Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Thirty-five ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The trip back had been rather uneventful. They picked up Scherizad on there way to Fanelia (F.Y.I.) It was only a bunch of moments between Hitomi and Van, Celena and Gaddes, and Dryden and Millerna. The only thing worth mentioning of it would probably be how Merle was trying to teach Allen how to douse "like Lord Van can."
Soon they were back in Fanelia. One might find that time would drag on with so little going on, but it flew. Soon they had finished unpacking. After a day of leisure, except for Van who had to spend the day meeting with the council and talking with advisors, they soon all supped together.
It was a wonderful meal that was prepared to them. It had all of the specialties of Fanelia; it was fit for a king. Before the meal began Van had something to say. "Attention everyone, I have an announcement to make. Hitomi has agreed to it, so we're getting married," he announced.
There was polite applause, of course. Next Gaddes stood up, everyone was quite surprised by this. "I have an announcement as well. Celena and I are getting married," he looked lovingly at her, and she returned the expression. More polite clapping was in order.
Suddenly Millerna stood up. "Well, since everyone else is doing it, I might as well make my announcement. Dryden and I are getting married again," she proudly announced.
Although it would have only been polite to clap for them, everyone remembered their last wedding, which had been quite the incident. Millerna looked disappointed. "Great, they are going to think that we belong to a cult or something," Merle muttered to herself.
Hitomi shot her a look, but couldn't help but to laugh a bit. Things were going to work out after all.