Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ In Dreams ❯ In Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
In Dreams

Disclaimer: I don't own Tenkuu no Escaflowne, but wished I did.
A/N: I had the help of my Best Friend Sandy. OOC.

Dilandau gazed into his full length mirror intently admiring himself. "Beautiful," he murmured. He gave himself one last look , blew out the candle besides the mirror, and slid into bed. As he closed his eyes, Dilandau slipped into a deep sleep. As he slept, a lovely dream played through his mind.

Dilandau's eyes fluttered opened. He looked about the familiar surroundings, they had a surreal effect to them. His gaze fell upon the mirror, it was shadowed by the outline of a person. He pulls the covers off and slides off the bed. He grabs for his sword, finds the familiar grip, and walks over to the mirror. "Who's there?" he asks. Someone giggles. He walks up to the mirror and lights the candle. He slowly gazes upon the reflection in the mirror, instead of his reflection he sees that of a fifteen year old beautiful girl. As he stares at the girls she steps out of the mirror, her deep red dress flowing behind her as colors of the wind. She brings up one of her hands and strokes his left cheek. "Are you afraid of me?" she asks him. "Of coarse not! Who are you?" "My name is Celena Shezar." "You're beautiful." "As are you. This is the first time I have been able to make my presence known to you." "How long have you been here?!" "As long as you have. I live inside of you." Celena chuckled at the look of shock on Dilandau's face. "I'll explain it to you later." She gently kissed him.

Dilandau's eyes flashed open. He stared into the darkness trying to figure out his dream. ::Celena. A beautiful name for her. Why did I have to wake up? I want to see her again.:: He touched his lips. They were dry. ::Of course they are. It was just a dream. Dreams are not real!:: Dilandau shut his eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Dilandau woke up an hour before sunrise. He got out of bed and headed for the showers. Some of the other dragonslayers were already there. He got into the last stall and turned the water onto hot. His mind slowly slipped back to his dream as he cleansed himself. ::I want to see her again.:: He turned off the water, dried himself off, and went back to his room.

Dilandau slumped onto his bed after a hard day of work of looking for the dragon. Sighing he got back up and slid his clothes off and got into bed. He quickly whisked off to dream land.

Celena walked over to him. She watched him sleep. She gently stroked his cheek. Dilandau's eyes fluttered open and fell upon her. "I missed you." "I know." Dilandau sat up. Celena slid down next to him on the bed. Dilandau grabbed her face with both hands and stared at her. "Why are you here? Why are you in my dreams?" "I'm here because you are. I'm a part of you but not you. I can only become this form when you are asleep. The alteration is starting to wear off." Celena giggled. "Of course you don't remember. How could you." "What are you talking about? What alteration? And how can you be a part of me?" Celena jerked her face out of Dilandau's grip, got up, and slowly walked to the mirror. She looked at her reflection for a second before turning around. "You will remember in time. You will know everything. I can only talk to you in dreams now. Don't ruin this time with meaningless questions." She gave him her sweetest smile. "Tell me about yourself then," Dilandau quietly said looking her in the eyes. "Ok." Celena told her life story until she had been kidnapped.

"Dilandau sama. Wake up. Dilandau sama." Dilandau shot straight up. He turned towards the dragonslayer. "What do you want?!" "It's 7:45. We have to go back to our search." Dilandau got out of bed. He turned toward Gatti and back hands him. "Tell them I'll be down in a little while." "Yes Dilandau sama." Gatti turns and exists the room quickly. He shuts the door and grabs his throbbing cheek. He heads to where the others are. ::How dare he wake me from my dream.:: Dilandau got into his uniform and left.

Celena jumped on him from behind. "I got you!" "Ack!! Get off!!!" Celena giggled and jumped down. "You need to relax. I'll give you a back massage." Celena laid Dilandau down on his stomach and started giving him a back massage. Dilandau let a small smile cross his lips as she got out the knots the were all over his back. "You are way to stressed out. You need to calm down now and then. Don't you think that Folken is cute." Dilandau jumped up in shock. "What??!!!" Celena looked at him and giggled. "Your men are kawaii as well." Dilandau just looked at her. "Of course they are. But no one is as beautiful as I am!" Celena threw a pillow at him. "You are so vain." She threw another pillow at him. Dilandau caught it. "I'm just conscience of my beauty." He threw the pillow back at her. They continued the pillow fight until Dilandau had to wake up.

::Why do I have to wake up?:: Dilandau rolled out of bed and proceeded to the showers. He let the steamy hot waters hit his body before grabbing the soap. ::I feel so great. Relaxed. That back rub helped.:: Dilandau's eyes went wide. ::But it was just a dream! How can I feel the effects of a dream! It was just like the kiss. I felt it but it wasn't real, only a dream.:: Dilandau walked back to his room in a daze. He stayed that way the rest of the day, even as he fell asleep.

"I felt the effects of the massage you gave me. How?" Celena looked up at him. "Anything I do to you transcends sleep and dreams." "But when you kissed me I didn't feel the effects when I woke up." Celena went into deep thought for a second. "The alteration is wearing off. Anything we do know will be felt in the real world to." Dilandau looked at her with curious eyes. "Please tell me what alteration you are talking about?" "You will remember on your own." Dilandau looked away. His gaze fell on the mirror. He saw both of their reflections in it. He noticed the similarities between him and Celena. Their short hair, the same size, and the shape of their eyes. ::She looks almost like me!!!!::

Dilandau jolted awake. ::How can that be?!:: He pushed that thought aside as he heard others get up. Dilandau pushed the covers off of him and went through his morning activities.

Dilandau was in the fencing room going over his swordsmanship skills with Gatti and Viole. They were both attacking him at once. Chesta burst through the room doors. "Dilandau sama. I have a message for you." "What is it?" "Miguel has been killed." "WHAT??!!!" Dilandau back handed Chesta. He ran to his room. ::NO! I can't lose anyone else!!!! Miguel don't leave me!!! Jajuka!!!!!! Come back!:: Dilandau stopped in his tracks. Who is Jajuka? Flashes of Celena went through his head. He saw get kidnapped and imprisoned. He saw Jajuka try to help and calm Celena and even try to protect her. Dilandau collapsed as he saw them drag away Jajuka and punish him. He saw the alteration, saw Celena transform into him. ::"You remember now.":: Celena's voice floated to his mind. ::"The alteration is weakening. You are becoming me. You must hide it or you will go through an even more horrendous alteration procedure. I DON"T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!!!":: Dilandau slipped into unconscienceness as Celena cried through his thoughts.

A/N:: Please review. I really want to know what you think. This is my third fic I've let people read and I really want to know peoples opinion of my stories. And please be truthful. Next part will come shortly.