Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Happy Sequel To Escaflowne ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SCENE 10: Scene Montage. Song in background is "Memory of Fanelia." It shows many scenes of Celena and Shesta. At first she is obviously telling him what to do and he is obeying, acting out of duty. As the scenes go on, however, we see them both actively interacting. Laughing, smiling, reading together on a windowseat, lying on their stomachs on the ground in a forest watching butterflies, playing catch with a small blue ball, Shesta braiding a ribbon into Celena's hair as she talks,...boating on a lake, fishing at a pier in the small lake....at the same time, showing pictures of Shesta listening to conversation at meals--even participating a bit. One by one the others acknowledge his existence and even make small talk on occasion--obviously Jajuka and Folken first, Van...well...he never actually makes small talk with Shesta...he manages to pass him in the hallway without drawing his sword, though....

HITOMI V.O: Is this what I think it is? Well...so Shesta's at the castle every day now, always by Celena's side. Celena's at fourteen-year-old maturity now. They seem to both enjoy the other's company...though I wouldn't say the same about others at the castle....namely...Van. But as the weeks wear on, turning into months, and then...my first year since I returned, and Van and I have other things to think about....

SCENE 11: Int. sitting room. Everyone is sitting around a table. A white wedding gown is laid out on the table and everyone is exclaiming over it.

MILLERNA: Ooh, this is so pretty, Hitomi! You'll look so beautiful in it!

HITOMI: Oh, thank you.....

MERLE: Hey, Hitomi, do handmaidens wear dresses like that on the Mystic Moon?

HITOMI: Merle, please!

VAN V.O: So...Hitomi and I are going to be married on her eighteenth birthday.....

CELENA is sitting, gazing at the dress, oddly quiet.

ALLEN: What's wrong, Celena?

CELENA: Nothing.

ALLEN: Are you sure?

CELENA: Nothing you would care about.

CELENA gets up and begins to walk away

ALLEN: Hey! What...Celena! What is she....Shesta?

ALLEN jumps out of his seat, pulls out his sword, and runs out of the room.

ALLEN (from offstage) : SHESTA!!!!!!! OMAE O KOROSU!!!!!!!!

MERLE: Eh....Van-sama? Maybe you want to...check on the sanity of your friend?

VAN: No, it's all right. He's just, angry, right now.

ALLEN returns

JAJUKA: Once again, Allen has forgotten the difference between a living person and a ghost.

MERLE: Poor Allen.

ALLEN: I want...to kill....that.....

HITOMI: Why can't you just accept that Celena is growing up and is in love?

ALLEN: Not with HIM!!!!

MILLERNA: We need to work on details of Van and Hitomi's wedding now, Allen.

DRYDEN enters. ERIYA and NARIA are sitting on some chairs

DRYDEN: (to Eriya and Naria) you two aren't going to wreck this one, too, are you? I don't want to spend that much money again if you're just going to wreck it.

ERIYA: We won't

NARIA: Don't worry.

ERIYA: We did that just for you, Dryden. We thought you'd appreciate that.

DRYDEN: Hey!

NARIA: We wouldn't hurt Lord Folken's brother...

VAN: (sarcastic) Sure ya' wouldn't!

ERIYA: Well...we won't do it again.

VAN: (sarcastic) that's very reassuring.

NARIA: And we don't want to hurt Hitomi, either. She's sweet.

HITOMI: Ehhh....thanks.

SCENE 11: HITOMI AND VAN'S WEDDING!!!! YAY!!!!! Int. long hallway of castle. RUHM has made a cameo appearance as the guy officiating over the wedding. In Lieu of anyone's parents, ALLEN is giving HITOMI away. The bridesmaids are MERLE, MILLERNA, ERIYA, NARIA, and CELENA, those who are alive are in light blue dresses, the ushers are FOLKEN, THE MOLE MAN (who is busy scratching himself when no one is looking, sorry Heather.) and DRYDEN. The best man is FOLKEN, the maid of honor is CELENA. MERLE is unhappy about this choice.

A wedding march is played. ALLEN looks a little sad to see HITOMI marry VAN but hides it well. HITOMI smiles jubilantly. VAN, to the disappointment of everyone else, is wearing his regular clothes. HITOMI couldn't get him to wear a suit again---must've been uncomfortable on his wings. You notice Folken never wears a suit either? Anyway, we digress...

Eh...they get married. We don't really know what a wedding is like as Claire hasn't been to one since she was six and Heather can't remember one either. A montage again--scenes of HITOMI walking down the aisle, of HITOMI and VAN listening to RUHM recite the vows, and of VAN kissing HITOMI. AHHH! KAWAII!!!!

Scene 12: Int. What is now Hitomi and Van's room. FOLKEN is sitting on a chair by the bed, waiting patiently. No one else is in the room.

HITOMI and VAN's giddy laughter can be heard offstage.

HITOMI and VAN run in hand in hand, laughing. They jump onto their bed and look up, noticing FOLKEN.

HITOMI V.O: So....our wedding went well, but afterwards, Van had a rather--interesting--fight with Folken.

FOLKEN: Well, congratulations, you two.

VAN: Thank you.

HITOMI: Yeah, thanks.

FOLKEN: (to Hitomi) Now you are truly family to me.

HITOMI: Yes. (looks confused.)

HITOMI V.O: Is Folken supposed to...be here?

VAN V.O: FOLKEN!!!! What are you doing here?

VAN: Well, yeah..it's very nice, but...Folken...do you mind leaving? Hitomi and I need to....need to....eh.....consummate our marriage.

VAN turns red

HITOMI turns redder

FOLKEN: Don't you need a chaperone?

VAN: Ewww! FOLKEN!!!!!

HITOMI: I'm....sure...that won't be necessary.

FOLKEN: are you sure?

VAN: Why are you doing this?!

FOLKEN: Well...you see...we never had much time to pick on each other as brothers do, during my life....you were too young at first, then we had...

VAN: (interrupts.) Oh that's what you want to do? Well then, I don't think YOU should be talking!

FOLKEN: Whatever do you mean, Van?

VAN: Well, what do you do with Eriya and Naria when you're not here?!

HITOMI V.O: I cannot BELIEVE that on our WEDDING NIGHT Van is insinuating that his brother does nasty things with CATS....sheesh!

FOLKEN: They're CATS, Van.

VAN: Yeah, so?

SCENE 13: Allen's study. Celena is looking through the shelves. She is in a nightgown and her hair is in a braid. A candle in a holder is set across the room from her.

CELENA V.O: Ahhh....love is in the air. Hitomi and Van are married and Millerna and Dryden are expecting a baby. As for me....I don't know, but....I have feelings...that I've never experienced before...for Shesta. Anyway, I wonder how Millerna and Dryden's child came about?

CELENA pulls a book from the shelves. We can see the title, "The Reproductive Systems of Humans," She begins to read, her eyes widening.

CELENA V.O: So...to create a baby, two humans must...ewww!!!!! that's gross!!! Millerna and Dryden did that????? NASTY!!!! Maybe I should be glad Shesta is a ghost! And...and....Van and Hitomi are...right now.......

VAN from offstage: FOLKEN!!!!!!!!!!

CELENA V.O: Er...maybe not.....Anyway...that's all I need to know!

CELENA drops the book on the floor, picks up the candle and holds it as far away from her face as possible. With the other hand she holds her nose. She kicks open the door and runs out.

A few seconds later, ALLEN appears in the doorway, also holding a candle.

ALLEN V.O: Hmmm....I thought someone was in here--the door is ajar and--wait--there's a book on the floor!

ALLEN walks over, picks up the book, glances at the title.

ALLEN: CELENA!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh *shoot*