Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Can't Live Without 'Em ❯ The Sword ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Can't Live Without 'Em




A/N: Since I have some free time (who'd have thought that free time existed?) I decided to pump out another chapter even though I have not been reviewed for the first three. (Hey, at least I'm dedicated!) It's Van and Hitomi's one year anniversary but low and behold the King's royal sword has gone missing.

Disclaimer: See chapter 1

The Royal Sword

Hitomi! Van screeched as he ran into the dining hall. Through his panic he was annoyed that his wife had stayed so calm during his hasty entrance.
Hitomi sipped at her tea and cut into her breakfast. What is it Van? You don't have to shout. Some people are still sleeping you know.
I think that I'm authorized to shout Hitomi! I looked over to see my sword when I woke up this morning but it wasn't there!
Hitomi looked up abruptly at her husband, trying hard to keep from smiling at the worry on his face. How could it not be there Van? You put it there last night. I saw it when I went to bed. I doubt that someone came into our room in the darkest hours of the night and stole the family sword. We would've heard them. She could hardly keep from bursting into laughter.
But it wasn't there! We have to find it!
Of course we have to find it, Van, but isn't there a certain event coming up that you should be preparing for?
Not that I can think of. Besides, how can I think of some other event when my sword is missing.
Hitomi grew angry. Wasn't it just like a man to forget such an important date? She stood and slammed her fists onto the table. I think that a new sword can be made Van. You might want to rattle your recalcitrant brain for a few hours and figure out what event that I'm speaking of. Until such a time I think that you can sleep some where else.
What's with her? Van asked Merle as she came in and Hitomi stormed out.
Merle looked offended herself. You really don't know? You may be a King but you sure have a numb skull.
What do you mean? What's with you two? My sword is missing and I want it found! I can't just have a new one made, it wouldn't be the same. That was my father's sword, and my grandfather's. You get the point! I have to get everyone looking for it right away. What if some thing happens and I don't have my sword?
News flash Van. There's about a thousand swords in the castle armory.
But they're not my family sword. I have to get looking for it.
Merle rolled her eyes and decided to give the hapless king a hint. On your way out you may want to look at a calendar. You may find it of a great reference.
With a look that said Merle was crazy plastered onto his face, he left, anxious to find his sword. He completely tossed aside the thought of looking at the calendar on the wall beside the rack where his sword usually hung. It would've given him the answer as to where his precious possession had gone.
For days he searched high and low for his sword in the most frantic manor. Hitomi didn't even have to remind him that he was forbidden to enter their room seeing as to he slept where ever he fell at the day's end. On the fifth day he was beginning to give up hope.
He walked to breakfast with a grim feeling and kissed Hitomi's cheek before he took his seat, taking a moment to realize that there was a present sitting before him instead of a plate. It was from Hitomi.
And what is this exactly? he asked, though he didn't really care. All he wanted was his sword back.
Why don't you open it and find out? It's your present.
With an air of disinterest about him he tore the package open. At the sight of the box's contents he immediately grew happy. It was his sword! Not only that, it was polished and it's edge was more keen than it had been in years. Hitomi! How did you-?
Happy anniversary, Van. I wanted to have your sword fixed up all nice for the occasion, seeing as to there is a party being thrown for us by your advisors.
Van choked on the words he was about to speak. Anniversary? It's our anniversary?
Hitomi looked vaguely annoyed. Yes. Perhaps you merely forgot to read the calendar in your haste to find your sword.
With promptitude, Van stoically raced out of the room and ripped open the door to the room that he shared with Hitomi. He looked at the calendar and paled. It was in fact the couple's one year anniversary. How was he going to make this up to Hitomi? No wonder she had been upset.
It was with shame that he walked back down to breakfast and sat down next to his wife. Hitomi, I'm so sorry. I've been such an superficial fool. I don't think that I'll ever be able to make it up to you. How will you ever be able to forgive me?
Hitomi gave him a sly, side long glance. Oh, you'll make it up to me.
A look of curiosity filled his chiseled features, but slowly it gave way to a sort of fear. In what way?
Hitomi gave him a malicious grin. She obviously had something up her sleeve.

A/N: Okay. Any and all readers may decide Van's fate for themselves. I couldn't think of anything. Sorry guys. (My twin sister thought of one thing but it wasn't exactly appropriate for this rating.)
Tamara: WHAT?! It made sense to me!!!
Sparkling Twilight: Some people don't like to read that smut, Tamara!
Tamara: You don't have to go into detail!!!
Sparkling Twilight: This from the girl who thought up the idea. * heavy sigh *
Tamara: I can have David scare you again!!!
Sparkling Twilight: Keep your boyfriend out of this! I WILL get him back!
Tamara: You want a piece of me?! Huh? Huh?!?!
Sparkling Twilight: Oh Puh-leze. I've whooped you before and I can do it again. Oh! Sorry Guys! Anyway, I hope this chapter was to your liking. * glares at twin *. Hope that you'll review.
- Sparkling Twilight