. "You might have a spinal injury. Wait until we get the stretcher so we can get you checked out."

"Listen to them, Kay." Ebony said gently. "They know what they're doing."

"Fine." Kay answered grumpily. `But you guys go on and have lunch. I'll join you once I get out."

"Sure." Angel said. "Just make sure you get over before Zire eats all the food."

"Hey!" Zire playfully punched Angel on the shoulder.

"Okay." Kay said as more paramedics rushed up with a stretcher. They carefully lifted him off the ground and onto it before rushing back to the medical tent.

"We'd better get going." Ebony said. "We're not doing any good here." She turned and headed back to their seats to grab their lunch.

"Coming." Zire and Angel replied together.

Once they had retrieved their lunch they went to Green Ravine. Green Ravine was a twenty-foot deep cut in the earth. On either side there were green fields. The ravine went half way through town before levelling out into a forest, which encircled the town. The ravine itself was rocky with dangerous cliffs. The only way the friends were allowed to go there was if they stayed away from the edge. No problem. They preferred to climb down the safer paths.

"I always love coming here." Ebony told her friends. "It's so beautiful."

"Yeah," Zire replied. "And at this time the light should be at just the right angle to see…" His voice trailed off as they saw the ravine. The sun was shining into it so that the green gems in the sides, which gave the ravine its name, reflected the light, making everything a brilliant green. The crystals jutting out created rainbows on the sides of the ravine.

"Takes your breath away, doesn't it?" asked a woman's voice. The three turned around to see a short woman with brown-black hair, and a taller man with brown hair.

"Andy! Kyra!" Angel ran up to the man and gave him a hug. "What are you two doing here?"

"I couldn't miss my little sister's big day, now could I?" the man asked.

"Besides," the woman added. "I was getting tired of Andy fussing over me. I need to prove that I'm capable of looking after myself."

"But, Kyra, you shouldn't be out in the hot sun like this."

"I'm pregnant. Not an invalid."

"Ah, but he'll treat you like one until the day that kid comes out."

"Kay!" Ebony ran up to Kay who had just appeared. "Are you alright?"

"Yup. Everything checked out. Nothing's broken. Just a dislocated shoulder, which they fixed."

"You sure?" Andy asked. "You took quite a fall."

"Luckily I managed to land more on my back than my head."

"Well. If you're sure."

"Positive."

"Alright."

"Hey, are we going ta eat?" Zire asked. "I'm getting kinda hungry."

"Ha, surprise." Angel replied.

"Hey! Wait for us." Another couple walked up.

"Mom! Dad!" Angel launched herself at her parents. "What did you think?"

"I thought you were wonderful." Alexia said as she hugged her daughter.

"Dad?"

"Good. You need just a bit more practice." Carlos looked down at his daughter's fallen face. "But you're still good."

Angel's face broke into a giant smile. Her father had just given her the biggest complement possible.

"Mr. Jace?" Carlos looked up at Zire. "Did you see my dad?"

"Yes, but he had to go back to work. But he said you may go on the trip."

"YES!!!" Zire jumped up, pumping his fist in the air. He had been looking forward to the trip all month. Angel, Zire, Ebony and Kay were going camping, starting the next day, for five days, in celebration of Angel's birthday.

For the next hour everyone just ate and talked. They listened to Kyra's stories of how Andy had been watching her every move like a hawk and how he wouldn't let her do anything for herself.

The topic then switched to the kids' work.

"How are you doing at the Magic Shop, Angel?" Andy asked.

"Fine." She replied. "Varel said she wanted to see me tomorrow before we go."

"Well you can't keep your boss waiting."

"Trust me, I know." Angle said shuddering. "Last time I was late I had to sort the animal organs."

"And we so needed to know that." Zire said.

"Everyone please return to your seats. The next event is about to start." The announcer's voice rang out over the area.

"Guess that's all for lunch." Alexia said. "Let me help you clean up."

"Thanks Mom." Angel started putting the leftover food away. Then everyone was helping and laughing and having a great time. It was the perfect day.