Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Love in unusual places ❯ tryouts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2, Chapter 2!!!! I wanna thank EVERYONE who reviewed *clears throat* Wiccachic2000, attitudetwinz, Phibrizo's_Toy, Dragonslayer_stefany, Mishiko, DJ, Duet Maxwell, White winged dragon, ~*Angel_Eyes66*~, Dilandau's girl, Xelena, and Toadie…*glomps reviews* I love all of you!!! This is the most reviews for one chap I've ever gotten, errr, for one story =^-^=. Lubs you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Note: I've changed the play to Romeo and Juliet *ducks rotten fruit* I know it's been done a MILLION times, but I actually know lines from that play, and I'm too lazy to make lines up. Plus, I think it goes with the whole, DillyXHitomi thing (think about it..)

**Note: Ok, Hitomi has longer hair (bit past her shoulders) and looks more..girly. Diana has blonde hair and honey colored eyes and she's really pretty.

***Note: I'd ONCE AGAIN like to that all the readers/reviews...I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* back to the fic…

Dilandau sat on the stage in the auditorium with Miguel, Biore, and Dalet.

"I still don't see why your trying to prove yourself to Hitomi Dilandau. Does it really matter what she thinks?"

Dilandau shrugged his shoulders. "Nah, not really. It'll be interesting to win the bet though." He finished, smiling evilly.

Miguel snickered. "Sure, sure. Your not trying to impress her at ALL."

That gave Dilandau a start. "W-what??"

"Come on Dilandau, everyone knows you have a thing for Kanzaki!" Biore said matter-of-factly.

Dilandau's jaw fell. "WHAT??? I do NOT have a thing for Kanzaki. She's a little brat that I like to torment, that's it!"

Dalet rolled his eyes. "You mean you don't think she's hot? She's gorgeous!"

Biore nodded his head in agreement. "She has a body that just won't quit."

Dilandau look horrified. "Sure she's cute, but"

"Ha, you just admitted that you think she's cute! What else aren't you telling us?"

"Nothing, cuz I don't like her!"

"Don't believe you."

"Well, here she comes." Miguel said, pointing to the door.

Sure enough, Hitomi had stepped in the door that very second, Van and Diana trailing after her, laughing together. Hitomi and Diana were still wearing shorts and a tank top from their previous volleyball practice. All the guys jaws dropped. `Holy shit!' Dilandau thought to himself. `She's IS really hot! Why the hell didn't I see it bef……no, ok, this is KANZAKI we're talking about here, she is NOT hot! Sure she has nice legs and a nice upper build……no! WRONG! BAD THOUGHTS!' Hitomi noticed their staring, and with a smirk, sauntered over to where they were sitting.

"So Albatou," she said with a smirk. "Ready to lose miserably?"

Dilandau's jaw snapped back into place, a menacing look plastered on his face. "Don't hold you breath Kanzaki. Or better yet, do."

Hitomi chuckled. "Whatever. Look, I'm being all nice and stuff and offering you a chance to back out now. Save some face before you are horribly embarrassed."

Dilandau sneered. "Me, lose to you? I don't think so. I'll wipe the floor with you."

Hitomi snorted, and would have retorted, if Folken, the director hadn't stepped into the fray. He clapped his hands.

"Ok, now. Who's trying out here?"

Dilandau and Hitomi glared at each other as they raised up their hands.

"Ok, how about you guys?" he said, looking at Biore, Miguel and Dalet. They shook their heads fearfully and stepped back.

"Anyone else?" he asked, casting his glance around the room. A few other people, including Van and Diana, raised their hands.

Folken clapped his hands again. "Ok, lets start then. First I want to see how good everyone is. Mr. Albatou" he said, turning to Dilandau. "You start with the role of Romeo" he handed him a script "Take it from page 45, line 39." Dilandau took the book, and licked his tongue out at Hitomi. He jumped up on stage, waiting for his cue. "And who shall we have as our Juliet?" He looked around, his eyes finally resting on Hitomi. "Miss Kanzaki, why don't you give it a shot?" he asked, handing her a script. Hitomi hoisted herself up on stage, giving Dilandau a smirk.

Folken sat down on his char in front of the stage. "Ok, why don't you start Dilandau. Take it from the balcony scene."

Dilandau smiled. "Get ready to lose Kanzaki." He whispered to her. In a louder voice he began. "But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, Who is already sick and pale with grief, That thou her maid art far more fair than she: Be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven Would through the airy region stream so bright That birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!" He smiled as everyone stared dumbstruck at him. He bowed mockingly to Hitomi. `Let's see her beat that' he thought.

`Wow, he's amazing!' Hitomi thought to herself.

"Now Hitomi, read line 50 and down, but skip Romeo's line in 55, just keep reading."

She took a deep breath. `Let's she if I can beat that.' She began to read her lines. "O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet. 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, And for that name which is no part of thee Take all myself." She smiled and took a bow. `I can't believe I just did that.'

The theater was dead silent. Everyone just stared at Hitomi. `She can act?' was the thought going through most minds. Suddenly Diana and Van stood up and started to clap. Then everyone stood up and clapped. Even Dilandau, who was awestruck at the beautiful girl next to him, began to clap. Hitomi turned to look at Dilandau, confusion marring her face, but then she began to smile, a light dust of red spilling over her cheeks.

Folken stood up and smiled. "I think we've just found our new Romeo and Juliet."

"What?!?!" Dilandau and Hitomi both yelled at the same time.

"I can't work with him!"

"I can't work with her!"

Folken raised his hands to silence them. "It's already been decided. You two are the staring roles. I'd suggest you two trying to practice together."

"What? I have to spend EXTRA time with him?"

Dilandau glared. "Gee thanks Kanzaki." He said sarcastically. To Hitomi it seemed a bit hurt also.

"No arguments you two. I'd also suggest you start practicing soon. Now, next two please." He said, gesturing to Van and Diana.

Hitomi and Dilandau hopped down from the stage, awkwardly standing together. It was Hitomi who broke the silence.

"So what about tomorrow morning and after school in the park?" she asked.

"W-what?" Dilandau said, blushing. `Did she just ask me out? Nah, that would never happen. I'd be nice to go out with her though-'

Hitomi rolled her eyes. "I meant for practicing dumbass!"

`Damn it!' "I knew that! Fine, tomorrow after school." He turned to leave with his friends. "Oh, and try not to be late Hitomi!" he called over his shoulder as he exited the theater.

Hitomi glared at the swinging doors. `And I thought a miracle had happened and he was suddenly being…hold on a sec, did he just call me Hitomi?'