Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Huh?" Van wondered. "We're back in Freid."

"Yes, it would appear so," Allen agreed. "And it seems that the fighting is over."

"Can you tell who won?" Van asked.

"No, the floating fortresses aren't to be seen, but that could mean several different things," Allen explained. "But there is only one thing to do, because we can't easily stay out here forever wondering." Allen began to walk to the front door of the castle.

"But if the enemy took it over they will see you, if you use the front door. And as good of a swordsman as you are, they would probably take you prisoner," Van argued.

"Good idea, I'll check through a window on the side then," Allen said, starting for the window. Van followed behind, trying to remain stealthy.

"It's okay, it's just Millerna and Hitomi in there!" Allen called down to Van.

"EEEK!!!" cried Millerna. "What are you doing spying through our window?!?! God, you really are a playboy!" Millerna then slammed the window on Allen, causing him to lose balance.

"Damn it, Van. I said we could have just used the front door," Allen said angrily.

"Well, no one ever said to use HITOMI and MILLERNA'S window," Van angrily contorted.

In silence the two angrily trudged toward the door. Once inside, Allen was met with a very angry Dryden, Millerna, and Hitomi. Luckily they thought to spare Allen the embarrassment of telling Celena and Chid. "What were you doing spying through Millerna's window?" Dryden angrily asked.

Harsh words flew when suddenly Van decided to step in. "Allen and I got back from killing Balgus, again. We were simply trying to get inside without drawing attention to ourselves, in case the enemy had taken over," Van explained.

"Oh, Van," sighed Hitomi, "I'm so glad you are alright. I saw part of the fight in a vision. You were pinned up against the wall!"

"You aren't talking about Balgus, one of the greatest swordsmen of all times are you?" Dryden asked, amazed.

"Yes, and we was mine and Allen's swords-master," Van said. "But he wasn't really alive, just controlled by a sorcerer, which we will have to go after. He claims to threaten Fanelia!" Van said adamantly.

"Given a map, I could probably find him, like I did for you, Van, when you were in Zaibach's floating fortress with Folken," Hitomi offered.

"That would be of the greatest help, Hitomi," Van said.

Soon Hitomi was busy dousing, the rest watching her (amazed) especially Dryden. Seeing that no one needed him, Allen wandered off. He ran into (not literately) Chid in the hallway. "You are here, Allen Schezar!" Chid exclaimed, very glad to see him again.

"Duke Chid," Allen responded surprised. 'Look how scared and alone he seems,' he thought to himself. "You should tell him the truth,' Marlene's voice ran through his head. "I have something of the utmost importance to tell you."

"What is it, Allen Schezar," Chid asked innocently.

"I don't know how to say this… please try to understand. Your mother and I were very much in love before she married your father. Duke Chid, you are our son," Allen tried to explain.

Chid stood in disbelief for a while. "Father?" he asked, amazed. Chid hugged Allen, he was no longer alone and his hero was really his father. "That means that the Duke of Freid wasn't my father? So am I not the heir to the throne then?"

"Chid, the Duke already knew. He wanted you to be the heir to the throne. He knew you would do a good job. Stay strong," Allen walked away with tears in his eyes. This would be difficult for the both of them.

* * *

"He's in the Great Desert?" asked Dryden, amazed. "Nothing can survive there, it is even worse off then the Mystic Valley."

"But that's where my pendant says he is," said Hitomi, beginning to get annoyed with Dryden's constant questioning.

"Then that is where we must go," declared Van.

"I'll tell Gaddes," responded Allen from the shadows. "He flew over with me, on the Crusade. The rest of the crew is with him as well."

"Good, then we shall leave as soon as possible," Van said intently.