Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Two souls ... two destinies ❯ Bad aiming ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Escaflowne is Sunrise's propriety and others that I don't know! Van, Hitomi and all the original chapters, original story and blá, blá, blá, are also Sunrise and others propriety. But, Marta, Christina, Farge, Drid, Kokato, Zardus, Yukí, Sorú, Sano, Ureshiú, Sotskí, Mika and all the characters you don't see on the mangas or shows are mine. The story is also mine, cause I was the one to imagine it and to write it.

Well, I'm writing this for fun, but I would love if someone gave me their comments. Say you hate me if you want! I accept that as a good critic. (Something I learned from my mother!) Well I hope that at least someone likes it. It's not like I'm going to stop writing if no one does, but anyway it's a good incentive, don't you think? Enjoy your reading!

The vision of Escaflowne: Two souls … two destinies

Chapter 10: Bad aiming!

#Previously, Zardus entered Hitomi's room, cause it was raining outside. A very appropriated situation, don't you think? Anyway, finally this 'previously' thing is not about Marta! I love the girl, but it bothers me to have to write this thing always about her. Enjoy ...#

Zardus was seating on a chair and Hitomi was on his lap. She had her head against his warm chest. Her arms were around his neck and his hands were around her waist. She was almost asleep, they had talked all night and it was getting very late. Yet he didn't wanted to leave.

All the light was off and the only light was from the stars and the moons outside.

He kissed her forehead and picked her up, carrying her to her bed. She was asleep and he decided to leave. He got to the bathroom and got his shirt and cloak on. He got out from her room before she woke up and tried to stop him. The rain had stoped, minutes ago!

~*~*~

Next morning:

Everyone decided to take breakfast at the same time. But everyone was with a sad face, sighs everywhere.

"Good morning!" - was the only thing everyone said when they entered the dinning-room. The others nodded and sighed once more.

Marta was sad, but she really didn't know why. Van was sad because he hadn't sleep nothing, he got a cold. Hitomi was sad cause Zardus gone without saying goodbye. Celena was sad cause Sorú didn't appear last night. Christina was sad cause she was on one of those days. Allen was sad cause everyone has a girlfriend but him. Farge was sad cause she was not feeling well. Drid was sad cause he was worried about Farge. And Mika was sad cause today was her mother's death anniversary.

Indeed a sad day! Than, Merle came with her happy face. When she saw how the others were, she too become sad. That was contagious, very contagious …

"Oh, come on! Cheer up people!" - Merle yelled. They sighed once more. - "I can't believe it! You too Marta?" - she made an annoying face, seeing that Marta was the worst of them all. - "Giz! Give me a break!" - she started eating her cookies, and noticed that Marta wasn't even caring for it. «Strange!» - she thought to herself.

Everyone was leaving the room, Marta grabbed Hitomi's arm and pulled her aside.

"I need to talk to you!" - Hitomi looked at her and couldn't understand her sadness.

"Are you all right Marta?" - she nodded. - "You don't look like!"

"I need you to do me a favour!" - Marta said with her eyes down. - "It's very important for me!" - Hitomi looked puzzled.

"What is it Marta?" - Marta looked into Hitomi's eyes. Hitomi could see that she was confused and very sad.

"I need you to read my past, in the cards …" - Hitomi's eyes wined up.

"But … I don't do it since I went to Earth again!"

"Don't you have your cards?" - Marta asked looking deeply into Hitomi's eyes.

"Yes, but …" - Hitomi reconsidered, she didn't want to make Marta even sad. - "Ok! But just this once!" - Marta sad face was replaced for one from happiness. - "Come! I'll do it at my room!" - Hitomi grabbed Marta's arm and pulled her through the corridor, and into her private quarters.

~*~*~

Hitomi's private quarters:

Marta and Hitomi entered. Hitomi locked the door and aimed at a seat to Marta. She sat and Hitomi gone to get her tarot cards. She sat at the table.

"Are you sure you want me to do this?" - Marta nodded. - "Ok!" - Hitomi sighed. She shuffled the cards, than she separated into three pieces and asked Marta to put them together, as she wished. Marta did so and Hitomi took off the first card.

"You had a happy childhood! Loved by your family." - Marta waited. She wanted to see if she was really Yukí's sister. Hitomi took another card … the death card. - "Death came to separate you from the ones you loved." - the tower card. - "A big trip and a live full of regrets and sorrows." - as Hitomi took the cards, Marta thought. She thought this was going to help … but … this could lead her to believe hat she was Yukí's sister, and that she was not.

Happy childhood, she could have had with her family on Earth. Death, her parents died on a car accident. A great trip … to the orphanage. A live full of regrets and sorrows … after she was adopted.

