Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian Connection ❯ The Connection ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
*Author's Note; I do not own or have any thing to do with "Escaflowne" except this fanfic.*


"Hitomi, don't do it!"
"But Van, if it's true the power of Atlantis can be revived for the good of Gaea."
"But, Hitomi."
"Van, please! Just this once. For me?"
"Alright." Van sighed looking down at the ground trying not to make eye contact with Hitomi.
"Hitomi! Come on! it's time!." Gades yelled.
Hitomi looked behind her at Gades.
"Coming!" she yelled back.
"Van, I'm sorry." she said. Hitomi ran towards the room Gades and Merle were in. Van looked up at Hitomi running towards Merle. His eyes slowly started getting watery, as if he was going to cry.
"You ready Hitomi?" Gades asked.
"Yeah, but --" she said and looked down un-finishing her answer.
"Good, let's get started. Come on Merle." Gades said walking out of the room with Merle and leaving Hitomi. She sat in a chair in the room alone.
"Okay. Hitomi concentrate and start--" Gades said in the P.A. that was connected to the room which Hitomi was in. "Van, what's that thing Hitomi does again?" Gades asked
"Its called "Dousing."" Van answered not looking up at him.
"Oh, yeah. Thanks" Gades said nervously.
"Start dousing, Hitomi" Gades said on the P.A.
Hitomi started to close her eyes. Gades started playing some music chanting a mystical ancient text from Atlantis over the P.A. Merle and everybody watched Hitomi in the room through the glass except Van. He didn't believe that anything would happen. He couldn't stand them using Hitomi like a lab rat. Hitomi suddenly started to stand up out of the chair and started floating, flying in the room. Merle gasped, afraid for Hitomi. Hitomi's eyes stayed shut suddenly Hitomi started doing hands signs in the air with her hands, then wings pushed out of her back like Van.
"Is she a Draconian?!" Gades said staring into the room.
Van suddenly looked through the glass and started watching Hitomi. Merle held onto Van and squeezed his sides when she was afraid. Hitomi started to form a person. It started appearing it was another Draconian! Van wasn't able to identify who the other draconian was. The other Draconian smiled and turned around and looked at Van, then turned around looking at Hitomi and handed her a mystical crystal. The Draconian started spouting out and speaking the language of Atlantis. The crystal started glowing as the mysterious draconian kept on talking. Then the crystal started floating above hitomi still glowing. The draconian grabbed and took Hitomi's pendant off around her neck the pendant started floating spinning and circling the crystal from Atlantis. Then, the pendant slipped into the crystal becoming one. The crystal glowed so brightly Gades, Van and the others couldn't see what was going on. The brightly glowing crystal stopped glowing there in its place floated a green energist. It floated into the heart of the mysterious draconian. Then Van looked at Hitomi, worrying, wondering what would happen next. The draconian then merged with Hitomi! Everyone gasped. Merle tugged on Van's arm.
"Is she gonna be okay Lord Van?" she asked.
"I don't know Merle. I don't know. "He answered Merle trying to keep his fear hidden.
Then Hitomi disappeared! All that was left was the green energist in Hitomi's place.
"Gades! What's happening?!" Van yelled in fear.
"I-I don't know." he replied staring at the green energist were Hitomi was. They all starred at the energist to see what would happen hoping that Hitomi would come back. At that moment, the wings of a draconian formed out of the energist. Then the full body came out of the energist. Van starred at the draconian with tears in his eyes. Tears of joy, for the draconian whom appeared was, his mother; Varie!
"M- mother?" Van said starring at his mother's form.
Varie turned around facing Van and everyone else.
"Van, I miss you very much. My son you have the power to overcome your fear, but you lack your own self-confidence. Why my son? I believe in you. You have come so far, why stop now? You can do it. We all believe in you, my son. Your troubled heart and pain inside has to stop if you want to overcome the big obstacles in your life, to come. I love you Van. You must never forget that." she said smiling at Van.
Suddenly Varie disappeared in a flash of light as fast as lightning.
"Mother! Come back! Come back." Van yelled, crying, kneeling on the ground.
Hitomi appeared in Varie's place with the wings of a draconian.
