Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Description: VH. A robot girl wishes to become human when she falls for her master.
Robotia-The City of Robots
 
Sometime in the not-so-distant future….
 
Prologue- Robotian with Feelings
 
“Oh no. I'm going to be late!!” A young girl screamed as she rushed though the marketplace with a booklet in one hand and a pen in the other, her cropped golden locks blowing though the wind. “Okay…I ordered the tools, the replacement for the B.U.I.L.D.E.R. machine database, picked up package 320D…and what else…? Oh yah! Pick up two tanks of nitrogen! Two asterisks by this one…why didn't I notice it before?” She shrugged slightly, then rushed to the corner stall as fast as she could (from the other side of the street…pretty far.)
 
“Oh! Why, hello there Hitomi. What can I do for you on this beautiful day?” A stout man asked her as she paused for a breath in front (You would too after running throughout the entire city all day doing errands.) “Same as usual. Two tanks of nitro.” She replied, smiling brightly as she tried to regain her breath. “Coming right up.” He said, and then went to the storage area to fetch them for her.
 
-His name was Scott Minter, originating from the city of Fried. He and his family moved to Robotia when he was just a child. He professions in science, technology, and the handling of chemicals. (Really, there's a profession for that Oo0) At the university in the Southern sector of the city, he met his true love (who he later married) named Anna Cowan. They had two children; the oldest, Sam (19 yrs old), and the youngest, Michael (16 yrs old.) Middle-aged, he was seeked out by the majority for advice and such on their situations in life, for he'd gone though a lot (since Robotia doesn't really treat outsiders fairly decent)-
 
“So, how are you doing nowadays?” he called out from the basement. “Oh, why do you bother asking? I'm fine though. And you?” “Oh fine. And your master's doing fine also, I expect?” “Oh yes, very. And business is proceeding as usual. Stocks are higher than last year, and he's very proud of that.” “Aye, I'm sure of that.” He replied, wheeling in with the two tanks filled with nitro. She handed him his payment and took off with the cart [with the nitrogen tanks safely in place]. “Be careful with those, and remember to say hi to Van for me!” he yelled after her retreating form.
 
-Van Fanel [of the Fanelian Robots Corp.] was her master. -
 
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
 
H.i.t.o.m.i. was 15 years old [in human years]. She was purchased in a robot auction by Van's father, owner of the Fanelian Robots Corporation at that time. She missed him greatly after his death (because she grew quite attached to him, as she does everything she comes in contact with, like Van). He was the closest thing to a father she could have. Her real father, Dr. Konoji Kanzaki (I don't know his real name…) always treated her as a mere robot and never once showed her love. Mr. Gaou Fanel smiled at and hugged her from time to time, and that was enough to keep her happy. But Van treated her differently than all the others…with respect, maybe?
 
`Or does he actually love me?!' she thought excitedly, breaking into a light pace across the street, dragging the cart behind her. A smile grew across her lips; all she wanted was to be loved. But she was just a robot! What did it matter if she was cared for? It's not like she possessed feelings, especially for her owner. But she did have feelings, and she did love Van. She pondered about it for a moment…
 
-She was no ordinary robot. -
 
She looked like an ordinary human but was stronger. Not acquired at birth like most robots, it was strength that took time to develop. She was as strong as a wrester and strongman combined into one form.
 
-H.i.t.o.m.i. has the ability to grow up like a human, talk like a human, and touch like a human. She has the senses of a human, and most importantly, have feelings of a human. She is the perfect robot. -
 
She still remembered the first day she met Van…
 
*Flashback*
 
“Look here, it's your new friend Van! A robotic girl.”
 
“But Dad, I don't want a robot for a friend…hey wait! She's not a robot! She's human!”
 
“No, just brilliant craftsmanship. Hey look, girl. This is your new master. His name is Van.”
 
“Van…”
 
“What is your name, girl?”
 
“Hitomi.”
 
“Well, come along then. We have to pick up Folken, remember?”
 
“Oh yeah….”
 
“Folken…who's he?”
 
“Oh him…he's my older brother. Why?'
 
“Just wondering.”
 
“Hey! Robots don't think!”
 
“But, I do think.”
 
“See? Just so you know, I know you're really a real girl. So stop playing around.”
 
“Uh, okay…”
 
“And I'll always treat you like what you are, unlike Father. You can trust me, alright Hitomi?”
 
“Alright.”
 
*End Flashback*
 
Hitomi grinned at the memory. `Oh Van…' she thought. Then an idea popped into her head. `It'll make my master so happy! I'll need to talk a small detour first…' She made her way to the wishing well, the cart bouncing up and down on the stones. `I've heard so many times from people that their wishes came true when they wished here. If it worked for them, why not me?' (Just so you know, she thinks herself as a human.)She dug into her pocket and took out a single gold coin, then tossed it into the well. “I wish…that I can be human!”
 
`Humans have it easy. They are ruled by their emotions, and have excuses for the mistakes they make. Robots, on the other hand, have none. And Van, he needs a real human girl around him, not some old robot.' She waited for a while, and nothing happened. `Oh well,” she thought sadly, beginning to turn back. `Maybe it only works for human beings after all…” “Your wish is granted.” A mysterious voice echoed through her head, making her feel dizzy. “Wha…who said that?!” She cried out before blacking out on the grass. “Well, that was easy.” The voice said. “I didn't have to do a thing, except knock her out that is.” Then the voice floated away with the fall wind.
 
---------------------------To be continued…----------------------------------
 
A/N: Please review. Well, I usually do Cyborg 009 fic but I decided to do an escaflowne one this time, so this is my 1st 1 here. I actually watched some of the really cut eps on Fox but just recently watched the not so much cut version on DVD last month. This is kind of a kikaider/metropolis parody mixed together but different actions, plats, & outcomes.
Next chap: Hitomi's human: Hitomi is known to people in the city of Robotia as a human. No one but Van knows she's a robot and even he doesn't believe it, after all these years. He's deeply in love with her & would do anything to be able to be with her for the rest of his life. Hitomi's acting different. She feels happy but doesn't feel any different. But what's this? The wish wasn't granted?! Then how can she bleed…?