Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Rivals ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Once again, I took a little longer updating this story but I'm getting around to it sooner or later. I hope you all enjoy this latest installment of Robotia as much as you did when this story first started…enjoi! And I need at least five reviews to post the finale chapter up. Lot's of ansgty-ness…yay *drools*…
Robotia: Chapter 5: Rivals
`What could be taking Hitomi so long?' Van pondered as he paced the room anxiously.
`I need that V16 driver part! The shipment is due in two days. Gah! That robot, when she gets in here I'll…'
He paused. He called her a she again. But she is a female robot…but why? Did he still have feelings for her? No, of course not. One can never have feelings for a robot. Even if he did have feelings for her…she could never love him back. Obviously, if she had a heart it would be made of steel.
`But…I should tell her! It wouldn't make a difference if she knew his feelings for her or not. And…I can't keep on hiding them forever. At this rate, she'll probably figure them out…she probably already knew! In that case, she could keep me company forever…'
At this moment his eyes took on a dreamy look. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the desk. He quickly gained composure and sprinted over to his desk. He sat down, and then finally called out “You can come in!”
When the visitor opened the door, he wished that he didn't say that…
Hitomi ran as fast as she could through the building doors. Some of the passing workers waved at her, but she had no time to respond. She was late for a deadline…she'd probably get yelled at, and get a worse punishment than she ever did before. Dumping coal wad better than what was coming up for her, and she had better hurry because it was getting worse as each second passed!
She darted into hallway #21. From there, she turned to the Management room and opened the door. She ran through, not bothering to close the door behind her. She ran until she reached the boss's room. She sighed, then opened the door and peaked in. Her eyes widened…
It was Dornkirk! Van's arch business rival!
-William Dornkirk was a fierce rival of Van's father in the business of producing robots. He was the boss and owner of Time Travel Company. The problem was, that when Konoji Kansaki built the company, it gained so many stocks and gained so much profit in the first few years that he knew that he had to get tough. When Konoji passed on though, he thought that he would finally have more profit than the Fanelian Robots Corporation, but Van took over with a closed fist and actually made the company even more profitable. From there, he planned to murder Van, because it seemed that it was the only way to make his business more successful in Robotia.-
`Why was he here?' she wondered. She opened the door a little more to see that Dornkirk was holding a gun to Van's head. She almost gasped, and then breathed deeply to calm herself down. `I need a plan…I plan…' She went with her first impulse: to save Van. That was her job anyways, and the reason why she was bought. She could take ol' Dornkirk. After all, a gun was nothing to her…
------love----------hate---------love---------
“Why, a pleasure to see you too Van…why how big you've gotten since the last time I've seen you?” Dornkirk said with a haughty grin the size of Tennessee.
 
“Shut up Dornkirk. I'm not a little kid anymore as you can see. We don't need to cheat.” Van responded cockily.
 
“As snotty as ever are we? Just like your father. You know when my father died of a serious illness that no doctor ever could name or understand for that matter, I took a little while to morn, but you, you fool, you just took right to raising the profits. All you wanted from your father was his business. All you cared about was the money! Snotty nosed kid…you didn't change one BIT from when I saw you last…”
“Shut up! I did care about my father…”
 
“Sure you did. And this you see…” Dornkirk said, indicating to the gun that was held to the back of Van's head.
“Is a big man's toy. What's wrong? Not grown up enough for these boys are ya? Still playin' with water guns? Is this how you keep your workers in line?”
 
“I am not playing with you!” Van said, growing angry.
 
“I wouldn't move if I were you. For you see, you're still gon'a die. That's my plan, ya see? And no little robotic female's gon'a save you, even if that's your bodyguard. You see, I have a special present for her: a gun that could break right into her circuitry and blow it to smithereens! You see now? You get the big bright picture? You're gon'a die! You really are sonny!”
 
That moment was the most inappropriate time for Hitomi to jump in the scene, but she did, alright. She dashed in towards her target, Dornkirk, and he aimed the gun at her.
 
“You can't hurt me with that puny thing!” She said bostily, and then tripped as soon as he pulled the trigger.
“BAM!!!” The gun went, and the bullet whizzed until it met face to face with the wall…and went straight through it.
 
“Ho-how di-di-did y-yo-you dog-dodge that?” Dornkirk stuttered nervously, clearly shocked.
 
“Huh?” Hitomi said, popping back up.
 
“Hitomi!” Van yelled. “Don't let yourself get hit! Those bullets can destroy robots!”
 
“Aye-aye, captain!” Hitomi agreed, before tripping yet again when trying to advance. As soon as her butt hit the ground another bullet met Mr. Wall.
 
Dornkirk scowled. “You won't have too much luck left, missy. Your days as a bodyguard are over!” He laughed to himself, thinking of the clumsy female bodyguard. But he underestimated her abilities. She darted forward while he was preoccupied and stuck a hard blow to his ribs, sending him sprawling back coughing up blood.
 
“You…cough…cursed…cough…girl… ” he said, before making an effort to get up.
“What did you do to me?”
 
“I simply hit your ribs, causing internal bleeding. You will die in one minute according to the amount of damage I caused to you.” Hitomi said.
 
“You…cursed…robot…” Dornkirk muttered. He new he couldn't threaten them because of the video cameras. He shouldn't have even tried to murder him in his own officee where the most security would be. Oh well…
“At least I'll destroy you!” He yelled, pulling the trigger.
 
This time, Hitomi didn't trip. It hit her straight in the abdomen. She looked at the wound and then smiled.
“You shot to low to do any damage. And it went right through me so I won't detonate” she said, before falling in Van's open arms. Dornkirk was in shock at what he saw then fell still, leaving Van alone with Hitomi.
 
“Hi…tomi?” He said, warily. He was shocked: Hitomi was bleeding! How was this possible? Had his theories when he was a kid actually been true? Of course! He shouldn't had ever doubted Hitomi…he grew silent.
 
“Yes, master?” came Hitomi's strangely soft voice.
 
“Why are you bleeding?!”
 
“You mean I…” her mind was hazy.
 
“Yes. How?! Do you know?”
 
“You mean my wish came true Van? I…I'm dying?”
 
“You can't be dying! You were never alive! How…”
 
“Oh Van, I wanted to be human so I could be with you! We could have been so happy together…”
 
“Hi…Hitomi! You can't be dying! You were never…you're supposed to be with me forever! Don't you understand?! You can't leave me! Not now!”
He shook her hard. Hitomi closed her eyes and winced in pain, which was now rushing to her in piercing waves.
 
“Is this what dying feels like? It's so…nostalgic…and oddly frightening…”
“Hi-to-mi!” Van screamed at her desperately, tears just beginning to leak out of his eyes. `Boy's aren't supposed to cry. Boy's aren't supposed to cry…' He thought. `But I'm permitted to! I can't lose her! She wasn't supposed to go away?! WHY?! WHY?!'
“Van…” Hitomi said, tears coming to her eyes as well.
“You know I would never want to leave you, I never…” she closed her eyes tightly.
 
“Hitomi?! Answer me!” Van cried out.
 
“Will you…never forget me Van?” Hitomi asked him, seeming unsure.
 
“O-of course not! I'd never forget you…”
 
“I love you, Van…” she said quietly.
 
“I love you too, Hito-” As soon as he uttered those words her hand dropped to her side, lifeless. He gasped.
 
“Hitomi?! No…you can't just…no! You can't! You can't leave me! You're not permitted to! You hear me?! You hear me?! Come back here! Come back….!”
 
Van screamed all that night, only to hear no answer.
 
Next chap: The Epilogue! An understanding, the acceptance of the present, and the future…