Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Of Two Kingdoms ❯ Epilogue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







Epilogue

Nobody really knew the power of the dragons, not even Jadik knew the whole story of the Legendary King brought back from death. It was thought by the group that perhaps that was the reasoning behind King Aston's greed. The old king's health was always failing, and it was no secret to his kingdom. How had the king known of such a tale from far-away Fanelia? No one in the grove that night wanted to continue such a line of questioning. The danger has passed for Asturia and Fanelia and there would be no war. The king is dead and most likely Millerna will rise as the new Queen, though young she may be.

The night sky was filled with the brilliant stars of far off heavens, the White and Mystic Moon still in their bright phase high above the forest grove. The Crusade had landed once again in the sacred stone circle and hummed softly as it awaited its passengers. The Fanelians spoke with Allen as plans were discussed to take them back to their home country. Meanwhile, the rejuvenated young Schezar wandered close by and walked along side the young Denevive. She mostly stared at the ground, though a calm smile was on her face.

Everything that happened that night was explained to Celena as best as possible. The girl could only give them a dumbfounded look and asked, "Really?". Then it would be attempted to explain again. After the third try, they all gave up. Such a miraculous thing should be left just that; miraculous. It was still rather amazing to Celena when she used the last bit of Dragon Magic on her brother's minor head wound. Allen had said that he could barely notice the act since he had been so grateful for her recovery, though he tried to play down his sensitivity. Celena was glad that Allen also didn't notice that she was somewhat alone with Denevive. She knew what her brother would say, "The boy struck you down!" and though he would have a point, Celena knew that it was not Denevive's intention. She knew, or at least hoped, that he cared for her more than that.

"Denevive?" She stopped when she figured they were out of earshot from the rest of the group. "Will I ever see you again?"

"I don't know." He answered honestly. "I hope so." He looked at her for a long moment, his eyes lingering on her elegant features. He did not know what he felt, didn't even know if it was real, but she seemed special to him. "I don't deserve your company, not after what happened. But I would be glad to see you again. Of that I am sure."

"The feeling is mutual, Sir Denevive." She cast him a small smile, her eyes flashing as she held out his hand to him. Her smile only widened when her hand was softly pressed to the samurai's lips, kissing the delicate skin as if it were as fragile as a rose petal. "My brother won't stand for it, you know."

Denevive looked up at her, his hair falling away from him face as if a waterfall parting. From his bowed position Celena looked majestic, beautiful. He rose slowly, his manner turning formal. "I do not wish to anger the Knight Schezar," he said, a brief smile belying the stern demeanor, "but I will say that life is full of more surprises than even your brother can guess." Denevive snapped a crisp salute, his features sharpening for a slight moment. "Even though I wish to see you again, milady, now is the time for parting. After all," he said, almost as an after thought, "hellos are only sweet after a good-bye."