The wings then disappeared and went in Hitomi's back. Hitomi fell to the ground quickly. Van got up and ran to the door and went into the room and opened his wings and flew to catch Hitomi before she hit the ground. He set her down gently on the ground and looked at Hitomi. Hitomi was unconscious for awhile. Van held her hand and kissed it lightly with a single tear slip down his cheek. He whispered quietly
"I love you Hitomi, never leave me."
Hitomi slowly woke up soon afterwards in the room lying on the ground with Van kneeling beside her with his wings of an angel still showing.
"Wha- what happened?" she said feeling light-headed looking up at Van.
"Nothing, it's ok." Van answered her, smiling happily.
(2 days later)
"Hitomi, I got the results of the DNA tests that I had gotten from your blood cells and the test we took when you lost conciseness. I don't know how to tell you this but, you have the soul or spirit of Van's mother inside of you." Gades said to Hitomi.
Hitomi gasped looking frightened.
"What?! How?" she said surprised.
"We took a sample of Van's blood and some of yours then mixed them in a petry dish in the lab. Then we analyzed the blood from Van's mother, Varie, before she had disappeared into the forest to never return. You and Van's blood ended up the exact same blood as Varie's." he answered. "Some how it turned out to match Varie's blood, exactly! I'm not sure how but it's true. We also got that feeling because, well, when you where in the room your body turned into Varie's, showing us that you two were connected somehow." he said.
"D-does Van know this?" Hitomi asked.
"He always knew, he just didn't want to admit it to himself. But now I guess he has too. Because he saw it happen." Gades said as he walked away slowly.
Hitomi sat there thinking about how and the reason why Varie would supposedly want to live in her, is it because she's the one who shall revive the power of Atlantis. So many questions, where would Hitomi be able to get the answers that she seeks? Varie's dead, Hitomi doesn't see how she could awaken the power of Atlantis. Maybe Varie thought that Hitomi could do as her spirit asks her to do and awaken it, the power of Atlantis. She doesn't see how. Millions of questions to ask and flowing through Hitomi's head. She was puzzled be the questions in her heart of fear, pain, sorrow, and the past. Then Merle entered Hitomi's quarters, quietly, smirking, nervously.
"Hitomi, I like you as a friend but, I'm worried that something's wrong with you. Are you feeling sick?" Merle asked Hitomi worriedly.
"No, I'm fine Merle." Hitomi answered looking curiously at Merle.
"Oh, okay. Good! 'Cause we got a surprise for you!" Merle said with a giant smile on her face.
"Oh? What is it?" Hitomi asked.
"Well if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" Merle said.
"Good point. Merle-" Hitomi said leaning towards Merle and then whispered in her ear; "Who's "we"?" Hitomi then sat back smirking at Merle.
Merle looked at Hitomi.
"You'll see." Merle answered smiling.
"Oh come on! Merle, can't you tell me something?!" Hitomi said.
"Nope! Come on! Hurry up!" Merle said running out of the room.
"Merle, wait! Wait for me!" Hitomi said getting up out of her chair running down the long dark hallway after Merle.
"Merle wait up!" Hitomi said still running after Merle.
Hitomi was slowly losing sight of Merle. The hall wasn't lit; it was too dark to see anything.
"Merle! Merle, where are you?!" Hitomi called out in the dark hallway. Hitomi tugged on the rope of her pendant and wished to find Merle. All of the sudden the lights in the hallway lit up. Hitomi stood there turning around looking for Merle. To find out where she was heading.
"Merle!" Hitomi called, then heard something.
She turned around to see the end of the hall. There Hitomi saw the end of Merle's tail sticking out.
"Merle! Wait!" Hitomi yelled out running towards Merle's tail.
There Hitomi turned the corner, she saw Merle running down the hall ahead of her.
Merle looked back at Hitomi.
"Come on slowpoke, your almost there!" Merle yelled down the hall to Hitomi.
Merle started running again and disappeared into thin air! Hitomi ran even faster than before to catch up with Merle. Soon Hitomi stepped onto the dark place where Merle disappeared. Where am I? Hitomi thought to herself. Then a door closed off the passage to the lit hallway.