Hitomi saw her puzzled expression and stopped. - "Want me to stop?" - Marta that was looking down, looked up at Hitomi.

"Yes! Can you read my future?" - Hitomi's eyes wined up in surprise.

"Are you sure?" - she nodded. - "Oh … Ok!" - Hitomi sighed and started doing exactly the same thing she had done before.

"Umh! Your past … it's coming to torment you again!" - Marta looked up at her, Hitomi had a serious face. - "That past is going to … funny!" - Marta lifted and eyebrow.

"What's funny?" - she asked concerned. Hitomi smiled.

"You'll be happy, but sad! - Marta looked puzzled.

"How's that?" - Hitomi looked into Marta's eyes.

"The cards only give us clues, not a complete route!" - Marta smirked and looked down again. - "You'll meet love!" - Marta looked up. «Love?» - "But something will come on the way! Something beyond felling … something that will not let you any chance of being happy with the person you love!" - Marta sighed.

"No good news I suppose?" - Hitomi smiled as she took the next card off.

"Yes! Despite you can not be with him … you'll be happy cause he will give you something very valuable!" - Marta, again lifted and eyebrow.

"And what will that be?" - Hitomi's time to lift an eyebrow. - "Ok! Only clues!" - she sighed again. Hitomi took another card and placed it on the table.

"Right! … You'll meet the two parts of the game! The good and the evil!" - «What is she talking about?» - Marta thought. - "And at the end … GOD!" - Hitomi placed one hand over her mouth. Marta looked puzzled.

"What?" - Hitomi looked at her. Eyes full of sadness and sorrow.

"At the end … you'll be alone again …" - Marta froze. «Alone? Again?» Hitomi looked concerned. - "Are you ok, Marta?" - Marta looked into her eyes and sighed.

"Yes! Thanks Hitomi!" - she got up from the chair and went to the door, then turned around. - "Hitomi, Van told me you had visions!" - Hitomi nodded. - "Why don't you have them now?"

"Who knows!" - Hitomi smiled and Marta smiled back, although she was not very happy.

"I just hope your future will be much better than mine!" - with this she left. Hitomi stood on the chair, looking at the `lovers card'.

"At least … she'll be happy for a while …"

~*~*~

"… Love …" - Marta whispered has she headed to her private quarters. She saw Van's door open and couldn't help it. She had to look.

He laid on the bed, with his belly up, his hands behind his head and he was looking at the top of the bed. He had only his white pants on. He closed his eyes and sighed.

«What could he be thinking of?» - Marta thought has she closed her bedroom's door. «What do I care anyway?»- She sighed and laid on her bed, grabbing her pillow tightly.

~*~*~

That night:

"I'm sure she is at the gardens!" - Marta said to a very worried Zardus, while they walked through the corridor.

"She's not! I've been there already!" - he got close to her ear and whispered. - "Besides it's not safe for me to be in here … if Van sees me..." - she smiled.

They got to the gardens and headed to the place where Marta and Hitomi used to talk. They saw her, but she was not alone.

"Sheet! Van's with her!" - Zardus froze seeing his rival. After all he was on the enemies territory.

"Let's get out of here, before he sees you!" - they were about to do it, when Van turned around and saw them. - "Ah-Oh! This is not good! Definitely not good!" - Van took a while to recognize his `cousin'.

"ZARDUS?!" - he run close to him and Marta. Zardus was unarmed. - "What the hell are you doing in my palace?"

"Just passing by!" - Van sheathed his sword and aimed at Zardus. - "Calm down! I'm unarmed!" - Van smiled at him.

"Pathetic! Than pick up one! Weapons … we have plenty of them!" - Zardus sighed and looked over to he palace walls. There stood some arrows and bows. Not the perfect weapon!

"VAN!" - Drid and Farge were coming by. Drid sheathed his sword to.

"Wait this is not necessary!" - Marta spoke up.

"I didn't knew you were on his side Marta?" - Van's eyes flooded in hate. - "I thought I could trust you!"

"And you can! But he is unarmed!" - Van put back his sword, as did Drid. Zardus sighed in relief, as did Hitomi that was behind Van.

"Next time, you'll not get away so easily!" - At that moment, some of the soldiers from one of Zardus' troops, came and started attacking Van and the others.

Marta and Zardus picked up a bow and arrows. They both saw one soldier, attacking Drid from behind. They aimed and launched.

The soldier felt back, with an arrow crossing his chest.

"DRID!" - Farge yelled, starting to cry, as Drid felt to the ground. And arrow was cross hi chest, very close to the heart.

