Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Twisted Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master



By, TigerWolf


Part 2- Twisted Fate



My fight to stay conches work, I felt my feet touch ground and I was able to stand. I opened my eyes. I was standing in the middle of a field, witch was surrounded by forest, a little way's in the distance something that kind-of looked like a floating fortress was hovering a good distance up in the air. Then I herd something from behind, I turned around and eleven people, no solders, were standing in a row about three feet apart from each other and about ten feet away from me. The one in middle wore red armor, the rest blue. "Hello, can I help you with something?"
The red armored soldier spoke. "You are to come with us, under the order of Zaibach."
"Have I done something wrong or are you just curries in who I am, because I would say you have been waiting for me, because there is no use for soldiers in this type of place."
"Both, you are trespassing on Zaibach land, and because we have been waiting for you." He replied.
'Well hello puzzle peace number two, you lead me to Zaibach, what choice's do I have fight and most likely end up captured, or go willingly.' I thought. Normally I would fight but I figure I have better chance of escaping if I went willingly. "My name is Maya and I will come with you. But before I go I would like to know your name."
"Dilandau." he said while he walked toward me. "This way." he said walking pass me. Then two people garbed my arms.
"I worn you let go." I said comely, they did not, so in one swift motion I elbowed them both in the faces. The two let go, whimpering. Dilandau turned. "I told them to let go, they did not lesson, shale we go?" He smiled devilishly and gave a chuckle, and kept walking.

~~~~~

"Maya!" Hitomi cried, she was gone. "I cant believe it, she's gone, she told me, she had me promise." there was a pause in what she was saying, not knowing she was talking out load. "Good luck my friend."
"Hitomi, what are you talking about, she new this would happen? She had you promise?" Van said looking at her curiously, and having a hand on her shoulder.
"Before she left, she told me she had a feeling, that something bad was going to happen, and her journey was gong to lead her somewhere soon. She made me promise not to worry to much about her, and not have us go looking for her." She said, still getting over the shock of what Maya said coming true."
"I see, well in that case I wish her luck too, because she is going to need it." Van said.

~~~~~

I was on the floating fortress now; we got up there by Guymellefs. Once on the fortress or Vione, I saw every thing was very artificial. There seamed to be coldness in all the halls, and almost every hall looked the same. It seamed the place was lit just enough to keep shadows in the corners. It gave me the creeps, but I remain seaming just as cold as the place we were walking through. I was amazed at the newfound courage I found in myself, and the attitude I was now taking. Normally I seam happy and fun, and open. But now I seamed wise and one not to be mess with and full of mystery, and I could tell in all my thought I was being very sarcastic and cunning.
Dilandau was leading me to see a person called Falcon. The other Dragon Slayers left us at the Guymellef hanger. Dilandau kept looking at me in a smug way. (Since Maya did not now what Dilandau looked like before I will tell all, that he looked different, he was taller, about Van's present size, more built also. His voice was deeper to. His eyes and hair remind the same, and wore the same uniform as before mince the bow.)
We entered a large room that seamed to be near the top of the fortress. The walls were huge Windows on the right and left an in front. There were various control panels surrounding the place. It looked to be a control room. A man with blue hair and a black clock stood looking out the windows. After we entered and walked to him, he turned to look at us, Dilandau bawd, I did nothing. "Falcon I brought the person like you asked, SHE has the code of the dragon of her cloak." He said really emphasizing, 'she' he probably expected a he.
"You know its rode to talk about a person as if there not there, and much more say it rudely." I said comely, Dilandaus eye's flickered with hatred. Dilandau was about to bark something out, but Falcon stopped him, with his words.
"She is very right Dilandau," he said with the same attitude I have been showing. "Welcome to the Vione, I am Lord Falcon." he said to me.
"I am Maya." I said. "I would like to know why I am hear, I know you were waiting for me, and know about my most resent title of Dragon Master. But I would like to know if I am a prisoner or a guest because that has been hard to tell."
"For now a guest, and you are here because we want to know who you are." He said.
"What would you like to know?" I said
"Lets start with were you are from."
"I am from a land that is not a land, from a place that is a cursed place, but only to you, and known to you as the Mystic Moon." I said, I was in a riddle-ish mode. Dilandaus eyes let up.
"How long have you been on Gaea?"
"Probably since mid day." I said looking out at the set sun.
"Were have you been, for we can only account for maybe half an hour of that time."
"Fanelia, the Temple of the Dragon." I said
"I knew it she's the enemy!" Dilandau said moving forward.
"I am no one's enemy." I snapped at him. "I remain neutral in your war, for I have my own to fight, as it seams." Falcon smiled at this, and stopped Dilandau from going feather by placing a hand on his shoulder. Dilandau surged it off and stayed were he was.
"Would you consider fighting by Zaibach?" Falcon asked
"Depends, if I don't do I become a prisoner, and why should I if I am not to be a prisoner?" I asked
"You should because I know much about your identity of a Dragon Master that the temple could not tell you, and you would become a prisoner for your crime of trespassing and the injury of two Zaibach soldiers." He said. I thought for a moment 'injury of two Zaibach soldiers?' Oh, yeah, those two soldiers I hit when they would not let go of me.
"I know you are Van's brother, so what could you tell that he could not or predict, now that Hitomi is back with him?"
He smiled, I could tell he was glad I was being so reluctant to answer. "Van dose not have one book, the book that explains the foe that you are to face, I have that book. And Zaibach can see some of what is to come."
"So lit me get this straight, if I don't join your going to make me a prisoner, witch is something I would not allow. But if I do you will give me this book. To me that is not enough to join." I said
"What else would you need?" Falcon asked
"The safety of Fenelia, I would want you to leave them alone. I would understand if they attack you and you defend yourselves, but I want you to leave the country most importantly the people alone. Then I would have a reason to stay." Dilandaus fists were clenched in rage.
"That could be done." Falcon said
"Then what role would I play for Zaibach?"
"We would want you to fight with Zaibach, become one of our Dragon Slayers, that is if you pass the test of basic fighting skills."
"OK, I agree but I want it in writing and a copy sent to Fenelia."
"Agreed" He said Dilandau looked pissed.
After the contract was written, this is what it read

~~~~~

In exchange for Maya the Dragon Master cervices as a Dragon Slayer for Zaibach. Maya shale receive The Book of the Dragon. Also Zaibach will not attack the country of Fenelia, but if Fenelia chooses to attack us we remain to have the right of defending ourselves. Also if Fenelia chooses to fight with another country against us, we will still not harm the land and people (if they are not attacking Zaibach) of Fenelia.

(Followed by Falcon, Dilandau and Maya's signature)

~~~~~

That was it, I was with Zaibach now. My destiny lead me hear to be with them for some reason, if I was to be hear I might as well insure the safety of Van and Hitomi, because that was all I could give them, for now I had betrayed my best friend. I thought looking out the window at now the night sky witch had the earth and the moon just rising over a mountain.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~< br>
What will happen next? Wait and see. And Thank You Tora, Serino, and Phantom Angel for all your help.