Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Happy Sequel To Escaflowne ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SCENE 35: scene montage of seasons passing, a picture of Hitomi holding a baby boy...daily life...etc.

HITOMI V.O.: So it's been almost a year since Celena and Shesta were married. Allen doesn't mind it as much anymore, and life has been relatively peaceful. My child, a boy that Van and I named Damien, was born. Celena is pregnant and Millerna is pregnant...again. Maybe she's growing to like Dryden more? Not too long after Celena and Shesta were married, Folken, Eriya, and Naria left for a time and came back alive. Anyway, so now it's summer, and one day we decided to give the servants a break and do some work. The guys, as well as Eriya and Naria, are working in the fields, while we girls pick fruit. Not too much work, though! We're in delicate condition…

SCENE 36: Ext. Field. VAN, ALLEN, SHESTA, FOLKEN, DRYDEN, JAJUKA, ERIYA, and NARIA are working in the field and talking. Due to the heat, most of the guys have their shirts off. Fortunately....or unfortunately, depending on your take, FOLKEN's arm came back to life, too, so he doesn't have the claw anymore. (Although ERIYA and NARIA probably have it somewhere...)

VAN: Hey Folken! Remember Amya? I think was her name? You used to like her so much back in....

FOLKEN: Yes I do. Why?

VAN: I was just wondering, did you ever tell Eriya and Naria about her?

FOLKEN: Van?!

VAN: Well...I was just wondering...if you still have dreams about her dipping her feet in the river and her golden hair blowing in the wind like you told us about so much.....

ERIYA: Eh?

NARIA: Who is THIS, Folken-sama?

ERIYA: I like you with your shirt off, by the way.

FOLKEN: This girl has been dead for a few years! And I stopped liking her long before that!

ERIYA is not paying attention, instead she is stroking FOLKEN's back. NARIA, however, is still intrigued.

NARIA: Was she as pretty as me?

FOLKEN: Uh.....uh...um...

ERIYA: She was pretty like ME! So she must have been prettier than Naria.

FOLKEN: VAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAN: (innocently) What? I don't know anything...I was only a young child...

FOLKEN: Allen...if Celena was as innocent a young child as VAN your attempts at protecting her were ALREADY wasted!

ALLEN: I think Celena was much more innocent then Van.....

VAN: Well....Folken talked so much about her it was hard not to notice.....

NARIA: I'm prettier than you, Eriya!

SHESTA: Oh dear...

ALLEN: What?

SHESTA: Well...this isn't the first time this has happened....

SHESTA has been keeping to himself for most of this discussion, feeling any commentary on his part would be unwanted and would steer the conversation to VERY touchy subjects. However, SHESTA needn't have worried, DRYDEN is all too willing to bring it up. Or maybe he's too thick to know what the response to what he's wondering will be....

DRYDEN: Hey, Shesta, you have all of these scars on your back! Where are they from?

SHESTA V.O.: What do you THINK?

SHESTA: Um....uh....

FOLKEN: Dryden? You are very THICK!

DRYDEN: Why? All I asked was where his scars came from....oh. Yeah! Huh! Battle, right? SHESTA: Not all of them.

VAN: Eh? Wait...on second thought...I don't want to know.

SHESTA: I didn't think you would. You usually don't like it when I talk about such matters. There are a lot of disturbing details about my past that you don't know about.

VAN: Ookay.

ERIYA: Look how the sun makes Folken-sama's back shine! Isn't it beautiful, Naria?

NARIA: Yeah!

NARIA runs her finger along FOLKEN's back, getting some of his sweat on it. She licks her finger. Everyone else stares at the three of them.

ALLEN: Um...that's just...disturbing.....

VAN: Just a little.....

SHESTA: No comment.

VAN: Thank you.

FOLKEN glares at everyone and puts his cape on.

ERIYA and NARIA: Awwwww!

FOLKEN: Would you PLEASE keep your observations to yourselves?!

ERIYA: But you're so beautiful....

NARIA: We couldn't resist, Folken-sama....

FOLKEN V.O.: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRYDEN sits down.

ALLEN: Are you taking ANOTHER break?

DRYDEN: This is so hard, though!

ERIYA: Why don't you go pick fruit, then?

ALLEN: That's a good idea!

SCENE 37: Int. dinner table. Everyone is sitting around the table, eating. ERIYA and NARIA are not there, however. FOLKEN looks very strange without his...attachments.

MERLE V.O.: Hi! I get to describe a scene! Yay! Anyway, so not too long after that, Eriya and Naria went away! Nobody knows why, or where, or if they'll be back or not, except Folken, but he won't tell us :(

CELENA: (to FOLKEN) are you okay?

FOLKEN: Yeah, why?

CELENA: You look kind-of nervous...

