Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Truth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, this story hasn't been updated in a long time. This story was based on a dream I had after watching Metropolis(yes, I dream about anime-_-) so, it's kind of hard to add to it, and type it all up, not to mention remembering it…oh well, please enjoy! And leave a review as u depart so I can know you have read! But no flames, cause the review button is to encourage the reader, not discourage! Signing out: Shirente Fuerie 64/ Silente Faerie 64
 
Robotia: City of Robots- Chapter 3: Truth
“Blood!” Hitomi woke up with a start. `Whew, I thought that was real. Thank goodness', she thought, then got dressed. I have to be ready, my master wants meet me to meet him in his office for something important!
 
That morning, Van Fanel called Hitomi to his office. She sat in the chair, looking down at her feet while Van thought over a choice of words. After a moment, he broke the silence: “Now, you know I usually don't ask you to do these things, but I want you to pick up the blueprints for the V619 driver at this address.” He paused, then handed her some papers from his desk. “You have to ask Mr. Sheazar's wife to see him. His son Chid is very sick at the moment, stayed out in the rain too long and passed out. Poor case.” Hitomi just nodded.
 
After being dismissed, Hitomi walked though the long halls of the company. She heard the drilling and the low burr of the machinery of the doors. The sound put her heart at ease. One of the workers gave her greeting. She waved back gleefully as she walked out of the door. She then sighed. `How do I get to the Sheazars' house again?' she wondered.
 
She walked up to the front door. She pondered on whether to knock or not. `Oh well, might as well try,' she thought, and proceeded to knock. She waited for a moment, then all of a sudden a large Shepard dog jumped out as soon as the door was open and bit her hand. She felt pain sear her body, but paid it no mind. She remembered her father telling her when she was of five years that her sensors were capable of manipulating pain, so she could be more like a human.
 
The dog was forcefully pulled from her hand by a long-haired blonde woman, who looked to be in her late thirties (she's the older sister). “Gomen,” she apologized, then added hastily, “Our dog isn't accustomed to visitors.” Hitomi then replied, “No it's alright, I…”The woman interrupted. “Well, would you like to come inside? We should treat that hand of yours for you too…” and she grabbed Hitomi's uninjured hand. Hitomi was about to deny it, but then looked at her hand. It was bleeding, the surrounding skin red from the dogbite. She was confused. `Wait a minute… If I'm a robot, how am I bleeding…? Wait…Is this familiar? It seems so…'
 
After Mrs. Sheazar wrapped up Hitomi's hand, Hitomi broke the still air, “Is your husband home?” “Why do you ask?” she replied.
 
“Mr. Van Fanel from the Fanel Industries asked me to come here to request a certain driver blueprint, model V619.”
 
“Oh! Allen mentioned you would be coming here for that very thing. I'll get it for you from his study. By the way, can you see how my son is doing? He is very sick you know…”
 
“Sure, ok.”
 
“He's in the next room.”
 
Hitomi opened the door and stepped in, thinking about the dream and real life. `Why did I see what was to happen? And that boy Tommy, he looked so sick, and his glowing red eyes…' She looked up. There was a boy on the bed, seeming very pallid in the moonlight. He seemed to be suffocating under the pile of covers, for his face was tinged with blue. She felt helpless at this point, because she felt like she cared for the boy. So, she walked over to the little boy's bedside, putting her hand on his head. He was burning up. She then took a washcloth out of her pocket and wet it from the bowl by his bed, then put it on his forehead. `That should help,' she thought.
 
A moment later, she heard a click and turned around to see Mrs. Sheazar, with a package wrapped in flowery wallpaper. “Sorry for taking so long,” Mrs. Sheazar said and smiled. `I also wrapped it for you so it won't get damaged. “Arigato gosaimasu,” Hitomi said while taking the package from her. Then she walked out the room, closing the door behind her. Mrs. Sheazar sighed, then was about to depart as well until she heard a stir from where her son Chid was laying. She turned aroung to see Chid with his eyes open, looking around. “Chid!!” she exclaimed, and embraced him. “K-Ka-san?” Chid asked, an exhaushed look on his face.