The soldiers retrieved. Marta dropped her bow in disbelief. Her eyes opened beyond imagination. Farge gave an angry look at Zardus and picked up her weapons, launching them to him. She cutted him twice in the right arm, and once on the left leg. - "YOU BASTARD! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" - tears going down her chin, as she launched more and more blade-hoops. Zardus avoid them with much difficulty.

"Stop it! STOP IT!"- Farge stopped and looked at Marta who was also crying. - "He was not the one who launched that arrow!" - Farge's eyes, and the others wined up in disbelief. - "I was! But it was not on …" -Marta stopped as Farge launched one blade-hoop at her, cutting her neck, that started bleeding uncontrollably.

"MARTA!" - Zardus run to her, catching her before she felt to he ground. Marta couldn't breath, she felt more and more weak. - "Marta! You can do it! You can heal yourself! Just wish it!" - Marta put one hand on her neck and did exactly the same thing she had done with the dragon. Zardus' eyes wined up as her wound started disappearing. Soon Marta was up again.

"Unbelievable!" - Was Hitomi's only words.

"Thanks Zardus!" - he smiled at her and she started walking to Drid. Farge was crying on his chest. He was almost dead.

She took the arrow off, and the wound started bleeding even more. Farge snapped her.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU WANT HIM TO DIE FASTER?" - Marta put her hand on Drid's wound.

"I know what I'm doing!" -Marta firmed. She concentrated and slowly, Drid's wound started to close. His blood returned to his body and the skin was reborn. Soon he was breathing normally.

He sat up and scratched his head. - "What happened?" - Farge, full of happiness, hugged him and cried on his chest. The others sighed in relief.

Marta got up, but soon lost her balance, falling to Zardus arms and fainting. Zardus picked her up and carried her, close to Van.

"Take her! I'd better leave!" - Van picked her up and Zardus turned his back on him. - "I want you to know that I didn't told my men to attack you. I came alone and I will find out who betrayed me! Sorry for any damage!" - he disappeared, before Van could say anything.

Marta slowly opened her eyes. She found Van looking at her and released that she was on his arms.

"What the hell …" - she jump to the ground, almost losing her balance.

"Giz … I don't bite Marta!" - Van said annoyed, crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry Van … it's just …" - she looked down and started walking inside the Palace. Hitomi followed her.

A strong breeze was felt; Marta's hair and dress flew at the wind. She looked at Hitomi and saw her weird expression. A mix of sadness and … happiness.

Hitomi went to Marta's room. Marta opened the door and stopped looking at Hitomi.

"Want to come in?" - she asked while pointing to the inside of her private quarters.

"No! I'd better get some sleep." - Hitomi turned around, but Marta grabbed her right arm.

"What where you and Van talking about?" - Hitomi turned around and pushed Marta inside her room, locking the door. She laid her back on the cold wall and looked down.

"We were not talking!" - Hitomi firmed. Marta looked puzzled.

"Than what were you doing?" - Hitomi looked deep into Marta's eyes and sighed.

"You know I loved Van for years! During those years all I thought about was to be with him and to kiss him." - she looked down again. - "I couldn't help myself!" - Marta sighed and sat on the edge of her bed, although anyone could sense that she was very angry.

"I thought you liked Zardus!"

"And I do … but I couldn't …" - Marta interrupted her.

"You don't need to explain to me! I've nothing to do with it!" - she sighed again. - "But Zardus isn't going to like hearing about it!"

"I'm going to tell him anyway! If he really loves me … he'll understand … I think!" - she sat on the cold floor of Marta's room.

Marta didn't knew how to comfort her, and she didn't knew if she wanted to, anyway. Hitomi made a scoffing smile

"I must admit Van kisses are really good! Don't you agree!" - Marta blushed and started to stammer.

"I-don't---" - Hitomi got up and laugh. She got close to Marta and sat next to her.

"Got you!" - Marta blushed even more with embarrassment. - "When was it?"

"What?" - Marta asked, trying to ignore her.

"Do you love him?" - Marta's face became serious and she got up.

"NO! And he loves you!" - Marta sighed and gone close to the window, opening it.

"No! He doesn't!" - Marta's eyes wined up in disbelief. She turned around to face Hitomi. - "When we kissed, I understood that he doesn't love me anymore! Whether you believe it or not!" - Marta laugh.

"Hitomi! He loves you! I know it cause he told me!" - Hitomi smiled and closed her eyes.

"And when was that? Three weeks ago, I suppose!" - Marta turned to the window.

"And does it matter?" - she asked, observing the beautiful night sky.

"Yes cause he changed! I don't love him, and he doesn't love me!" - she gone to he door and opened it, leaving the room.

Marta sighed. She gone to the bathroom, took a nice shower and then gone to sleep.