FOLKEN: I'm just…worried about Eriya and Naria...

CELENA: Yeah...

VAN: Where did they go?

SHESTA: Yeah! Are they coming back?

FOLKEN: You'll find out when they come back.

SHESTA: So they ARE coming back....

VAN: Darn.

FOLKEN: Van!

VAN: Just kidding.

FOLKEN: Van...

ALLEN: Did they go to do something? Or did they go on vacation or?

JAJUKA: VACATION??????????

ALLEN: Oh you know what I mean.

JAJUKA has a mental image of ERIYA and NARIA at the beach.

FOLKEN: Well...you'll all find out later, so...don't ask me now.

SCENE 38: Int. small sitting room. Everyone is there except CELENA, and ERIYA and NARIA are still gone. MILLERNA is also not there. SHESTA looks so nervous that he's about to pass out.

HITOMI V.O.: So...shortly after that, Celena gave birth.

HITOMI: She's been in there a long time, I hope she's okay.....

RANDOM MAID: Yeah, it usually doesn't take this long...

MARLENA and DAMIEN are playing on the floor with a set of wooden blocks. MILLERNA enters. SHESTA jumps to his feet.

SHESTA: What's wrong? Is she okay?

MILLERNA: Well, everything is fine and you can now come in and see your children!

SHESTA: Children?

MILLERNA: The reason it took so long was because she had twins!

EVERYONE rushes into a small room where CELENA is sitting up in a bed. She is holding two babies wrapped in white blankets on her lap.

CELENA: Hello....

SHESTA runs over to CELENA. CELENA smiles

CELENA: Well...you were nervous! Anyway, meet your children. One's a girl and one's a boy. Here, want to hold one? How about you hold the girl first?

SHESTA gingerly takes the girl baby from CELENA's arms. The boy is asleep. The girl is awake and has large, cute blue eyes and blonde hair. The boy also has blond hair but his shade of blond is lighter.

FOLKEN V.O.: Twins...one boy, one girl. Interesting. Is this a coincidence...or...?

SHESTA gazes at his daughter for a few moments then passes her to ALLEN.

ALLEN: Oh, her eyes are so beautiful...she looks a lot like you, when you were younger, Celena. Her eyes are so lively and intelligent! You can really tell a lot about a person through his or her eyes.

the boy wakes up. CELENA smiles then looks at his eyes

CELENA: 0.0

SHESTA: What?

SHESTA looks and sees that his son has red eyes.

SHESTA: Hey, Van, want to hold him?

VAN: (unknowing) Sure!

VAN picks up the boy and looks at his eyes.

VAN: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHESTA cracks up.

ALLEN: What?

VAN: You take him!

VAN tries to pass the boy to ALLEN, but the boy has his fingers wrapped up in VAN's shirt. VAN pries the baby's fingers out of his shirt. The baby grabs his hand. VAN wrenches the baby off him and passes him to ALLEN. The baby starts to wail.

MERLE: Oh dear! What's wrong, Van-sama?

VAN: SHESTA!!!!!!!!!!! That was mean!

SHESTA: But it was so funny!

CELENA: Please.

ALLEN looks into the baby's eyes.

ALLEN: Oh.

FOLKEN looks into the baby's eyes.

FOLKEN: You were saying, Allen?

ALLEN: Shut up.

SHESTA: You know who he kinda' looks like? He looks like...

HITOMI: He does not!

VAN: You look at him closer!

the baby is still wailing. ALLEN passes him back to CELENA. The girl looks at her brother with a sort of interest.

CELENA: Please, keep it to yourselves. I do not want my son growing up being treated the cruel way which you are treating him now.

SHESTA: I'm sorry....

CELENA shakes her head.

CELENA: ANYWAY....what should we name them? I was thinking, for the girl, after my and Allen's mother, if you don't mind, Allen?

ALLEN: That would be good. So...Enicia?

CELENA: Is that okay with you, Shesta?

SHESTA: Whatever you want.

CELENA sighs.

SHESTA: So...Enicia, and..

CELENA: What about the boy?"

VAN: Don't let Shesta pick!!!!!!

CELENA: He can pick it if he wants. Within REASON, Shesta.

SHESTA: *Darn.* How about...Dylan?

EVERYONE, including CELENA, glares at SHESTA.

SHESTA: Okay! Okay! Sor-ry! How about...Landon?

CELENA: LANDON?

SHESTA: Why not?

CELENA: Why?

SHESTA: Er...nevermind. Samech?

CELENA: Sure, why not?

ALLEN: Sounds good.

VAN: That's not the name of some Dragon Slayer I never met, is it?

SHESTA: No.

VAN: All right, then, sure.

SHESTA: You know, it's not like I need your approval for my kid's name!