Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







By the time Hitomi got to her room most of her tears had dried. Millerna was still there; a bit too involved in her own little world to realize that Hitomi was upset.

"Where is the wedding going to be held?" Millerna asked, "I think the courtyard would be a splendid place. Not the most regal though… but none the less, it would be very beautiful."

Hitomi fidgets a bit. "Have you chosen a dress yet? Wait, I'm getting ahead a bit. Have you decided on a date yet?" Millerna asks.

"Actually," Hitomi says looking at the ground, "I haven't told him my answer yet."

"But isn't that what you ran down the stairs to do?" Millerna asks confused.

"Yes, but urgent news came up. I couldn't bear to interrupt important business like that," Hitomi explained.

"Is there anything I could do?" Millerna asks, not even curious about what type of business it was.

"I'd like to be left alone for a while, if you don't mind," Hitomi requested.

"Sure," Millerna replied a little bit hurt that she wasn't wanted.

Hitomi looked out of the window and watched Celena stroking Merle's fur, while Merle was napping near a bed of daisies. "They seems so happy and carefree. When did things get so difficult," she complained to herself.

"Since you left your home to help aid in a war against Zaibach, I would guess," Allen replied.

"Oh, Allen. I didn't know you were in here," she said suddenly feeling self-conscious about what she said.

"You left in a hurry. I thought I'd come up and check on you," he said with a twinkle in his eye.

"I'm doing okay, I guess," she replied. "Did you know that Zaibach forces are near Freid and Asturia?"

"Zaibach is ready to attack Asturia?!" he asked. "Just like them to come after I leave. Those cowards!" Allen exclaimed suddenly getting very angry.

"Sorry Allen, I didn't mean to drag you away from home," she said sheepishly.

"It's not your fault," he replied, "you had no idea that Zaibach was going to surround Asturia like that. But as a knight's duty is, I must return to help. Farewell, Hitomi. I shall return."

"Allen, wait!" she yelled after him.

He didn't hear her and ran though the palace. When he got to the gate he ran into Van. "Pardon me, your Highness, but I must get to Asturia to help fight Zaibach. 'Tis my duty as a Caeli knight of Asturia," Allen gallantly said.

"You are free to leave as you wish, Allen, but the fighting hasn't started yet and we don't know if it will. I'm not leaving Fanelia until it is in ruins again, though. The others are free to go also," Van answered.

"Will you make sure Celena is taken care of?" asked Allan.

"Certainly," replied Van. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Please tell Millerna that I left for Asturia, and am not to be followed," Allen asked. With those last words he went into the Crusade, which was carrying Scherizad.

As Allen (and some of his crew) flew off into the evening sky Van began to wonder if he would ever see him again.