~*~*~

On the outskirts of Asturia:

"SHE WAS DOING WHAT?" - Zardus punched the table, with the anger, and the lamp felt to the floor.

"I'm sorry Zardus!" - Yukí lowered her head, showing that she too was not pleased with what Hitomi had done.

"Prepare the men. Tomorrow we will attack … and his time I'll kill Van Slanzar de Fanel!" - his eyes were full of hate, and even Yukí vacillated seeing him like that.

"Y-Yes sir!" - she left him alone. Zardus kicked the table and it felt to the ground, along with all the stuff that was on it.

"You'll pay for this … Hitomi!" - the only light on the room vanished, as the hate grew …

~*~*~

Next morning:

Marta stretched herself and smiled seeing the shiny sun that was rising outside. She got up and opened the window, inhaling the pure hair. She felt happy for being in there … in Gaea. She turned around and opened the wardrobe. She had plenty of dresses that Van had bought to her. She looked from one side to the other of the wardrobe and finally picked up a green one, putting it on the bed. She gone to the bathroom and made the same things she did everyday. She washed her teeth and face. Combed her hair, and saw her image on the mirror. She went to the main room again. She started to take off her nightdress when she looked to her right. There stood her weapon. She sighed and decided to wear some blue jeans and a purple shirt. She put her tiny chain around her waist, and her ten silver bracelets on her right arm. Before she left, she picked up her weapon and went with it to the dinning-room.

She opened the huge door that leaded to the dinning-room and saw Van on his usual place. She couldn't help it. Remembering what Hitomi had said before, her happy face was placed by one of sadness.

Van wasn't very happy too. - "Good morning Marta!" - he sighed, as did she when she took her usual seat.

"Good morning Van! About last night … I was trying to avoid some death, ok?" - Van observed from the corner of his eyes, while eating his breakfast.

"Sure! Now you became a hero!" - Marta noticed the sarcasm on his words and smirked.

"You can be so sarcastic sometimes Van!" - he stopped eating but didn't face her.

"Now I'm the sarcastic one! That's new!" - he also smirked.

"Backa!" - she drunk all her juice.

"Look who's talking!" - Van too drunk his whole juice. She gave him an angry look. He did nothing. - "Are you going to train?" - he asked after a while, seeing that she had brought her weapon.

"Yes, master!" - she firmed sarcastically.

"Can I make you some company?" - she just nodded and ate the last of her biscuits, before leaving. Before she could say anything he spoke off. - "Go on! I'll meet you there in minutes!" - she left the room, and Van sighed.

~*~*~

When he arrived to the training-room, he found Marta climbing to a small window. The only one who was on the huge room. He smirked crossing his arms.

"So! What do we have here?" - with this he distracted Marta and she felt to the ground.

"Autch! For god's sake Van!" - he laugh and helped her up. - "Are you trying to break my head, once and for all?" - he smiled and sheathed his sword, aiming at her throat. She gasped and with a finger, moved the point of the sword to the left.

"Pick up!" - he said, giving some steps back and preparing to attack.

"You're in a hurry?" - she picked her weapon, and with a yell he instantly attacked her, she blocked his first attack with the `stick' of her weapon. - "I wonder if you're that fast with other things!" - he smiled and smirked, moving back and attacking her countless times..

"I have to admit …" - he continued attacking her, finding it very difficult to make her lose her weapon. - "… You improved your skills very quickly!" - finally, he made her lose her balance, and threw her weapon to the floor, aiming his sword to her throat. - "Unfortunately … not enough!"

She smiled and smirked. She sat on the floor, laying her back on the cold wall. Van put his sword back and sat next to her, kicking her weapon a little.

"Watch out with the stuff!" - she yelled at him.

"Don't worry! I'll find you other if I broke this one!" - he firmed, sighing.

"Tuff night, yesterday! Wasn't it?" - Van blushed a little and Marta laugh.

"It's not funny!" - she stopped laughing and looked him deep in the eyes.

"Yes it is! So? Happy now?" - he turned his view to the other corner of the room.

"Why would I be happy?" - she sighed and looked at the floor.

"Cause you and her … well …" - Van shot his eyes and lay back on the floor.

"Me and her … nothing!" - she looked at him again.

"What do you mean with `nothing'?" - she asked, laying down on the floor, too.

UPS! This is the shortest chapter I've made till now! Anyway as no one reads it, I don't have to worry, isn't it? Cause if someone reads it, no one e-mails me! I'm getting a little depressed, without motivation to write. That's why I write slower and the chapters came in minor quantity and are smallest.

Na! I was kidding! This one is shorter cause I want it to be. But please tell me if you liked it or not. That's so important!

Anyway, thanks for reading and till next chapter!

Bye, bye!

***

#Ana Nunes#