Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Seeress ❯ As the Prophecy Unfolds ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Seeress ~ Chapter One

A Vision of Escaflowne fanfic.

By Amy

Author's Notes: This is Amy's first Escaflowne Fanfic. I started out as an original fiction writer, but never published any of it. My first published work was a Cardcaptor Sakura 4-chapter fanfic, which I tossed down the drain recently. My favorite work so far is my "STAR" series, which just began. I hope this fanfic will be up to the Escaflowne fanfic world's standards. Thank you for reading this!

Disclaimer:

Escaflowne, its vision, and its fellow stars have their own rightful owners, and they're not mine. I'm only using them for fanfic uses

---------------------------------------------

A tired young man, about the youthful age of eighteen, wistfully looked out the glass window of his large but simple room, staring at what remained of the Mystic Moon, which softly shined down. As king of the small Fanelia, Van had done wonders and is already a legend. The people of Gaia will never forget how the young king, at sixteen and side-by-side with the mysterious seeress from the Mystic Moon, had so bravely won the Great War for them. It didn't matter anymore that the cursed Draconian blood flowed in and through him. His noble actions proved him a true fanelian.

Even as the respected and loved rule, Van missed something. He still remembers those deep emerald eyes, the wistful expression shimmering in the ever-changing sea of green when she missed her home. Her home... The Mystic Moon...

They kept in contact of course, by the pendant that meant so much to the both of them. He checked on her. She was still asleep undisturbed, comforted by his presence. She had a good life. She is in a good college, majoring mythology, and enjoying it. Van supposed they made the right choice, sending her back. He was kept busy often, too, by ambassadors wanting a truce with the newly strengthening Fanelia.

The small country flourished after the war, and Van had rebuilt it quite successfully. Everyone loved and respected Van-sama and tried their best to obey laws. And except for a few thieves now and then, Fanelia is a peaceful and happy kingdom.

Van is quite glad for all this. He loved his country. But Hitomi constantly tugged at his heart.

---------------------------------------------

Hitomi felt him... felt him checking on her. She sighed happily and continued slumbering. There are classes to attend tomorrow.

In her dreams, she was Gaia. The beautiful place that changed her life. Its ever-changing beauty imprinted on her mind forever. She saw images of friends. Dilandou, Allen, Millerna... Van... The image of Van made her heart ache. She longed to be back in Gaia. Back with Van..

Van sighed again. It had been a long day. Four different ambassadors had come with no prior notice. The rainfall in a certain area had dropped a whole measure (it wasn't that much of a problem, but his agricultural advisors bugged him endlessly about it). A letter from Austria tells that Allen, Millerna, and Celena will be coming to visit. All of his advisors continued to bug him about marrying a noble lady. Perhaps Celena.

He sighed and got ready to change for fest, when Hitomi cried out to him. Strange... He didn't open a communication line. He proceeded to do that. Sleep can wait.

Hitomi told him about the nightmare. How she thought that it might be prophetic. How disaster ruled over Fanelia. How she wished she was with him.

How he himself was... so brutally... She wept and all he could do was comfort her, telling her it'll be alright. But he felt a dark presence that is anything but alright.

---------------------------------------------

Hitomi walked slowly along the stream bordering her college, taking her time in getting to class. The strange dream from the night before tugged endlessly at her soul. She wanted to go back to Gaia. Longed to feel Van. Longed to just be with him. She belonged there. But she realized that too late... Much too late.

---------------------------------------------

"No," Van said coldly. He hated this question.

"No?" the ambassador's eyebrow was dangerously high up.

"No," Van repeated. "I don't intend to marry any princess," he said mockingly, "ever."

The ambassador eventually left with a fifteen-year peace treaty and, unfortunately for him, a very impolite decline to his king's plan for Van to marry his princess, who was, in his opinion, every bit good enough, if not too good, for the king of Fanelia.

"What~?!" his foreign relations advisor muttered a li-ttle too loudly, "your majesty DECLINED marriage with who?"

"Princess Galania."

The older advisor sighed, "Well, she's only the daughter of the most powerful king in the world!"

"Don't you know," a young knight hinted, "his majesty was madly in love with the seeress of the Mystic Moon during the Great War! He's certainly not planning to marry anyone except for her!"

Van scowled and left the room for soe privacy.

An old advisor sitting in a small corner sighed, "I suppose no one ever told his majesty the second prophecy of the seeress from the Mystic Moon..." he muttered to himself.

---------------------------------------------

"The legend of Odysseus is thought up by the poet's imagination, although it's based on..." the professor's voice droned on and on. Hitomi didn't even bother to take notes. What does it matter if she failed the class?

Nothing really matters anymore...

"I wish..." Hitomi murmured, "I wish I can go to Gaia. I wish... I could stay there... forever..."

An energist nearby from out of nowhere burst out with a blinding light. Hitomi barely had time to gasp before she was taken to that unknown world. Again.

---------------------------------------------

The pendant Van carried suddenly released a bright, blinding light, knocking Van over and slowly drifted away. The last thing he remembered before he passed out was the orange-tinted red pendant slowly drifting towards the south. When came to, he was in his own room, surrounded by worried faces and voices chanting murmured prayers. A sign of relief waved through the crowded room as he awoke. Their king survived.

"All of you leave, dammit," he snapped, annoyed, "you're giving me a headache!"

He groped for the pendant at his chest, but it wasn't there, "where the hell is it?" he muttered.

