Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Oracle Of The Phoenix ❯ Falling Into The Ocean ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okies, disclaimer 101, uh… anyway, I do not own Escaflowne, and/or related themes.

I do own, however, my character, Edwina Arrow, although I've altered her from my oldest character in Advanced Dungeons and Dragons who was a Chaotic Neutral Half-Elf to a Chaotic Neutral human pirate. Those who do not know what Chaotic Neutral means, it is someone who places everything they own and do on a simple roll of the dice or the flip of a coin. Okay. Also, I own the plot, and the whole plot and nothing (except my char) but the plot. Alrighty then here I go.

O and yes, in this fic, they are VERY Out of character. Okay! Bai, bai.

*****

Chapter 1

Falling into the ocean

*****

Hitomi Kanzaki sighed as she looked outside the window from her desk in her small room. She was slowly shuffling her tarot card deck instead of doing her homework. She would always dream about another world. A world without borders, a world where there were damsels in distress, old fashioned bar fights and most of all pirates. She would spend all of her time reading about them, she couldn't get enough of them. Parents, teachers and friends all told her to stop daydreaming, get her head out of the clouds and start doing her homework and assignments.

She threw her tarot cards on the bed beside her and picked up her pencil. `Okay……… concentrate. Maybe a chapter will get me motivated. She crawled off her chair and flopped onto her bed, spilling close to the edge tarot cards onto the floor. She grabbed the book on her bedside table that read "The Shadow of Ocean Phoenix."

" Chapter 7

Dilandau pointed his sword at the throat of Van. He snarled out the words, "Drop ye sword, ye be finished boy.' His sly grin crossed over his face. Van threw his sword to the side and raised his hands slightly.

"This be not near the end, Dilandau.' Van looked him square in the eye.

"Oh, but it is Van, it really is." He pierced his sword forward and Van moved out of the way. Dilandau swung it behind and Van ducked and slid backwards grabbing his sword and returning to the standing position. Van pointed his sword at Dilandau who in turn pointed his at Van. Both were squaring off.

"This be the decision. Will ye be victorious or will it be me?" Dilandau smiled sadistically and then-"

`Hitomi! Are you doing your homework?' Hitomi looked up from her book and threw it across the room, jumping up of her bed and running toward the door.

`What? I- didn't hear you.'

`I said are you doing you homework.'

`……… Of course, I'm almost done' she lied shutting her door again. She walked over to her desk and sat down again and stared outside. She rested her chin in her hands and stared outside. She squinted when she saw something falling from the sky.

`What is that?' she whispered. A sudden crash of lightning sent her pushing herself backwards with the chair and falling flat on the floor.

`Hitomi?' Her mother called. She sat up in her room quickly and ran downstairs.

`Hitomi, are you okay.' She ignored her and mother and ran outside in her sock feet and pajamas. `Hitomi Kanzaki you come back in here. You're going to catch a cold. Hitomi!' her mother's voice echoed.

Hitomi ran down the street through the rain and lightning to where she saw the thing falling from the sky in the park. She jumped a few bushes and almost slipped in some mud. She looked up just as thunder rang through the clouds. She saw the item fall just a few feet in front of her. She ran up to it and picked it up. She looked at it skeptically. It appeared to be a normal necklace. It had a gold chain and attached to was a pearl pink stone. She put it over her head and fixed it around her neck.

Hitomi was blinded by a light that came from the sky just as the pendant had. She was finally lifted up off the ground. She looked around frantically her feet were off the ground now and she started shouting.

`MOM! DAD!' the pendant seemed to be pulling her up. She attempted to pull it off but it seemed to have shrunk to fit her completely. There was another flash and then she suddenly found herself falling down, plunging into the ocean below.

The water crushed around her body and warmed her skin after the cool rain had been falling on it. She pushed her way to the top of the water and breathed in deep when she reached the surface.

`Help!' she yelled automatically. `Someone Hel-' Her eyes widened when she saw a huge ship in front of her. There were a few people looking over the edge at her.

`Would it not be a little early for a swim there missy?' One of the boys yelled.

`Please, help me………I'm not a really strong swimmer.' She pleaded.

`Aw ye be in a tight fix. Then ye best start swimming, shore is thirty miles south.' Hitomi dunked under for a moment before coming back up again. She was getting tired of treading water and the pendant was starting to feel extremely heavy.

`Please,' she begged again. `Please?'

`What be in it for me?' he asked.

`This.' She choked out. `I'll give you this.' She used her right hand to grab the pendant around her neck and dangle it in front of their sight, the man eyed it lovingly and then she dropped it again. `If you can help me out and get this off my neck you can have it.'

`Get her up.' The man ordered. `Now.' He shouted. The people started scurrying around and soon enough there was a rope being thrown over the edge for her to grab onto. She swam gratefully over to it and grabbed hold of it.

`Now, can ye pull yerself up lassie?' he asked.

`No……… I really don't think I can.' She said voice strained as she tried. `I'll need a little help.'

`Alright, come on now, pull you idiots.' He barked and walked over to help them pull. She was unexpectedly jerked out of the water. She tried to walk along the edge of the ship but couldn't quite reach it. She just tried her best to hang on while they hoisted her up. Finally reaching the edge she grabbed on to it and was pulled by a cat-girl.

She had a bandana on and a short dress that went down to her buttocks and a pair of rugged pants.

`What be your purpose in these here waters girl?' she questioned tapping her foot.

`I- just fell.' She said simply. The man that had obliged to her offer came in front of the cat-girl.

`Welcome,' He said, arms outstretched, `to the Sarniya. I be Captain Van Fanel. This be the crew.' He put one hand down and used the other outstretched hand to show her his "crew."

`I'm Kanzaki Hitomi.' She said breathlessly. He looked at her, then at her cloths and then at the pendant around her neck.

`Now what be with the cloths ye be wearin'. Where be ye comin' from?' he asked playing with a small tress that extended from his hair to the bottom of his jaw. It was longer that the rest of his hair on his head.

`Oh these?' she said looking down at her pajamas. `This is what I sleep in, my pajamas. And I come from Japan.' (A/N Uh, I can't remember where Hitomi comes from and if they even told us. ^^;)

`About the pendant.' she said. `I can't get it off, but if you can get it off me and help me get back home, you can have it.'

`It don't come off is that it. So what do ye want us ta do cut of yer head?' the cat girl pulled out a dagger and grabbed her hair.

`Merle.' Capitan Van yelled. `Put yer weapon away and let her hair go.' He squatted down in front of her and grabbed the pendant. `Real gold chain… hmmm where did ye get something like this?'

`It fell from the sky.'

`It be worth a lot.' He let if fall again. `Turn around.' He said. She did as he asked and turned around. He then again took the chain into his hands and tried breaking it. `This be a stubborn chain, it be.'

`Well,' he smiled, `Until I can get it off yer little neck, ye be sailing with us for a while.'

`What? Look how the be dressin'.' One of the crewmembers said.

`Aye, no worries there. She just brought a spring around her cable. I be making sure she'll be fitting in before we dock. Get up lassie.' Hitomi did what she was told. She wavered a little bit not being used to the rocking of the boat. Van helped her become steadier.

`Ye be lacking yer sea legs.'

`I'm missing what?' she asked uncomfortably.

`Sea legs. When one is foreign with the ship he be waverin' all over the place, like ye and ye be missin' yer sea legs.'

`Oh.' She said.

*****

Hey ppl's if anyone is actually reading this. Please review this……… it would make me happy and if you don't it will be excruciatingly painful and, and I don't want to think about it. Okies………please review.

~Sweet roses