Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ Trapped ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Trapped By: Mystic  

Disclaimer: I don’t own Escaflowne or any of its associated characters or merchandise. I am not making any money off of this fanfic.

Warning: POV, possible OOC, AU

I’m trapped in here. Inside this darkness. I try to escape, and sometimes I see little rays of light, almost like a distant fire…but no…there’s no escape. At least, none that I can see. But, I will find an escape, sooner or later, someone will let me out of this terrifying darkness.

Darkness is something I associate with the scientists. I don’t like it. Usually, I’m not afraid of it, but this time I think I am. Still, I will find a way out! Someone has to set me free sometime. Chesta, maybe. Yes, one of my Dragonslayers will let me loose one day, when they find me, and I will have my revenge on all the people that put me here.

I am trapped like a rodent and I don’t like it. I need to be up and fighting. Oh, what I wouldn’t give to be able to have one more attempt at killing Van! I would not attempt it, I would do it. And, I would do the same to Allen Schezar. I hate their righteous, high-and-mighty attitudes. They think they’re better than I am. Well, they’re not!

I am known by many as Lord Dilandau. Not just Dilandau, but lord is in front of my name. I am greater than the two righteous piss-ants, I am greater than God! Still…I cannot deny that I am trapped here. For now, I am nothing more than a pet mouse who runs around in circles.

I won’t stay that way for long, however. I refuse to. I cannot allow myself to. I won’t let it end this way. I am a warrior, a Zaibach soldier, a Guymelef pilot. I am a great many things and have made too many accomplishments to allow myself to be silently locked away in some sort of prison made of darkness and shadows.

I have a sensation of floating between wakefulness and sleep. Most of the time, I believe that I sleep. But every once in a while I wake just a little bit to these thoughts and I know that one day…the thoughts will become a reality. The thought of this gives me the sensation of a smile, a maniac smirk.

I long to smack my Dragonslayers again, to battle with Van…and one day….I will.