"Your majesty..." a small servant girl stuttered nerviously.

"Don't 'your majesty' me," Van snapped again.

The little girl sniffled, afraid.

"Okay! Okay!" Van muttered, "I'm...I apologize, okay? I hate it when girls *sniffle*" An image of Hitomi crying over Allen suddenly appeared. He had been too...shy to get himself to comfort her. He sighed.

"Van-sama?" the servant looked confused and hesitant," Um...excuse me...but I heard that your...pendant," she paused thoughtfully, apparently thinking about why her king wore a pendant like that, "drifted towards a small town down south..."

Van thought for a moment, "You may go, " he murmured, "What is your name?"

"Lania, my Lord."

"Thank-you," he muttered, giving her a silver coin, "Lania."

Lania bowed and left.

"Go prepare Escaflowne. I'm leaving."

A man-servant hurried away to give the order.

---------------------------------------------

"You can't just leave!" an advisor exclaimed angrily when Van climbed into Escaflowne.

"Why not?" Van was sick of people trying to tell him what to do. He has to have that pendant back. It was his only link to Hitomi.

"A sickness-- a fatal disease broke out in the south," the advisor said carefully, "you really shouldn't risk--"

"All the more reason for me to go!" Van interrupted, "I'll go check out the illness too!"

"B-but..." the old advisor stuttered. Van ignored him

"What's this all about?" a familiar voice asked.

"Allen!" Van exclaimed, "When did you get here?"

"Just now. I heard what happened. I personally think you ought to stay," he waited for Van to reply, but continued when he didn't, "but if you must go, I'll go too."

"Why?" Van asked after a long pause.

"I can't afford to let you die," Allen muttered, "whether you like it or not, I consider you my friend. Besides," he grinned wickedly, "what would Hitomi say if she heard that I let you go off to die?"

Van scowled, "Oh all right..."

Allen grinned triumphantly.

---------------------------------------------

Hitomi looked around her. This was a part of Gaia she's never seen before. The open grassland stretched out endlessly. Smoke drifted up from a distant place ahead of her. She shrugged. Smoke usually meant people. She started walking.

---------------------------------------------

"Damn," Van muttered, "I didn't know you brought your own guymelef. Did you plan to do something with it?"

"Just had a feeling I'd need it," Allen smiled, "You'll be alright here, right, Sis?" he added to Celena.

"Of course," Celena smiled, "Have fun!" she ginned.

"Did I know she was so..." Van fumbled for the right words.

"Evil?" Celena grinned, " Who, me? I'd never be evil!" she cackled.

"Right..."

---------------------------------------------

Hitomi came upon a village. It was a quaint little town, made of beautiful little cottages with chimneys that provided the smoke that showed her way. The sun shone brightly directly overhead. It was noontime. She sighed and knocked at a door. The door opened. A woman holding a wailing child appeared.

"Leave," she said, "the whole village is infected. You don't want to stay here once disease starts changing to the contagious stage."

"What?"

"The entire area is infested with the virus, girl. Don't you know anything? This part of Fanelia is dying. The illness is spreading," she laughed bitterly, "I'll be dead in a few days... The king himself couldn't stop it... I don't think he even knows."

Hitomi stiffened, "King Van?"

"Yes, King Van you young know-nothing girl. Where have you been?"

"I know he's king..." Hitomi said thoughtfully, "I was at his coronation..."

"Really?" the woman looked doubtful, "I bet you've seen Lady Hitomi of the Mystic Moon."

"... I am her."

"Really..." sarcasm is a universal too to show doubt.

"Um..." she sighed, "Do you know where I can find a map and transportation?"

"I've got a map... Uninfected... Take it," she handed it to Hitomi, "Don't touch anyone or anything. Not unless you know they're not infected. It's transmitted by body fluids..."

"Thank you," Hitomi said sincerely.

"Don't expect to live to get to Van-sama's castle," the woman muttered and slammed the door.

Hitomi sighed and began walking. She was in Gaia and she'll find some way to get to Van. She would never give up to death. Not when she's so close to him.

---------------------------------------------

The pendant drifted, giving off a rhythmic glow. It knew its mistress was home, and it drifted towards her.

---------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Hello~! Wow... my very first Esca-fic. My... took forever, too! *hugs story.* I loove Vaan-saamaa... *Laughs* maybe I should kill off Hitomi-chan and force Van-sama into going out with me *cackles evilly* (Sherry, typing out Amy's fanfics as usual, points out that Van wouldn't be the same without Hitomi and he might not be quite so... likeable...) nah... I love Hitomi too much to steal her guy... Please Email me at fujiirohitomi@magicgirl.com to tell me what you think! I really always need encouraging at the beginning of a series. Especially a new anime. *BAIBAI*

(::Sherry cringes at Amy's last words:: Hello everyone! I'm just here to type up Amy's fanfic... But since I'm here, I'd just like to start babbling on... Please feel free to close the window or return to the main page if you do not wish to hear my meaningless talking... Well, for those of you left... Hi again! ... It's so great to be back.... I think... It's been a while... Have you people been visiting me??? T_T ... ::Sigh:: You don't really have to.... So really, ::Whispers:: what do you think of Amy's VO (Vision of) Escaflowne fanfic?... Come on... You can tell me... ^-^... No? Well, I've got to go anyway.... See you next chapter, perhaps.)