"Hey! Let me out! Let me go! Please somebody help! Help me!" Hitomi screamed and yelled and kicked the door.
Hitomi then heard clanking and metal clashing together.
"Ah!" Hitomi fell to her feet from a bump on whatever she was on.
(4 days later)
Light sprung through a window. Hitomi was sleeping on the cold metal floor.
"Huh?" Hitomi slowly woke up from the light shinning through the window.
"Oh, your awake. Sorry Hitomi." Van said looking at Hitomi with a small smile on his face.
"Van? What are you doing here?" Hitomi asked sleepily.
"Nothing, just, I can't tell ya." Van answered
"Why? Why can't you tell me? It's Merle isn't it? What's going on Van? Please tell me." Hitomi said eagerly.
"Because Merle told me not to talk about the surprise. That's what you want to know about, isn't it?" Van asked looking at Hitomi.
"There is that, but when am I going to see it, what is it?" Hitomi asked wanting to know more about this surprise.
"Hitomi, I don't even know what the surprise is, she said the surprise is for me too. I wonder about it too. But she said today where arriving to where this surprise is." Van said.
"Oh, thank you Van, for telling me what you know about it." Hitomi said thankingly.
Van walked over to Hitomi and sat against the wall beside her and sighed.
"What do you think the surprise is Hitomi?" Van asked curiously.
"I don't know. I guess it's something big." Hitomi said looking up at Van.
Van looked back at Hitomi.
"Yeah. I guess." Van said to her.
Van and Hitomi heard a sudden knocking at the door of the room.
"Hitomi, Van? Merle asked me to go get you both. She said something about a surprise and how it's time to show you." Gades said through the door.
"Okay, thanks Gades." Van said on the other side of the door.
Van got up and stood up. He looked down to Hitomi who was still sitting on the ground. Van held out his hand out to her. Hitomi took his hand, Van helped her up off the floor.
"Thanks Van." Hitomi said.
They both went through the door sleepily and walked to the bridge of the "crusade." They saw Merle and looked at her eagerly.
"So, Merle... what is it?" Hitomi asked.
"What's, what?" Merle said trying to cover her surprise up.
"Oh come on Merle, tell us, I'm tired and I'm not a morning person." Hitomi said joking around with Merle's head.
"Okay! Okay! I'll show ya." Merle answered not wanting to know what Hitomi does to prove that she's not a morning person.
"Show?" Van asked looking at Merle curiously.
"Yep, come on." Merle took Van and Hitomi's hands and brought them to the bow of the "crusade" to show them.
Van looked out downwards. What Hitomi and Van saw was a gigantic city, big enough to be a country. With people living in houses, children playing happily in the streets, adults shopping in the market area, people smiling and greeting each other happily. There on a hill far ahead stood a castle over-looking the mysterious place. The castle had a giant garden in the back, there was a little area with a caravan with a turquoise/blue roof which was by a pond with a waterfall by it. Van starred at it, gasping. Tears of joy formed in his eyes. Hitomi looked at it wondering what this place was. Van soon fainted. Hitomi looked at Merle.
"Merle, what is this place?"
Merle turned facing Hitomi and smiled
"It's, Fanelia." Merle replied.
"What?! I-I thought that it--"
"Burned down, and destroyed by the invisible guys from Zaibach? It was but we need a place to stay other than Asturia.Van needed a kingdom to rule over, cause he's a lord, a king. So I got the idea of rebuilding it and with a bit of help we made my idea come true." Merle explained to Hitomi.
"So this is what Fanelia looked like?" Hitomi asked curiously.
"Yup." Merle answered happily looking at Hitomi with a slight smile on her face.
Van's home, country, history happened here. It's so beautiful, Hitomi thought to herself. Hitomi closed her eyes to imagine what life was like to live there, down there in the crowds of people. When Hitomi closed her eyes she had a vision of Van's mother. Varie stood there alone her wings sprouted out of her back with her head facing downwards. Her head then raised facing Hitomi, with a smile on her face she mouthed the words "Thank you, Hitomi for all you've done for my son, for Van."



I got the idea for this story because I saw this whole story in a dream and wrote it out for you; the readers. I hope you've enjoyed my dream/fanfic.