Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Soul ❯ Burning Desire ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: This is not the end. There is yet more. (You're lucky, I'm trying to be happy but I'm really not. I just deleted the fourth chapter, and am now forced to type it all over again. I am not happy...)

"Lone Soul: Burning Desire"

Armor. Ancient fragile armor that matched her own heartbeat exactly. It beat for her and she beat for it. They were one but there were not. An angel with black wings dropped in front of her, and suddenly Escaflowne disappeared. She was alone again. Wild eyes stared at Hitomi, and suddenly she was inside an alien being.
"Alseides and I will destroy everything, including you, Tsubasa no Kami. Make no mistake about it." Crimson fingers reached out to her, and she screamed as she felt hot blood run down her cheeks. "Yes, and I will kill your precious Van with my own hands..."
Psychotic laughter filled the void around her, and Hitomi felt herself slipping. A pounding drowned out the evil presence, and she embraced it. Their heartbeat. They were as one again.

"Girl! Quit screaming or I'll be forced to strike you," A rough female voice informed her. Hitomi was suddenly awake, it was no wonder why, since knees was pushing her against the bed. Gasping, in an amazing feat of strength, Hitomi fell to the floor and ran into the open air of the landship's deck. She couldn't breathe.
Feet scrambled after her, and stopped just behind the frozen Tsubasa no Kami. She was slowly calming down, the dream no longer held it's grasp on her. Collapsing on her knees, Hitomi sighed. She was alive. "Girl, do you have any idea how worried I am about you?"
Looking up, Hitomi met violet eyes and a mane of red hair. "Where am I, and who are you?" Sighing, the lady led Hitomi back to the sick bay, and sat her on the cot.
"You are in the Abaharaki landship. We are a group of survivors from countries destroyed by that bastard Folken. We fight against the Black Dragon Clan, and hope to defeat him one day before this whole country is destroyed. To answer your other question, I am Millerna. It is only polite if you respond with your own name."
"Hitomi," She muttered, realizing these people were Folken's enemies. But were they hers? Casting a sad glance towards the unconscious Van, she shook her head. Folken had not rescued her, Van had. Twice. "Kanzaki Hitomi."
"Hitomi, it's a cute name," Millerna mused, flicking her ponytail over her shoulder once again. She'd have to cut it short soon, it became annoying very fast. She switched gears just as fast, and wondered if Hitomi realized who everyone thought she was. "Are you familiar with the phrase, Tsubasa no Kami?"
Annoyance flashed on Hitomi's face in a flash. "Yes, Folken called me it when he first summoned me to this world, but I have no idea what it means."
Nodding, Millerna leaned back in her chair. "Get comfortable, I have a story to tell you."
"When the world of Gaea was first created, a legend sprung up out of nowhere. It told of a prophecy that involved the raising of the Mystic Moon, a strange moon that was second only to light of Gaea's own. It was said, that when the Mystic Moon did appear, it would be a sign of the Goddess of Wings arrival. She would come from Escaflowne herself. And when she did, this world would either vanish or bloom again in all it's glory.
But what would happen, would be her choice. If the Tsubasa no Kami wanted destruction, this world was disappear ablaze with her fury. If it was peace she wanted, the world would be healed. She would revive the legendary armor, Escaflowne. The God of War that we believe will grant our wishes of victory. When are you going to make Escaflowne appear?"
Pausing, Millerna cast a glance upon the shell-shocked Hitomi. "Can you comfirm or deny any of this?"
Shaking her head, Hitomi felt homesickness blooming in her.
A chuckle dropped from Millerna's lips. "No matter how long I look at you, I just don't see you as a goddess."
Cracking a smile, Hitomi laughed. "Appearances can be deceiving, Millerna. I still can't believe I'm in another world. It all seems like a dream. A very real, and frightening one at that."
"If I were in your position, I would think the same thing. Well, Hitomi, sit back and relax. I'll check up on you in a little while. Enjoy this peaceful world," Millerna said, turning her back, then added silently. While it lasts...

Dilandau walked into the throne room, hanging his head in shame. While his common sense told him to not return, his pride forced him to confront Folken, and show he wasn't afraid. He was about to-
"Do not say anything, Dilandau. I know you have let the Dragon get away, and let the Tsubasa no Kami escape with him. You will be punished severely. Do you understand this?" Folken's cold voice chilled Dilandau to the bone but he managed to nod. Barely.
He was in deep shit.

Hitomi leaned on the rail, mind at ease. For once. She'd faced that fact that this was not a dream. It was real, and she was actually starting to enjoy it. Though thinking about this prophecy thing gave her a headache. She certainly wasn't any Goddess. At least, not that she knew of. She felt weak and totally unworthy of having been summoned to this beautiful land.
"I can't be a Goddess. I'm just a normal teenager from Tokyo! Besides, even if it were all true, how can I make a decision about a land I don't know anything about?! How am I supposed to know?" She fumed, casting a hard glare upwards. "Tell me! Tell me right now!!"
"Who are you talking to?" Sweatdropping, Hitomi spun around to see the angel, Van, up and staring at her as if she herself as grown a pair of wings. His cold eyes suggested he wanted an answer, now. She supposed that if she'd seen him talking to himself, she'd have wanted to know the same thing.
"Would you believe myself?" Van did not look impressed. In fact, he looked annoyed more than anything. "How long have I been out?" He asked, casting his previous question aside just as quickly as his annoyed expression.
His shoulder was covered his bandages, as was part of his face, and left leg. The wounds had looked more serious, but Hitomi suspected Van was far from normal. Normal people didn't sprout wings at the drop of a hat. "Most of the afternoon, but you'd have to talk to Millerna, if you wanted straight facts."
Van only nodded, remaining silent as he leaned against the rail. His company was oddly comforting, and Hitomi was grateful for it. She'd been casting away people for far too long. Her eariler depression seemed so far away, and details slipped her mind completely. Did she really think of slicing her wrists?
Shuddering, Hitomi walked back to her designated cot to lay down. What would happen now? Would this legendary armor Escaflowne ever appear? And just what exactly was Van? And why was he so cute?

~You want more, don't you? Oh, yes, you do-o-o-o-o! *ahem* Excuse my insanity. Just click the link already...~